Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Next you'll be telling me that Homestuck is some sort of weird fetish comic...

...oh god.
Only when horses are involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Autonomous Monster posted:

e: That teleportation lamp thing is why the Castle's frozen in time to begin with, isn't it?
Didn't Baron Wulfenbach show up with Some drat Spark Gizmo and set it off trapping him and everything/body else in the town in stasis?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

My Girl Genius theory is that we're gonna get stuck in something inconsequential for the overall plot for a year or so soon.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Brought To You By posted:

Hell Outsider has had more consistent updates over the last three months.
Wait what? *checks* Holy poo poo, it has! :aaa:

EDIT: Oh man, it's had a whole 5 pages since Feb 2013! really moving along there :haw:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

majormonotone posted:

Is there a reason that Dr. McNinja couldn't have just given Sparklelord a fake name? Or did I miss something?
Based on Sparkelord's reaction, I think the answer is "no, but Patrick assumed otherwise".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FlyinPingu posted:

post your favorite wolfpupy comics itt

okay

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Wasn't there a webcomic that ended with the author saying "gently caress it" and just writing out the rest of the story as one big text post?
A webcomic?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gally posted:

it can't actually ring up as doritos on most scanners because the bar code is gold foil

its beautiful
Man I'm sad I missed that book but I couldn't really afford it at the time.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

I think Dominic Deegan was a great webcomic experience to enjoy, but that it was really a "you had to be there" thing. Specifically, you had to be there in a mock thread with a lot of funny edits. Pretty much all the Dominic Deegan threads on any forum where any existed were full of edits. It was magical. Sadly, this is all gone to the digital dustbin, along with everything else ever put on ImageShack and Photobucket.
As I recall, the "all the Dominic Deegan threads" list extended even to the official forums for the comic. Literally anywhere it was being discussed quickly transitioned into "wait this is pretty bad", including places that should have been full of rabid defenders of it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Not the astronaut one, the president one. There's also a wizard one banging around somewhere that still wants to gently caress him up too IIRC.
I don't think there was a "Protect Presidents" spooky ghost, there was just the NASAGhast, and Kind Radical became and astronaut so it'd protect him.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oh wait that one, yeah.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

Still surprisingly relevant.

https://twitter.com/SirCinnamon/status/810160839802155008

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Burkion posted:

This is why DD could support and maintain a mock thread where all else fails.

No matter how awful it got, there was always this charm to it that made you really, REALLY love hating it.

The consistent updates helped too. Mookie being a pretty alright guy with some weird fetishes also helped the thread from getting too icky or personal.
The consistent updates and something like 90% of the updates having some novel way mookie hosed up helped a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zerilan posted:

Yeah DD updating almost every day was probably the biggest thing that kept the thread going. Mock threads really quickly take downward spirals the moment there's a lack of new material.
Yeah, I don't recall the DD mock thread doing much digging into his life outside the comic beyond "checking the contents of the /images/ file on the website". (And finding lots of photos of girls covered in fake blood and stuff. :staredog: )

• Locked thread