Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Testekill posted:

No one tops the Bulldogs having Wheels from Degrassi as a celebrity fan.

Abba for Carlton was good.

Hawks lost Friday, Swans lost Saturday, Tigers lost Sunday, Abbott loses Monday? Please make my week.

Edit:

Blues have signed an American.
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/carlton/news/2015-09-14/blues-sign-korcheck

quote:

The Carlton Football Club has signed US basketballer Matt Korcheck as a Category B International Rookie.

Korcheck, who stands at 6”10 (208cm) and weighs 105kg, caught the eye of recruiters at a Florida screening camp in April this year. He was later invited to train with the Blues and spent three weeks at Ikon Park in August.

The 23-year old, who previously played Division 1 College Basketball for the Arizona Wildcats, hasn’t played much ‘Aussie Rules’ but Carlton’s GM List Management Stephen Silvagni says Korcheck has shown great potential.

“Matt is a beast of an athlete and showed some real promise when he made the journey over in August, so we’re delighted to have the chance to explore that potential further,” Silvagni said.

“He’s a strongly built and quite powerful athlete, so when you couple that with his 208cm frame, the possibilities are endless in his development.”

Since being introduced to the game only a few months ago, Korcheck has already developed a passion for AFL and says it’s an easy game to fall in love with:

“Tackling is my favourite part of the game. I love the physicality of the sport, the conditioning and just how hard the players have to push themselves,” he said.

Korcheck has signed a two-year contract. He’s set to arrive at Ikon Park in November to commence pre-season training when the team returns from leave.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 14, 2015

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gabensraum posted:

Give the mark to Walker for 2011.

This. He was robbed. They still use it for promos so it is the best since then.

Richmond members are not the only ones cutting up memberships this week :getin:

(from twitter)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Cripps has won the bnf. Murphy second, Tuohy 3rd.

quote:

Young gun Patrick Cripps has capped a breakout season by winning Carlton’s best and fairest - the John Nicholls Medal.

Cripps finished this evening’s count at Crown Palladium on 68 votes, narrowly ahead of captain Marc Murphy (67 votes) and defender Zach Tuohy (64 votes).

The award comes on the back of Cripps finishing runner-up in the NAB AFL Rising Star last week.

Since being recruited to Carlton with a first round selection in the 2013 National Draft, Cripps has played a total of 23 AFL games.

In just his second season of AFL football the 20-year-old has been a standout in the Blues midfield averaging 23.6 disposals and 6.65 clearances. He finished the home and away season ranked 8th overall in the league for contested possessions with an average of 13.7 per game.
2015 John Nicholls Medal Top 10:

1 Patrick Cripps 68 votes
2 Marc Murphy 67 votes
3 Zach Tuohy 64 votes
=4 Tom Bell 57 votes
=4 Ed Curnow 57 votes
6 Sam Docherty 48 votes
7 Kade Simpson 45 votes
8 Andrejs Everitt 37 votes
9 Simon White 35 votes
10 Andrew Carrazzo 23 votes

Other award winners on the night include:

Best First Year Player – Blaine Boekhorst
Best Clubman – Simon White
· The Best Clubman award recognises the significant contribution a player has made to the Carlton Football Club, particularly with his role in the playing group.
Carltonians High Achievement Award – Tom Bell
· The High Achievement Award is presented in recognition of an outstanding season.
Blues Coterie Most Improved – Tom Bell
Inner Blue Ruthless Award – Patrick Cripps
· The Ruthless Award is presented to a player who displays selfless commitment and has a significant influence on the outcome of games.
Spirit of Carlton Award – Ed Curnow
· Presented to the player who encompasses the spirit of the Carlton Football Club on and off the field.
Women of Carlton Player Ambassador Award – Kade Simpson
· The Player Ambassador Award recognises a player who contributes in a significant way to the wider community.
Hyundai MVP Award (voted by the fans) – Patrick Cripps

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
:eyepop:

GDT for the grand final should be posted asap on the day so the yanks can make plans and tune in.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Carlton to get Dangerfield trading a second round pick and telling Adelaide they got Eddie Betts for a bargin and still owe them.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Happy 162nd Birthday MCG (it was yesterday, shh)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I'd support Freo over North (they won the only GF I've been to, beating us) but any team over the Hawks.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The Freo Pavlovas

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Auspol thread OPs tend to have them but this month it is kittencam so vOv

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Solemn Sloth posted:

I didn't mean anything by it, I just decided to call a couple of women strippers as they passed by the childrens function I was speaking at.

To be fair how long has he lived in Geelong? The city has rubbed off on him I guess.

Remember when he was going to run for the Liberals under Kennet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7GG6oFkbaU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
210 brownlow votes (and 2 wins) in a career is pretty drat good.

Rip Juddy.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

The Deadly Hume posted:

I wonder if he went easy on the drinks because he knew there'd be a fair chance he'd doing this.

Fyfe is having surgery today so there's that.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

TG-Chrono posted:

Most recently Craig has been the General Manager of Performance at Essendon.
Not sure I like that...

TG-Chrono posted:

Carlton’s caretaker coach for 2015, John Barker, will remain at the Blues.
I like this though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Where is GDT? Got to get americans watching a livestream somewhere.

Go weagles.

• Locked thread