Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was on the bus the other day when a guy rolled by on his hoverboard. This old Chinese lady sitting in front of me couldn't stop staring at him. I wonder what her crazy old Chinese lady mind was thinking.

Also for some reason I've only seen black people on hoverboards and only white people on segways. Coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That truck picture is so Atlanta.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wait are chia seeds really a scam? I put those things in my cereal every morning.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Wiki: "Although preliminary research indicates potential health benefits from consuming chia seeds, this work remains sparse and inconclusive.[16]"

Given that seeds are designed not to be digested and most of the sites that I see that are hyping the benefits are also the ones selling them I am a bit skeptical

Seeds are a major food source, so I don't think that automatically discounts anything. Usually we prepare them somehow though by removing the seed coat or cooking them.

I've always been skeptical of the claim that they're some sort of a miracle cure (because nothing ever is), but they are a good source of fiber, and I'm assuming chewing might help with the digestion process. I've never heard of people drinking them in their water though. That sounds dumb.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Decrepus posted:

In all of human history your ancestors were too dumb to eat this miraculous thing but you can eat it for just $9 act now.

South Americans ate chia seeds as a regular food until the Spanish stopped them because the Spanish were really dumb.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That isn't a burger, it's a meat sandwich

Seriously, who above the age of ten orders a burger with only meat, cheese, and bread

Nick Solares, meat expert.

I wonder what he would say to Michele Samarya-Timm, meat safety expert, about that rare burger. This lady goes around to restaurants ordering 55-degree burgers and then gets upset when the line cook doesn't know what she's talking about.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

JB50 posted:

I looked at the article and I think you meant 155, right?

yeah

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think that's your fault for ordering a combination bbq hamburger though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My grandfather actually did the stereotypical "walk in, tell them they need you, and they'll have to hire you" thing that you hear about all the time.

He got a job as a traveling salesman even though he didn't have a license, didn't own a car, and had never even driven a car. He went out and got a license and a car after the interview and started the job the next day. He managed to support a family of 6, own two houses, pay for a full-time nanny, and retire comfortably off of that single job.

Millennials are so lazy goddamn.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I feel very comfortable calling bullshit on that advice because I actually followed it when I first started looking for work. That was what everyone told me to do, and I really wanted a loving job.

I never got a job out of it obviously because the whole idea is retarded.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

"Just be a plumber" isn't really great advice. The boom in unemployable liberal arts kids is partially the result of people trying to avoid a lifetime of nasty, physically demanding labor.

There are better career paths in trade schools anyway.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My dad was an HVAC technician. He made pretty good money, and he could fix things for family and friends, but he worked long hours and had to be on-call during the holidays in case the mills had heating problems. He also ended up with a few debilitating injuries and had to go through years of legal disputes for workers comp. A few of his coworkers died over the years because climbing buildings, working on a rooftop in the hot sun, and dealing with electrical systems are dangerous things to have to do every day at your job.

Someone has to do those things, and they deserve respect and a decent wage for it, but it's not the one simple solution to unemployed millennials.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I love sluts

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Stinky_Pete posted:

Why would she enjoy a playwright who perpetuates gender roles?

All the female roles in Shakespeare's plays were acted by men. Duh.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

JB50 posted:

Wanna meet dat mom doe!!!!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That haircut is very 2005.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's an easy way to send pictures and videos to people.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Darth123123 posted:

How is it easier than a txt or any other non sex oriented app??

We communicate with pictures now. People take them constantly, and most of them are disposable. You could either A) take a picture, open texting app, tell it to add the picture, send the picture, and then go back and delete your copy of the picture (because it was just a silly picture of your dog or something)... or B) Take a picture in snapchat and tell it who you want to share it with.

People still use their regular camera app or instagram for pictures worth looking at more than once.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wonder what it's like to really buy into corporate culture and get pumped up about work conferences and buzzwords and stuff.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I can't remember the last time I had a regular Budweiser. Bud Light is bad though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Well what do you want to talk about?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Tiny houses are just trailers for rich people.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Most of my older cousins are Gen X and they're all hitting the divorce phase right now so holidays are really loving annoying and I can't keep track of all these new step-kids.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

:confused: you really think being a plumber or a dude who works on A/C units is going to have really hosed up health vs some office monkey sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day who is probably doughy anyway? Do you worry about your eye/posture health for being on the computer most of the day?

My dad was an HVAC technician and came out of it with severe wrist damage that he had to sue his employer over for workers comp. A few of his coworkers died from electrical things and falling off of high ladders.

Probably about as bad as sitting at a desk, yeah.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

naem posted:

That sounds way better than an unpaid internship for experience and limitless ps4 at my parents place while the economy struggles

My current millennial experience is working two jobs and going to grad school full time. My mom's great but I'm glad I don't have to live with her.

Also I don't have a ps4 so that sucks.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

Oh my God where are you finding this millennial gold?

Apparently you can just click on any random indiegogo.

Like this one

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ferrofluid-a-symbol-of-the-future#/

"Magnetic liquid is this really strange thing that my previous understanding of science led me to believe wasn't possible. But then there it is right there in front of me, daring me to question those assumptions that previously led me to doubt its possibilities. And to me, that's powerful."

I actually want one of those on my desk though tbh..

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Can we get a "girl whining about stupid poo poo" emoji in here?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

http://www.capsulamundi.it/en/

or you could just die and plant a bunch of trees for less money, but in a less instagrammable way.

Is the pod hollow other than the body inside? I'm taking a class on tree planting, and this idea looks retarded.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah honestly the global distribution of bananas is a modern marvel.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's easy to laugh at broke millennials' spending habits, but young people just watched the global economy tank and are still having trouble finding good jobs. If that unemployed girl wants to eat fancy takeout and get her hair done then great I'm glad she's enjoying her life.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

um, practically every emoji is for women. There are pages of hearts, tiny animals, and fashion accessories.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Where my boner emoji? I've been putting up with this eggplant poo poo for too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm fine with beards going out of style even though I have one. I'm like Doug in that episode where everyone else started wearing his lame green vest.

• Locked thread