Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

"we"?

If you work for/at 2K can you please just tell me if I can change my jersey in MyCareer this time, I promise i won't leak the info to the FBI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The Glumslinger posted:

I actually like my job, so please don't ask me for unreleased info

but i want it so bad :(

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebvMrI2rZMw

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKcHuHmfMeE

MY DICCCKKKK

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

If you're like me and you're desperately looking for anything NBA2k related these days, heres a 15 minute breakdown of stuff to see in the #WINNING trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5NlZitTfMA

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Glum do you know, or can you say if generated rookies are going to just have random tattoos all over them or will their be some logic applied?

I really hope year three of every season isn't filled with face tattoos

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

So we don't have a NBA Live thread (probably with good reason), so i'll just post this Live 16 footage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP2V27GReMI

Overall it looks way better than the last Live game, but the animations and the way the players move around is still kind of bad looking

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK2FUST36hE

Also a blogpost on OS to go with this video from lead dev Mike Wang:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2322/nba-2k16-gameplay-blog-with-mike-wang/

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 2, 2015

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

I really cant explain how much better the defense and rebounding is this year, the gameplay team did a great job this year

I hope so! Defense feeling sluggish was a big downer last year.

Just the fact that there will be some long rebounds makes it pretty awesome, I don't think I saw a single long bounce in 2k15.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqMSLJQD8k

One thing I noticed about this video is that the crowd seems to be 100% completely frozen?

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 9, 2015

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Inside Outside posted:

MyTeam is a mode I really wanted to like, but playing online against other people is such a drag of exploits that I probably won't even touch it.

Same, though they said they have worked on a number of the exploits from 2k15 (which was probably the worst year for them) so my hopes aren't completely dashed.

At least this year I hope the cheese moves are harder to pull off then simply running back and forth until the defense cant keep up

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Rrvi2HrZ8

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Did they not do more than one take?

Hopefully that was the first take at least

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIqnwWqzkRc

It looks like an iOS game

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

If you are like me and need something to itch the basketball urge until 2k comes out, the NBA Live 16 demo is out on Xbone/PS4 now

NBA LIVE 16 report:

its fuckin trash

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 15, 2015

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I am counting down like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Only 3 more sleeps now!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

ButtWolf posted:

Does anyone have a problem with shot blocking on 2K? I'll get Ty Lawson throwing up some weak underhanded poo poo against Ibaka and it won't get close. With all the upgrades to D this year, I'm betting it's better. I pre-order a long time ago, and for some reason thought it came out Oct. 16th, so I was so happy yesterday when I realized I can play all weekend. I might have to delete Destiny so I'm not tempted.

Players track the ball better this year and instead of ibaka picking a direction to swat at the ball he will try to block the ball directly. The defense looks much improved this year and I honestly think it was the focus of this dev cycle

There is no way that the 2K servers don't melt down at 12am on Friday

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Why would you be playing offline?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I think 35000 VC was $10 this year, so if you are the type to buy VC anyways it might be worth it for you

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Dexo posted:

Nice that those who pre-order the game get the rights to beta test the servers over the weekend.

Don't worry, the servers will still be majorly hosed from Monday-forever so everyone will get it join in.

If anything the preorder weekend will be better than full release

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

PS4 now, PC when it goes on sale and the mods are actually out

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Volkerball posted:

i will go where i am drafted.

Is there a draft for sure? I hated having to just pick a team

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

zelah posted:

I really liked being a SF and probably will go with that again. All the dunks, all the 3s, all the blocks. Plus the Blazers really don't have anything going on in that spot this year.

You can't make an all around Jesus anymore

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

zelah posted:

Then what's the point?

Online play is going to be 100x better because people won't be amazing at everything and will have to play a role like a real player

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

ihatepants posted:

Preload is up on PSN as well - just got the notification.

4.630GB for the base game and a 2.218GB update. Not sure how big the "additional game files" will be.

Another 40 gb most likely

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Can we download the additional content now? So when 9pm PST rolls around will I be able to play or do I have to download that additional 40gb?

I really hope so, psn goes between 3-4MB/s and <500kb/s for me. Mostly the lower amount

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

This is actually the longest day of my life

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Game owns

And I'm colored so I don't even have to be bothered that my virtual family doesn't look like me

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Noticed that Clark Kellogg still seems to reference Steve Kerr in some of his lines lmao

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

It's actually kind of crazy how uninteresting this story is

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Rest in power

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

This is the most Spike Lee thing I've ever seen

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

This game is so good, I have played like 10 hours already

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Did they fix it so you can see fatigue without calling timeout or pausing the game?

yes

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Mr. Bing posted:

How to win MyPark:

1. Play a big.
2. Post up.
3. Pass to one of your 12 open teammates because everyone just left their man to try to steal the ball from you.

Too bad that every time I post up in the park my teammates decide they should all run into the paint with me and bring every defender into the picture

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Mandrel posted:

Day 3 of being stuck on the Wolves in domination. Until I figure out how to get the AI to play some loving defense I'll never get past this. What difficulty is Domination set to anyway? I'm still lighting teams better than this Wolves team up in challenge mode on Pro with this exact squad. But any time I manage to even grab a decent lead I can feel them rubber banding back into it. My latest strategy has been to try to scheme Wiggins, Martin, and Towns/Pekovic out of the game with hard doubles, and just make Rubio beat me. This has resulted in Rubio raining threes and twisting Kobe-esque midrange jumpers on me.

What PoE's are you using? Are you setting auto doubles on Wiggins with the defensive settings or just doing it manually each time?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I mostly played MyCareer last year but its no doubt the worst mode this time around, I am having much more fun in literally every other mode

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

2k servers are always bad, always always

I don't know how to measure ping on my ps4 but I bet it's well over 100

• Locked thread