Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
On one hand my Eli-Rin bday scouts on EN and JP = 11 scouts and no URs.

Otoh when I had like 4 µ's SR+ and 1 SSR+ a few weeks ago I got 3 URs out of it.

On the third hand I just found out they are doing Step-Up first year µ's scouting and my EN account has like no gems on it because Eli & Rin birthdays and basically probably gently caress my wallet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Saving so much for Halloween Kanan when she hits WW

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

So I am a Kanan fan and while I am saving red tickets etc en masse for Halloween Kanan because Scorer I thought I'd at least make a play for Circus.

Green ticket 1 -> Circus Mari
Scout 11 1 -> Time Travel Riko / Zura, Christmas Dia
Green Ticket 2 -> Circus You
Scout 11 2 -> Beach Kanan, Circus Maru

Now I have Time Zura & Christmas Dia, but the others are all new so not unhappy.

And I say, oh what the heck I'll try for SR+

It's not the one I was after, buuuut I now have every Dia UR released so far on EN.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Allarion posted:

Congrats, also die

My first idol related death wish :allears:

Here's to many more~

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

I hate you Step-Up box from a week ago for taking 120 gems.

But you gave me another Angel Riko which means another UR seal and I'll probably boost her a bit before feeding her to my main Angel to get SL3 or 4 on her for PL teams. So. Yay.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Zenostein posted:

Does powerplay now mean "get murdered by some otaku?"

Just don't taiga and you'll be fine!!!

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

So how has Ultra-Rare-Mas been going for everyone? I'm at 9 URs since last night because I burned my Halloween Kanan stock as the rate up is too nuts to pass up, and well, 9 URs in 11 Scout 11s is crazy.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

graybook posted:

My buddy was just at MAGFest and from his reports there was at least one vendor with nesos, but nothing he really was looking to buy. He did snap our group that he got a little practice outfit Maki plush though.

SennyYak, adding you and also putting you on the OP list.

There was. They 100% had Chika, Mari, and Kanan and then I want to say Dia, Ruby, and Hanamaru; I know they didn't have You because I would have gotten her with Mari.

But Kanan has her GF now so all is well. Overall Magfest didn't have much in way of LL (Unsurpsiring), with there being like 2 vendors who had figures, and one who was selling the PSVita games for $80 each.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

So random thing, but if you can pass Psychic Fire SIF AC version on JP? It gives full XP. So you can 4x it and effectively grind XP at 5 times the efficiency right now. No treasure boxes, but still if you want to level up for any reason (Like say, so you can sleep longer and not waste LP, or more efficiently tier events) then this is kind of insane.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Well, 16 days till I guess I find out if I am spending a ton of money to head off to Moonland and watch Aqours live again. And if not, then I wait till round 2, and if that fails, then that's the signal to wait till 4L.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Good luck! This the Awaken the Power balloting? Or some other CD? I don't know how this all works.

What I do know is that a LL friend of mine who lives in Jersey just got back from Japan (complete with trip to Numazu for the pilgrimage, and a couple days at Winter Comiket) last month with 4 copies of Awaken the Power, to ballot for the Hakodate Unit Festival.

I hope your friend has prepped for the other steps - I'm going for Saitama Day 1 to start (As 3rd Live is tied to the Season 2 BDs).

Now to actually go? Well, first of course you need your codes. Then you need an Eplus account to enter those codes. Eplus requires a verified Japanese SMS number, so you need someone who has a valid JP SMS to verify your account. Then you enter codes and if you win, yay! Except now you need to pay for them, which either means a Japanese credit card (Hah!) or someone in Japan paying for you at a convenience store.

So you do that, right, all done? Nope! Now you wait until ~2 weeks pre-concert when you find out what seats you get, and you do that by having the tickets printed out at another convenience store (Or some stuff with Tenso, but that's even more complicated!) and after all that, yay, you are set, assuming that your name is the one on the tickets so you can pass the ID check.

Of course, all that is predicated on winning in the first place, and the odds of that aren't exactly phenomenal either. Like I honestly don't expect to win and I'm not sure if failing will be more relief or sadness. Cause if I fail, at least I tried versus not trying at all.

But if I win, welp, that means I have a solo trip abroad to put together which is a different level of intimidating.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Finally, Doing Your Best is Painful is over. I think that's the biggest bloodbath in SIF WW history, even moreso than Umi event.

...I got tier 1 on it.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

nielsm posted:

Still a few hours left to grind out on the Let's Play campaign songs though.

Oh I know I ground out another level because hey, level 220 just wasn't enough!

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Still waiting for adorable Kanan art flood! Alas!

Also is there a permanent invite for the Discord? I'm bad at checking this more than 1-2 times/week and it keeps expiring when I see it posted!

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

If you want any goods from Aqours 3rd live, the 2nd round of ordering is open! Of course, you need to either have a Tenso address or go through their way of foreign shipping, buuuut: There should be a way to order foreign through here or just order to your Tenso!

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Hate-Senpai posted:

I DON'T NEED THAT I NEED THE SECOND ROUND OF ORDERING FOR SAINT SNOW PRESENTS AQOURS LIKE OH MY GOD I NEED MY 11 COLOR GLOWSTICK.

Fun as Leah/Sarah colors would be I can live without that. Though if you know anyone they might be able to buy you Hakodate penlight on sight.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Every time I see a UR used here to idolize instead of use it to practice and get a UR seal and eventually SSR idolize I get sad!

It's me. I am the minmax whale.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

nielsm posted:

The thing that kills my suspension of disbelief the most is that you never see Maki/Riko wrestling with synthesizer/sequencer/mastering issues, or even just enlisting the help of the band/keion club. No it's spend days at the piano coming up with a basic melody, then magically get a fully formed backing track from that in a few hours at most??

I want a manga with Ruby/Maru/Yohane starting their second year at the Numazu school, joining the preexisting idol study club, and forming a new group, getting help from lots of senpais and kouhais in various other clubs. Some of those could be the normie-cards from SIF.
Is All Stars going to be something like that?

Honoka became the master of Time and Space, and her chosen Idols thus have all the time to inspire themselves

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

DVs for the US are on the 30th and 1st FYI, for Saitama D1.

D1 was pretty awesome in person so even though I was there I'll probably go to the DV.

And then be at AX 3 days later.

Idol Heaven & Hell are real and you exist there simultaneously. But hey, I came home with a jillion new nesos.

...It's a really weird feeling seeing animation from LL now and going 'Oh yea! That place, I've been there!' Especially Awashima. Holy poo poo that place was nice.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Also, an earthquake hits Osaka the day after Aqours does their show there last weekend... Terrible timing, shame about the injuries and deaths and property damage there...

Yea...that earthquake was an experience. Like in the moment I didn't think it was that bad...until all the trains were down, and it took half the day to get to the Shinkansen station. The deaths just really made it that much more saddening, because had nobody died it would be a fun story to tell, but instead it's...yea. That poor kid :(

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Ow, first Yurishii and now this. Poor Roselia :(

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

graybook posted:

I loved that she made note of the full group Roselia cosplay on stage right. Just wish I had been carrying my kingblades to wota along, but I am sore from Aqours and otaquest last night.

Oh yea! My friend is the Rinko in that group. They double-died since most of them managed to get autograph tickets Friday (The one day it wasn't completely insane because they added an extra 30 with no warning).

Speaking of which I should get my signboard out and set it somewhere safe. With all the camping I did for that, definitely don't want it getting damaged.

And then I did it again the next day because there was small girl who really wanted one and was desperately trying to find someone to sell her their ticket, and well, I guess I wanted to do something nice.

The crazy bit was hearing people offering $500 for the autograph vouchers. I don't doubt it given idol signatures are notoriously hard to get, but still, crazy.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Whale fes fes fes

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

Poor Dia, so far from her beloved Eli-senpai.

Dia was always more of a Nico, but everyone latches onto student council President because it's her surface level.

Like the most interesting thing in this promo image is it heavily hinting at who the staff see as the rough equivalents of each other - Because Honk/Chika, Rin/Maru, and Ruby/Pana have been well, well established already.

The fact the 2nd years are in a blob further cements that to me, because that was always the part that I stumbled on.

Maki-Mari and Nozo-Yoha is a small surprise - I normally had Mari more Nozomi - but I can see those associations too and they work pretty much as well.

And Kanan-Eli is obvious and has long been obvious but most people don't see it, despite them literally having the same primary motivation in Season 1 of "A past incident haunts me to such a degree I am trying to stay closed off and not risk getting hurt again' and occupying similar roles in the group of the responsible role model whose not super uptight once she opens up (Unlike Umi/Dia who are the uptight responsible ones)

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

I definitely need to get SnowHala NozEli Nesos next month.

Meanwhile, in SIF, RIP the 41 red tickets it took to get BokuHika Eli.

The nightmare was real. It started so well with a Nozo, then it was 1 more Nozo & 4 drat Nico before Eli came home. Much sadness ensued.

Otoh a few weeks ago I did a top 10 in the Hello Happy World DJ Bad Bear Event. That was exhausting, but fun

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Oh, hey, since not posted in thread - Foreigner Package is a go again:

http://entame.knt.co.jp/tour/2019/06/lovelive5th/en/

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH poo poo JUST GOT REAL HUH.

Guess Starlight Revue is the Madoka Magica of idol anime.

Fuckin' time loop shenanigans.

Anyways Banana is top-tier.

No vocals for the ED.

Banana constantly trying to get close to Hikari is now explained.

I checked this thread today, saw your first post, and just began scrolling with an amused grin waiting for this episode, thank you for delivering

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

GhostStalker posted:

The only reason I’m still playing Revue right now is because of the Love Live Sunshine crossover. I fully expect to drop it again after the event ends as I hate the event grind and have no interest in pulling for PVP meta reasons. Just gonna let my account sit there and accumulate Stars from eventual logins when I get a birthday push message prompt or something like that. At least I pulled School Idol Nana real quick, I wish I could say the same about Junna.

From 9 months later Revue pulled me in with Sakura Wars collab and PVP is fun now??? its interesting

Still unbalanced as hell but less frustratingly so

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Season 2 cuts out all the molestation jokes with the Coach which helps the show out greatly

I at least always appreciate the show being acutely aware that were it not anime, horse girl kicks would kill people.

But I'm also most addicted to the game where its just endless cuteness and racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Superstar Season 2 has gone so gay and I love it for that