Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Polsy posted:

It's actually really surprising to me that SIF just has a static background, I don't think I've played any rhythm game where that's the case. That said I have an iPhone 6 and the full effects mode still lags occasionally for half a second which is far too much for a rhythm game, so I'm thinking about turning it down.

Deemo has a static background. I guess DJmax and DDR aren't static, but they're basically notes in front of a music video/dancing though. I turn off the effects just because Promotion UR Eli messed me up too many times when she does her skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Alright. I'll spend a bunch of my lp playing some B-side hard charts. If I end up failing out a bunch whatever; wont get better if you dont yolo a bit.

What I've found with rhythm games is if you try and fail hard songs a lot, and then go back to normal songs, you'll find the normal songs really easy.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

squidflakes posted:

God dammit. I wish I'd known. I've been saving up my gems and was really hoping to get the Nozomi UR.

I got this instead.

Since this is my only SR and my strongest card she's on every loving team. The effect goes off all the god drat time, which is cool, but I have to deal with THAT sliding across my screen at regular intervals.

Yeah, I turned it off when my promotional UR Eli kept popping with her big water effect which made seeing notes really hard.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

goddamn, Nico Puri on Normal is as hard as the Hard songs I've unlocked so far

I wanna say that B-side Normals are basically as difficult as Single Hards, and B-side Hards are as difficult as Single Experts.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This Nozomi card always makes me laugh whenever I see it pop up.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I have recently started playing all the Expert songs and I am not a fan of the speed of the charts. I'll get used to it, it's just a little silly at first go to sight read at that speed.

Well, the nice thing about it is now Hard songs will now feel like a manageable medium speed. I haven't attempted the B-side daily Experts that much though, since they're really fast and a lot of notes.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

My teams must be so weak. I play hard songs for the event and just get rekt. I can FC a song and still get third by like 9k points. I know I don't have the best girls yet but jesus lol

Either that or there's some secret I don't know

I bit the bullet and jumped into the Japanese version of SIF so I'm in the same boat as you now. Forgot about the early days when all you had was randoms so you barely scored a C while FC-ing songs. I was swimming in a lot of friend points though from S-comboing everything though, so that was nice. Eventually pulled 10 Rs from that alone, though only Rin is idolized. Also wow, Japanese version has a lot of neat stuff that makes thing easier in keeping track of who you've bonded. Also 8 teams which is convenient. But yeah, score wise, you just need a lot of 5*+ girls since that just adds up a lot.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I pulled and got in the the JP version.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well the upside other than being a really good card is I just find this really funny.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I managed to get Eli without spending anything either, just kept playing repeatedly.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I made the mistake of upgrading to iOS9 again, and now have a hard time getting into the Japanese version of SIF. The weird part is the English version fixed that bug, so I assumed the Japanese version did too. Can't downgrade anymore either since Apple stopped signing it. Well, hopefully they'll patch it soon, or I upgrade my phone, since it seems to be a 4s specific issue.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Leos Klein posted:

Created my Japanese love live account on Sunday and was able to grind out 150 love gems and 5 blue tickets and all I got was 5 super rares :negative:
How the hell do some people get those ridiculous pulls with multiple ultra rares and super rares??

Oh and what's this shop menu with gold silver and red badges? do you trade in your unwanted idols for the ones you want?

I have really good luck with gatcha games. And yeah, the seal shop is how Zepia described it. An idolized version will get you 2 seals, but promo cards don't give you anything. You can also buy tickets and idols with seals.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

But my brain and hands still completely refuse to do this part of Soldier Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pJYw9oV-Bc&t=0m58s

It's ok, that part always messes me up too, as well as whenever it pops up in other songs.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Man, it didn't even occur to me that EN might not have a guaranteed SR.

Balls.

That sucks, sorry about your bad roll.

I think one of the options is an always guaranteed SR/UR now, but yeah the recommendation before was to wait for the period between events to do a 11-pull in the EN version.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Got my new phone! It's a lot bigger so might have to switch from thumbs to fingers now since the 4s is tiny in comparison to 6s. Well, at least I have access to the JPN version again with game center Honoka.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Still makes me laugh.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

pandaK posted:

13th 10-pull, still no SSR. My journey still continues...

You mean UR I assume.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Ah right, starlight stage. Guess I should try that soon now that my new phone can handle it fine...

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I played at some point last year, and then dropped it, then started it again beginning of summer of this year, I think. Now at Rank 69 and have only just started being able to actually get the event SRs. I do have decent luck with the gatcha though since I have two URs and a bunch of SRs. Also my inventory space is finally getting emptied out due to maxing out levels and bonds for a bunch of Ns so that's been pretty nice. Also means I won't get as many loveca now so I can only hope the english version gets dailies at some point. My Jpn account has been doing well too, though all my teams still need leveling up since they still can't score A-rank yet for any hard songs. Gatcha keeps giving me Rin in JPN though.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 20, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm getting the impression that Namco Bandai has really really really low drop rates for their ultra-rares in all their gatcha games.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Another 11-pull, another Rin.

Still haven't gotten any Pure cards from pulling though so my pure team is still made up of Rs. I'm pretty much set Cool-wise though.

EDIT: The UR is Lady Nozomi. Awful App wouldn't upload the pic for whatever reason.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 2, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Oh really? I had dropped to hard specifically so I could FC everything rather than deal with my scrub-tier B combos on expert songs. It's actually better to do the expert ones and spend some G to make up for the lack of score?

If you can score a B naturally in an expert song, regardless of your combo, you're making about the same number of points as a S-ranked hard song, if not more. It gets slightly more complicated when you account for number of songs since 3 perfect hard songs is better than one B-ranked expert song, but increase your score or number of EX songs and then it's about the same or better.

Just look at the chart at the bottom if you want the specifics.
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay

Allarion fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 9, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Revolver Bunker posted:

I've tried but can never get enough points to get near there.

I've started getting event SRs the last few months. It's basically just consistently using your stamina all the time and focusing on the songs you can naturally S-rank score in, FC being a bonus. It gets easier once you have more SRs and URs since it lets you focus on higher difficulties which gets you more points.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

graybook posted:

OKAY MOTHERFUCKERS T1 HERE I COME
GONNA DROP 35-50 LOVECA FOR BEST GIRL

edit.

:laffo:

Unless you have lovely luck and you've failed to get a single UR after multiple 11-pulls, I guess. In any case, I'm still somewhat surprised that my JPN account has basically caught up to my ENG account within 2 months and has more URs. Technically they're all Cool, while my ENG account is a Pure and a Cool, but I'll take what I can get.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I got Rin last night, and am halfway through on getting Nico now. I am only hindered by the fact that I cannot play at work.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also my JPN account has basically caught up with my ENG account now. Kinda weird to unlock Loveless World again after just unlocking it a few days ago.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Started the new year full comboing soldier game on hard. Now to just FC anemone heart and mermaid festa 2, and I can just focus on EX songs. There's probably some other hard dailies I'm forgetting, but I'm happy.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Nico get!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Sunny Day Song is fun, because, while I know I've gotten better at this game, SDS makes me feel it. Bunch of notes go by, I don't know what just happened, but my combo's still going, so good enough! Not that I've FC'd it.

Sunny Day Song always gets me hyped. I've yet to get a high combo in it though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Anemone Heart Hard FC'd! That's all B-Side hard songs (that are currently available today) finally FC'd (in the Japanese version)! Now I can fully focus on EX versions of songs!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Nawatobi excepted, of course. Then again, I used to think the same for B-Side Hard songs, and later EX, so who knows.

Honestly, the B-Side Hard songs aren't too bad for the most part. They just always have one little section that'll throw me off securing me a B-combo, or they have a bunch of hold notes that are slightly out of sync with each other. Haven't tried the EX versions too much other than to complete them for a loveca, so my only impression of them is that they're really fast, and having lots of healing idols help.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Another lunch break down, another 2 missed FC's. First one I got a bad on a dropped spotlight and second one I didn't brain properly. MY EFFORTS ARE FUTILE.

On the other hand I'm stashing tokens for the EX event song so I can jam out the SR Honoka in a couple days.

Same, only I'm failing to C-combo Soldier Game EX and the other daily since I managed to FC'd Dancing Stars on Me a couple of days ago. It was always the fast pairs of notes in the middle of Dancing Stars that always got me since I'd keep just miss timing on them by a bit, or my thumb would flub a note. The worst was when I'd clear them, only to flub some easy note afterwards.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Powerful Garage is pretty good, though Chu's Day amuses me too as a pun.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

Alright, thanks.

Different game question:
in starlight stage, what is the speed thing you can change? Is it like a practice mode in guitar hero where it slows down the song?

How does it work?

It changes the speed at which the notes come down. The pros of speeding it up is that notes are more spaced apart, so dense sections aren't as confusing. It might be harder to catch notes if you're not used to it though. Just pick a speed you're comfortable with.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Please remember, friends: there is not always a guaranteed SR in SIF.

I just wanted fairy Nico :negative:

A cautionary tale in making sure it's marked with 11-pulls gets you a SR before you pull. Course, I don't think the guaranteed pool has fairy Nico though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Eli and Nozomi get! Now to idle around till the next events since I've yet to tier in these events.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

there is literally no worse feeling on earth than when you're going for a Full Combo but mess up a note really early on, and know you're gonna have to finish the song anyway

Well there's almost getting a FC only to miss the last note. I had both happen to me today anyways. Still haven't FC'd Sunny Day Song, but did get Storm in Lover.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Skwee posted:

i accidentally spent 1 star gem in starlight stage, so now i will forever be stuck with a 1 off from gacha until i earn another 25, or 50 or w/e. Unless there is a way to earn single stars.

Or I could spend like 24 of them somehow. I dont even remember what I accidentally was able to spend a single one on.

I think there was a room item that used up 1 gem. Well, started up Starlight Stage again since I was bored, played a bunch and did my first 10-pull. Got baseball idol as my first SR. Rina also dropped for me from the event too, so I'm 2 SRs ahead already!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh right also my room has a jukebox and there are these songs that require 5k gold? Is that for a single play or do I get to use it permanently after buying it?

Permanent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The end of love and life as we no it.

Accept Aquors to live and love again.