Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Jesus... what an awesome pull!

Are there any good ways of getting love gems besides buying them or hoping maintenance goes awry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Get As & Ss on Hard & Expert daily songs for both score and combo.

Awesome, thank you!

I've only been playing for a couple of weeks, what are daily songs?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

They are significantly harder than normal songs of their difficulty level!

Hahahaha, holy poo poo. I tried one on Hard... my god.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Soldier Game is infamous.

That's the one I tried. At this point I have no idea how that's even possible.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

If you're a thumbs player, I'd advise retraining yourself to use your fingers.

I started out with fingers but moved to thumbs because it was more comfortable to hold the phone.

How many fingers do you use? I figured the button placement was to encourage you to use four fingers on either side.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm not sure how long this game has been out, but do you know if the Halloween costume SRs were from an event? If so, do they re-run holiday events like that?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
In addition to the event running in SIF, there also seems to be something special going on with scouting tomorrow. The text says something to the effect of an SR member or above being guaranteed every time you do an 11 pack.

However, it also says only specific members are available during this period but when I looked at the list it seemed to be the same world-wide list you always scout from, so...

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Ahh, the limited scouting is for the second years only.

Eh. I hope they do one for the third years.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I'd like to do that thing you said.

My LLSIF ID is: 901924162

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

If you want to be friends, let me know so that I can make room for you.

All of my cards are still pretty low level, would that be a problem?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Yeah, the animal SRs, while cute, are the weakest SRs. Go for it only if you already have some of the featured cards and are looking to idolize.

God dammit. I wish I'd known. I've been saving up my gems and was really hoping to get the Nozomi UR.

I got this instead.

Since this is my only SR and my strongest card she's on every loving team. The effect goes off all the god drat time, which is cool, but I have to deal with THAT sliding across my screen at regular intervals.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I... wasn't aware and now suddenly the game seems much easier.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Being that I'm total trash, I ended up staying up till 2am last night trying to get that loving Umi card from the event.

I got the loving Umi card for a grand total of two SRs, but now I'm chugging cheap lovely coffee and trying to stay awake through some sort of meeting or another.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I'm pretty ok with taking 10 days of really paying attention to the game in exchange for Literal Rice Queen Hanayo.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I really wish you could just play loveca and buy certain cards. I'd love to get the Halloween Nozomi, but gently caress. In five 50 gem pulls I've managed to only ever get SRs because of the guarantee, so I can only imagine how much it would take to just get a whatever percentage chance that you might get one of several URs on offer.

I say this, and yet I can't stand games that let you buy your way to success. Apparently I've got a bad case of the waifus.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

graybook posted:

I want to say that it took me at least ten 10+1s to get my first non-welfare UR. Still a 1% chance to pull at all.
Still a bit luckier than a couple of my friends on another forum who had been playing since launch and took at least a year and change each to draw their first UR.

I'm curious if they use the same seed for the RNG when you do a 10 pull. If so, you'd have a more actually random chance by doing one draw at a time.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

John McClane posted:

so is it possible to get rin if I'm literally not good enough to beat hard mode without burning a love gem

I don't think so. Even after I got to the point where I was getting S ranks on the hards I still had to burn a few gems refilling my LPs to get Rice Queen Hanayo.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I'm probably not even going to get the Run card from the current EN event.

Me either and I don't feel like pushing it. For some reason, all of my SRs lately have been either Rin or Hanayo. I just counted and over half of my SRs are Rin or Hanayo.

Also, I finally pulled my first UR... while checking out the one scouting ticket supporting members thing. I got Honoka's mom... who I apparently need yet another UR to actually use. Thanks SIF.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Anyone know what the prize card for the upcoming Score Match will be?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Holy poo poo, that site is amazing.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
The ones that really trip me up are the short spotlights in Wild Stars. Timing the release on those kills me.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Consider: if you regular pull, you might get Hanayo, while a BiBi pull increases your chances of being blessed with Nico.

Hanayo ain't so bad. I also refuse to consider that I may have some form of waifu Stockholm Syndrome due to the number of SR Hanayo cards I've been blessed with.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

ChubbyThePhat posted:

SR Eli get. I spent one love gem this morning because I wasn't sure, but turned out I didn't have to. Also did not have to wake up at 3am to play. We did it boom :hfive:

Same. I ended up spending one gem a couple of days ago because I was right on the cusp of another level and managed to get 9 hard and 3 normal plays all at once. Turns out I didn't need to do it, but hey, that 750 extra friend points were nice.

Since the next event is a Nozomi event, I seriously have to consider dropping some gems and seeing if I can actually tier.

graybook posted:

What happened to the good old days when we could all agree on hating Nico?

I can't even imagine what her Nico-Nico-Malpractice Insurance Payments are like.

squidflakes fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 5, 2015

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Normal practice. Feed idol A idol B with the same exact skill as A with at least as high a level in it as A has, and it'll level up guaranteed. If B has a lower skill level, it has a chance to level up, but might not. You still get xp, of course.

Does that work for Leader Skills as well?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

halokiller posted:

I'm so close to FCing Soldier Game Expert but my thumbs always tire out near the end with all the double taps. Yes, I intend to FC this song thumbs only! :v:

My friend is a thumbs only player who's FC'd most if not all of the EX songs. However, she's got a tiny iphone and super tiny thumbs so that might have something to do with it.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
My pure team has a couple of SRs but is otherwise Rs which makes it really hard to get S rank on some of the pure B-side songs. One of the many reasons I'm glad this event is a Nozomi event.

squidflakes fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 13, 2015

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I just got the event Nozomi because I am utter trash.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

boom boom boom posted:

did you spend loveca?

I did, but I've only spent 4 more than I've gotten from the event.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Quite possibly the worst ninja.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I just feel like Meatball Sandwich would have a hard time keeping quiet.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Why are you taking German math from a ninja?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Are the event rankings not updating for anyone else?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Looks like the event ranking issue is fixed, and KLab is sending us a loveca for our troubles.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yeah, that's some good stuff. You do you, and the rest of Muse, Nozomi.

Also, the greeting text for Fairy Nozomi is hilariously bad.

squidflakes fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 18, 2015

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
This will be my first MedFest, what is G used for?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I pulled my first actual UR, and true to my experience in the game so far, it was Hanayo. The Stockholm Syndrome is real.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Ryand-Smith posted:

How do you all advance so much.

Time.

I've been playing since early August and I'm rank 69. The only reason I have any amount of SRs is because I put a lot of effort in to idolizing the N girls and farming them for love stones. Plus, I got drunk one night and bought an 11 pull.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

boom boom boom posted:

Maybe they don't want to start the Christmas even on Thanksgiving.

gently caress, its like they aren't even American.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Any idea what's going to happen to LL:SIF after they stop touring and such? Have there been any announcements on the JP side about an End of Life date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I'm a bit confused on MedFest. So, after you get your songs done and the letter grades flip over, are the bronze, silver, and gold awards representative of the girl on the other side? If a gold award turns up, will there be a better level character attached?

Also, are they random? I got an S for score and it still turned over a bronze award. I figured the award was tied to the letter grade.