Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

This is the best one so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

blarzgh posted:

Milenial.gif

This owns

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Rough Lobster posted:

yeah because nonwhite people don't live where it snows right

Nah what he means is that he doesn't think black people live in good neighborhoods. Professor Shark confirmed racist.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That quiet zone sounds great but it'd suck for playing ingress.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Lol at the guy posting about how its a badge of honour to know what the insides of a computer do and how playing games used to be harder. Fuk u, us cavemen used to have to light fires with sticks!

Why are so many techies and nerds luddites when it comes to other people using easier tech

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

ChesterJT posted:

Don't you feel stupid having to admit you don't know how the magic puter box works you just push buttons and stuff happens? You seem to think is a badge of honor (there's no u) to be ignorant.

I started out my career as a techie precisely because of learning that poo poo growing up, but I still think its retarded that I work with people who are doing the equivalent of "you don't know how a TV projects that image onto the screen? You loving imbecile".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

nomadologique posted:

ppl grow beards because it is a craze, not because it makes them more masculine. this is how fashion works: other people are doing it, and everybody agrees it's cool, so you do it too.

the reasons facial hair came back into fashion in the first place are probably more complex, but could be summarized as "because it wasn't cool before, which is enough to make it cool now." this is why fashion cycles about every 20 years; long enough for a thing not cool to become cool then become not cool then become cool.

The facial hair trend is weird because I went from being a hobo and unable to pick up girls, to being considered attractive/able to pick up just about anyone. Its on the decline again I think, but its been a loving wild ride. I don't understand fashion at all.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

They're all 14 and haven't found good books yet, you loving creep.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ork of Fiction posted:

Last week, I was changing out some pot lights on the front of my house, and I disturbed a nest of millennials. They started pouring out and stung me all over my neck and arms, and now I've got all these stupid tattoos on me and I can't get a job anymore. GOD DAMMIT!

I still don't understand the whole "tattoos stop you from getting jobs" thing. It's probably because I don't work in retail, but i'd say the majority of my colleagues in the past have had tattoos. Maybe it affects you if you got "oval office" tattoo'd on your face and you work in retail or something, but if you have a proper job it won't matter imo

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Are these retards not wearing a full length shirt that would cover any tattoo's to interviews anyway? Lmao

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Office sluts are great

If you get to them first

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

a starwar betamax posted:

so i dont know at what age your a millinial or whatever and who cares really but, im just glad this thread came up so we can see nerds try to use "ooohhhhhhh back in my day we had to EDIT CON-FIG FILES MAANUALLY" as their wincingly pathetic "up hill both ways" chestnut

I think the funniest part about that is that you actually still do have to edit said files manually. But that's because i'm a big nerd.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

plain blue jacket posted:

Congratulations on being slightly less revolting than your coworker

Congratulations on being saddled with washing clothes.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

plain blue jacket posted:

I have a washing machine so I don't actually have to wash anything by hand. I'd recommend you get one too as they're really useful and time saving devices.

Lol if you think "My x does the washing" means anything else than she puts it in the washing machine. Do you associate with poors or something?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

mr. mephistopheles posted:

lmfao it's literally a clothing brand targeted at college republicans

e: holy poo poo it's a treasure trove of embarrassing masculine insecurity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rapKEJtCIDE

That's incredibly self aware, which makes it pretty funny tho.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you don't think they know exactly what they look like congrats on your autism I guess :shrug:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

So you think they're making fun of the demographic they are explicitly targeting to sell poo poo to

Hey you idiot douchebro you should ironically wear this shirt of Reagan wearing an American flag bandana LOL

I mean I guess that is a really millennial thing to do so maybe

Yeah self aware humour is a thing people do because its funny and people remember it, yes.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The problem is the world does give a gently caress for some inane reason. "Oh no, people who aren't my customers are angry, better change my product for them so they can continue not buying it!"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

I have also noticed this and been afraid to point it out because racism

I have also noticed this in my day to day life.

On the shaving thing, why would you shave a napkin you can wear everyday!?!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Rough Lobster posted:

All the really short dudes I've known just got real fucken beefy and now no one says poo poo to them because the low center of gravity and massive shoulders along with their boiling rage make them excellent brawlers. If such a man chooses to grow a beard he will looking like a dwarven berserker.

The last short beefy guy I knew started a fight and the dude just sat on him :shrug:

However I will say that if you're short but not to short (5ft 7) you can still seriously pull it down if you're not a twat about it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Toadvine posted:

I know a short guy who got beefy but also spent a good portion of his gym time learning how to grapple. I wrestled him a few times and the guy was a serpent, in addition to strong.

That short guy you knew sounds ill prepared for a fight.

True but most people aren't really well prepared for a fight and anyone pretending that short people are going to make up for that in stoutness alone are going to be really disappointed when I finally realise my dream of pitting 6ft 6 wrestlers vs dwarves in a big gay wrestling match worthy of song

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

contrapants posted:

She

is

also

insufferable

Realtalk: If a girl types like a moron when i'm texting her I instantly lose all interest. gently caress off, be a normal.

he says, posting in gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Deserves it tbh everyone knows that Asians are #ffff01 and not #ffff00 lol what a racist.

but really that is pretty hosed up. Where did the term "problematic" even come from? It sounds like something you would find written on a detention slip

Not got a clue, but every time someone tells me that a joke i've said is "problematic" I just take it as confirmation that i'm funny and that i'm just talking to broken people.

• Locked thread