Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

VagueRant posted:

This is actually a pretty good point.

It's really funny to me how they discovered back in the 80s how computer use became more and more addictive the more responsive the computer became, so companies tried as hard as possible to make their devices more addictive and then more accessible for addicts, and no one bothered to say, "hey.. wait a minute. maybe we shouldn't let kids get addicted to stuff." Sort of like how they found out that refined sugar is more addictive than cocaine and every food company on the planet was like, "drat! how do I get more sugar in my food?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

You found Schmorky! GG!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

AlwaysBeSithing posted:

yea but why would you give a chinese kid your kidney, theres a lot of them its not like they're endangered

If a Chinese person needs a kidney, they just kill a political prisoner and take the kidney from them.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I was born in 1982 and there is no chance I'm a millenial. We had a training about it at work, so it must be true

They used to think only homosexual men could get AIDS... stay vigilant.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

he only wanted blond white women, and i'm guessing he only wanted a certain kind of blond white woman (maxim cover girl types)

He was a gay boy.

If you'd only bang out a girl so hot that straight girls would eat they puss, you a homosexual bruv.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

BexGu posted:

Welcome to that weird little valley that is that is the Oregon Trail Generation.

http://socialmediaweek.org/blog/2015/04/oregon-trail-generation/

Hmm... social media week dot org? Special snowflake sub-categorization.. created to sidestep blame? Hmmm.. Something is coming into focus.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

mr. mephistopheles posted:

are your eyes broken

skip @han_horan had me raising a eyebrow. Maybe Han is short for Hanna and not Hansel?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
You've never seen a preppie before? Man, those dudes would swarm like locusts around protestant schools all over. Same dudes you'd see with popped collars a decade ago.

They never stopped making those dudes.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

extra stout posted:

i think the new surprising thing is that they no longer know what twill pants, linen pants, or even a second kind of shorts are

Survival of the least-fitted.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

nomadologique posted:

lol what now you dickhead detractors what do you have to say about me, cultural outlier and social paranormal??

Here's your special snowflake trophy :smug:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

We should really get a shaking my head emojii.

Oh.. oh god..
I"ve..

*shoots self*

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I had some Millennial HVAC guys over to replace my old furnace today since I couldn't find a youtube for doing it myself. They were hardworking, courteous, and they didn't look at their phone once while I was talking to them. I think that I'm coming around on this issue.

I mean, you fags are still terrible, but these guys were okay.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Beef Turret posted:

Then how do you explain that virtually all research studies where college students were given personality tests found that narcissism is on the rise

They did the study at the wrong colleges. Should have gone to the Air Conditioner repair school at a community college. Could have found some good HVAC guys who care about jobs more than they care about phones.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

what could we call the generation after millenials, you know, the babbies who are like 1 or 2 right now

ubermillenials? postmillenials? generation Z

The name changes depending on how you prepare and cook them.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Cuddle meltdown is weird, man.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ein cooler Typ posted:

ok i need a consensus before i make plans for today

are cuddle parties cool or lame

Puritan orgies for the terminally alone?

Sounds pretty 90s college radio to me.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
"I want to meet my biological needs in the most unobtrusive way. I can't wait to be made perfect by the great machine! White savior! Brain Christ of Modern thought! Make me good! Make me pure!"

After I am dead, they will have to find someone new to put the people out of their suffering. It's gong to be a long day of work.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
People are constantly coming up to me and complementing my hare.

Because I have a rabbit! loll

This joke works better if you hear me say it.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I'm a Millenial... what do I do.

A: Look @ ur phone a bunch & be entitled all the time. Didn't u read the thread?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

uh, we're a country who has been at war for the past 14 years with a military populated almost entirely by millennials.

Q: When was the last time we declared war?

A: On December 8, 1941, President Roosevelt asked Congress for a declaration of war with Japan; on December 11 he asked for a declaration against Germany and Italy. Congress approved these and thus was war declared.

Standing around schools, protecting kids from being murdered by their own families isn't war. War is the thing where you murder everyone and burn their cities to the ground.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
You Look Like poo poo › Male fashion thread: I like to dress like an idiot clown because I'm a fat gay retard

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Last week, I was changing out some pot lights on the front of my house, and I disturbed a nest of millennials. They started pouring out and stung me all over my neck and arms, and now I've got all these stupid tattoos on me and I can't get a job anymore. GOD DAMMIT!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

a starwar betamax posted:

so i dont know at what age your a millinial or whatever and who cares really but, im just glad this thread came up so we can see nerds try to use "ooohhhhhhh back in my day we had to EDIT CON-FIG FILES MAANUALLY" as their wincingly pathetic "up hill both ways" chestnut

I think last page that someone said the only generational demographic that is tracked is baby boomers, so I think millenneals are everyone born before 1944 and after 1965? Dunno. This thread has raised a lot more questions than it has anwsered.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

nomadologique posted:

you want to know my problem with beard culture? all these dudes using beards to hide their lovely uninteresting faces

in our previous beardless culture, these faces would be known and loathed; but now they hide

they hide in the open

i have been honing my beard-piercing prowess to detect these faces even under the cover of beards

the results are disturbing

Hello! :)

We at CyberPast Interprises LLC are developing an iPhone attachment which might interest you!
It combines the technology of millimeter-wave radar and the science of frenology to tell you which people in your immediate area have a head shape that would predispose them to criminal and immoral behavior!

We're still in the pre-prototype stage, but we do have a kickstarter page which links to video clips from The Matrix!
If you would like to order in advance or just support our efforts there are many starting tiers for potential investors to choose!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

ShaqDiesel posted:

What the hell is a bronut? Why would doughnuts have a gender preference?

It has a tighter hole that you have to work a little before you can enjoy it.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

2 think this young tike grew up 2 becom a god

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Tattoo removal is a booming business in Portland as people realize that they're never going to be poet laureate.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Drinkin' With Those Sikhs?

Reality show Pitch. A group of 7-15 Sikhs go around to different cities getting drunk and exploring the night life. Sikh and Destroy. Maybe FX would bite?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

gently caress the ROW posted:

the way the white girl raises her hand and yells "I SAID PERSON OF COLOR" was the best part, like she should get a prize for it or something

We've gone through 6 new-hires in the past 2 months at my work. All but one of them have been 20-something white girls w/ rainbow hair, granny glasses or a lovely undercut, and all of those have quit because they "feel unsafe" around the "street people" that wash in.
Well, that's my millennial update.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

That's to teach the kid how to get to the bleach under the sink, right?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

joedevola posted:

Every time I read about one of these tech sociopaths all I can think of is AL Swerengen considering "...that may be cause for cutting some throats"

I mean, violence never solved anything. But I live in Belfast, and there's no bailiffs in Belfast, and that's mostly because the IRA made a point of shooting them back in the seventies.

I suppose homeless people don't have guns though.

Put a rifle in a home bums hands, and they would sell it for hooch then ask you for another rifle next week.

If they had the sand or the sense to organize like that, they wouldn't be homeless.

But what do I know. Maybe Putin will enter next years SF Disrupt contest w/ an new geolocation concept aimed at putting Mosins into the hands of the poor and desperate. A sort of crowsourced flashmob for bayoneting executives? Private armies could really revolutionize the way people do business.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

symbolic posted:

it's kind of weird to think about stuff like this, and i think about it often. i was born in '97 so;

- i don't remember a world with the twin towers
- i don't remember a world without overzealous airport security
- i don't remember a world without computers being commonplace
- i don't remember a world without wars on terrorism

it's surreal

When you watch a movie and someone is smoking a cigarette inside a building, that must blow your mind.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

NESguerilla posted:

You can 90% thank boardwalk empire for that haircut.
Pictured: Ragnar the Red, from Boardwalk Empire

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

reallivedinosaur posted:

I think people would eventually migrate to the better bulbs on their own and the government mandating it has more to do with GE rent seeking than environmental policy.

The real revolution of LED lighting is that anybody can grow weed at home without 300 watt traditional "grow lights".

For months after weed went legal around here there were brown outs from all the goofs running sodium lamps. Thank gently caress they wised up and figured out you can get it cheaper from the store.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

p sure they changed it to Keep Austin White

So Portland and Austin just swapped their slogans, got it.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Houle posted:

So people like to work for companies they recognize and use. What are the gen x approved jobs to have as dreamjobs?

Maybe that park service thing where you live in a big tower in the middle of the forest and look out for fires, but mostly just drink yourself to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Imagine thinking that you have to explain having sex w/ animals, to a Syrian. lol

• Locked thread