Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

sincx posted:

Someone please get rid of this ad:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/goonbas/9/8/7805.0002.gif

I rather not be constantly reminded of forum drama when browsing.

Arrhythmia posted:

drat I guess that rando wasn't lying about filing a FOIA request

therobit posted:

Came here to post this after posting a thread in QCS like a dumb dumb.

It's kind of nuts that we don't have any sort of front-end vetting for ads.

Clawtopsy posted:

came here to post about the lowtax ad, daaaaamn

Arrhythmia posted:

They bought another one.

qnqnx posted:

As long they can freely chargeback the ad costs, they will keep doing it.

KoRMaK posted:

you wouldnt want to know if the head of the forums was potentially a domestic abuser?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Out of morbid curiosity, since the second ad linked to a less sketchy-looking URL, I went ahead and read through what it contains. And I honestly don't see how it is damning evidence of anything other than the local investigator who wrote most of the entries being an abject embarrassment. Whoever is buying these things seems to be taking a really dumb "CHECKMATE ATHESITS!" approach to it, and it simply doesn't contain anything like what they seem to think it does.

Goons Are Great posted:

Yeah, it really much isn't anything worse than what Lowtax already said, it's just a regular two sides tell different stories thing collected by the police and not really any evidence or whatever.

Either way, an ad to embarrass the site owner seems dumb, trying to make more people get into this stuff is even worse and it certainly has no value.

Fayez Butts posted:

I can't believe lowtax doesn't want goons to discuss in depth his failed marriage

Bundy posted:

From what I can tell, it's the full doc of the incident report lowtax posted the header for in his gbs thread as a triumphant "if I was the bad guy why does this exist" post. Given the contents of the pdf in the ad, if it's genuine, it's not quite the ah ha exoneration it was claimed to be originally. Nevertheless, as pointed out it's just confirmation of he said/she said, with language heavily slanted against lowtax (thus no doubt why the ad was bought).

Yet he opened a whole thread on the subject in GBS. I am shocked it has become a hot topic. :thunk:

thanks for making this the best place to post on the internet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

that ad was the "wake up youre in a coma and this is the only way we can reach you" of the forums, and a bunch of people didn't want to see it

another case study in how abusers get protected

you did the right thing

I, a coward, merely shittalked lowtax on twitter (read: the void)