Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

straight up brolic posted:

villa are close to signing balde keita from lazio. He's pretty good right?

Yeah he's actually been a very impressive talent, had a great season, he just happened to be in the same squad as Felipe Anderson, who overshadowed the whole team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have been slightly impressed by Padoin today? he had that reckless yellow but he's been working his rear end off retrieving possession.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What I'm trying to say is, Padoin is our perfect Vidal-Tevez-Pirlo replacement.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Have faith friends, Little Paulo is here to save the day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

Allegri curse is true, burn this to the ground, etc

:agreed:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am sad, posting friends.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

5 minutes lmao are you serious

Countdown until a dodgy penalty..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ha ha ha ha *screams*

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

canepazzo posted:

Looks like Llorente is joining Sevilla on a free, after rescinding with Juventus.

Seeya Llorente, you scored some goals, weren't as good at headers as we needed, and died.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Ugh this av

Hmm, what're your feelings on Wanda Nara now, esteemed GG?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Just getting around to watching the first 60 minutes of the Juve game (I turned it off because, just, wow) and I don't understand how we went from CL finalists to loving struggling against Chievo. We beat Real loving Madrid and we're getting clowned by former relegation fodder.

Were Vidal, Pirlo, and Tevez really that pivotal to the team?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Yesterday's game was one where Tevez would have scored almost certainly. Juve had some chances, especially after Pogba came on, but not enough quality to finish them. Like Ibra with Milan, those three made everyone else around them look better.

Do you guys think we would have benefited from having Mandzukic out there? Dybala and Morata is good but there's no veteran striker there, maybe someone with a bit more experience putting the ball in the loving net would have helped?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Drogadon posted:

The crisis is over lads

After the second half I thought we looked really good, Cuadrado especially impressed me.

Is this because our players just expect to win league games and actually decide to show up when we've got some team of repute to play instead of Chievo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Phwoar I hope this comes to the states. Laura Barriales is a qt too

Holy poo poo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Morata will be out for 1-2 weeks, but there were no tears in his muscles, just strain. Mandzukic is out for at least three weeks.

Reminder that there are midweek games this week as well.

Come on Big Zaz and Little Paulo, I guess.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I hate this gay earth

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Seltzer posted:

Sicilian Juve fans

There's more of us than you think!

e: if you count the Aeolians as Sicilian

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

My own sister is a Juventus fan, just to be contrarian to the rest of us. Juve has a weird power over people.

Someone image dump pictures of Del Piero, Buffon and Zambrotta so we can remind Gigi why his sister supports Juve.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That cut to AdL and his posse slowly bumping up and down was the most surreal poo poo I've ever see.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Honestly we're in loving shambles. The only people who look like they know what they're doing out Bonucci, Chiellini, and Pogba. We STARTED Padoin today.

I whanna die.

e: just as I say that Leo has one of the worst loving shots on goal from distance I've ever seen.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hail Satan

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

We're resorting to long ball tactics, but christ, if it works.

Congrats Lemina!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hernanes for Cuadrado was perhaps the perfect substitution.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Can we loan back Pirlo in December :( I can't help but think about how much better this side would look with a slower, experienced player.

Maybe we'll be better when Marchisio returns or they revive the corpse of Sami Khedira (lol)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I thought Dybala looked better than Zaza there by a mile??

Goddamnit Allegri.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It feels exactly like there's no team play. It feels like everyone is waiting for someone to perform a bit of genius.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What a load of poo poo this game is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is there any reason a gold tapir is somehow a trophy for that concept? I'm bewildered.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Seltzer posted:

I had to find this out

Google Translate
"the recipient of this award should feel guilty or depressed about what he has done or has happened to him, and therefore should have a sad face or long face, similar to the features of the elongated snout and the trunk of the tapir."

e- Also Cassano has won at least 8 from what I can tell

holy loving poo poo, Italy (unlike Juve) never disappoints.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

Caceres crashed his Ferrari into a bus stop while driving drunk last night.

Cool season keeps getting cooler :thumbsup:

Fact: Turin turns people into drunk drivers.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Football Italia says Caceres was surprised at Juve's decision to suspend him and that he wasn't drunk while driving his Ferrari over road islands and into a bus stop.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Happy Birthday, Mirko Vucinic!

(Who has scored 25 goals in 23 games at Al-Jazira)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Just checking in to let everyone know I shouted in excitement when Morata equalized against Bologna.

Look at these words I am typing, why

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sami Khedira???

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Simone Poodoin posted:

Boca aren't paying Tevez and he said he will come back in January if things don't get better. Would be a great mentor for Dybala but then there would be a surplus of attackers.

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/juventus/juventus-tevez-puo-tornare-_1078708-201502a.shtml

As soon as Mandzukic comes back Morata/Dybala/Zaza/Mandzukic will get injured.

Come back Carlitos, please.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

I saw someone on Twitter point out that Juve already used their non EU transfer spots on Cuadrado and Hernanes, so Tevez probably couldn't transfer in January anyways.

E: I guess Hernanes doesn't count since he came from an Italian club. So idk, ijdk. I guess Alex Sandro counts?

Cuadrado came from Chelsea? And Sandro came from Porto? Why does Hernanes not count and they do? Can we solve this problem by firing Hernanes out of some kind of giant cannon into the sun?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

I think most people knew he would be absurdly good in MLS because he could've easily played for anyone except Juventus in Italy, and really he probably could have slotted in just fine, but Conte didn't pick him above others. Barcelona might be a stretch but he should really come back to Europe.

Come home, Sebastian.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

Turns out Morata didn't break a bone, he just has a deep bruise. He'll miss the Inter match, but shouldn't be out for an extended period of time.

Best news I've heard all week.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Soulex should get this if we win the scudetto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Congratulations Soulex!

• Locked thread