Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

He has thus far been a much more successful coach than "Mac"!

But anyway my point was that there is no difference between this and was muschamp did, you just happen to still like one of those people

Bullshit. Muschamp was exploding all the time. Mac had a teachable moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Chubb suffered a minor ankle tweak against Vandy. Richt says he wont miss any practice this week because it might have just been rolled or something, but you know what they say :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Ffffffffffff.

I *think* I know when and where he tweaked it; there was a run brought back in the first half during which a Vandy guy couldn't tackle him but yanked him forcefully enough from behind that his stride looked a little off for the rest of the run. If that's when it happened, then he still busted out some solid runs the rest of the day.

Sony and Keith are great, but if we're without Chubb in any fashion, we are boned.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I'll believe that Georgia is doomed without their starting runningback the moment the backup doesn't immediately come in and set rushing records and not before

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
If Georgia wouldn't mind lending Mizzou a running back, that would be great because all of our RBs are hurt.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I think Dobbs has the same strongest and weakest point: he basically always makes the right decision. He's like the absolute non-gunslinger.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I think Dobbs has the same strongest and weakest point: he basically always makes the right decision. He's like the absolute non-gunslinger.

sup

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
K-State currently with the best scoring defense in the country. :toot:

Patiently waiting to be ranked next week after holding LA Tech to a field goal and ending the preseason with a grand total of 2 PPG allowed.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Raku posted:

I hope he gets a chance at lots and lots of similar teachable moments this season.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:razorback: news, rumors on twitter saying our best blocker receiver Keon Hatcher is out six weeks with a broken ankle. If true, then, weeeeeeeeeeeeeelp. Might be looking at a losing season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Raku posted:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Raku posted:

"what if a gamorrean called 50+ passes with his power run offense?"

Bob Stoops tried this in 2013 against maybe the worst run defense ever in the Texas Longhorns

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Big 10 leading passer Tommy Armstrong

That felt good to type

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Teams that are currently 2-0 in the Big 10: Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana

Raku posted:

the sideline should be a safe place where players can reflect on their gender identity with crayons and play-doh. cookies to eat and empowering children's shows on thee jumbotron like stephen universe and korra.

i mean can you even imagine what it must be like to be embarrassed by your coach for drawing a stupid celebration penalty in front of your teammates. it's basically rape. jim mcelwain is a rapist who raped a sensitive young man in front of his friends and a studio audience. he should be in jail and not at all praised for trying to hold his players accountable by applying psychological pressure instead of pulling an important playmaker out of the game

also the players dad should join mcelwain in prison for supporting rape culture by saying his dumb idiot son needed to be called out

goodness gracious this is an atrocious post

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Ah, the anti-Mauk.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

<mediocre.gif>

Vernon Adams is just not good enough. If he's gonna suck rear end on the deep ball that bad, he needs to be able to run. If he ain't gonna run, he needs to suck less rear end on the deep ball.

I think part of the reason for the dearth of short passes is because he's not tall enough--he's listed at 5' 11", so probably actually 5' 10", and he literally can't see over the line of scrimmage to hit short passes over the middle.

I dunno. Maybe his index finger was actually as big a problem as the commentators were talking it up to be. Scott Frost apparently forgot how much he relied on Mariota improv to produce variety, though.

The defense stepped up better than I feared they would. Kind of inconsistent, which is what you might expect from young, talented guys. Had a few really nice stands. The thing is, I think they were good enough--they did their part. If the offense had been able to not gently caress up, Oregon could have walked out with a W.

EDIT: On the bright side, we are still going to gently caress UW up, which is always cool.

Jordanis fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 14, 2015

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Raku posted:

the sideline should be a safe place where players can reflect on their gender identity with crayons and play-doh. cookies to eat and empowering children's shows on thee jumbotron like stephen universe and korra.

i mean can you even imagine what it must be like to be embarrassed by your coach for drawing a stupid celebration penalty in front of your teammates. it's basically rape. jim mcelwain is a rapist who raped a sensitive young man in front of his friends and a studio audience. he should be in jail and not at all praised for trying to hold his players accountable by applying psychological pressure instead of pulling an important playmaker out of the game

also the players dad should join mcelwain in prison for supporting rape culture by saying his dumb idiot son needed to be called out

It's Steven, you Philistine.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Edit: Wrong thread

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Raku posted:

not sure why you felt like teeing off on rape in your shitpost, but you got issues bro.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Neil Armbong posted:

not sure why you felt like teeing off on rape in your shitpost, but you got issues bro.

If that was a seriouspost then I'll eat my bag of chips.

I win either way, really

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I am excited and terrified to see how Chad Kelly fares against a good D. He's got a cannon and has been super accurate on his deep balls, but he hasn't been hit all that much. If Bama's secondary is the weak point of their D again then they're going to have to get pressure on Kelly to slow him down.

Ole Miss's run game hasn't faced any real test but I'm concerned about its ability against Bama's front 7. I don't expect a lot of big runs. I hope I'm proven wrong.

On D, Ole Miss has struggled against the power run game. Their front 7 are quick and athletic but Arky dominated them last year. Still, they held their own last year and if they can duplicate that level of performance then they have a shot at winning.

My gut tells me Ole Miss will poo poo their pants as they usually do, but they have looked REALLY loving good so far.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
It's sooo tempting to re-evaluate your team's season after destroying cupcakes much more than expected, but I wouldn't recommend it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stunt Rock posted:

I am excited and terrified to see how Chad Kelly fares against a good D. He's got a cannon and has been super accurate on his deep balls, but he hasn't been hit all that much. If Bama's secondary is the weak point of their D again then they're going to have to get pressure on Kelly to slow him down.

Ole Miss's run game hasn't faced any real test but I'm concerned about its ability against Bama's front 7. I don't expect a lot of big runs. I hope I'm proven wrong.

On D, Ole Miss has struggled against the power run game. Their front 7 are quick and athletic but Arky dominated them last year. Still, they held their own last year and if they can duplicate that level of performance then they have a shot at winning.

My gut tells me Ole Miss will poo poo their pants as they usually do, but they have looked REALLY loving good so far.

it's a wonder what happens when you don't have Dr. Bo Wallace hurfing it up and down the field for you

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ZenVulgarity posted:

Dalvin Cook won't save us forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuD9XIwu2XA

We might be looking at another tale-of-two-halves thing with the offense. Golson is 8-18 for ~90 yards combined in the first halves of games, and the second halves he totals 25 - 33 380 5 TDs.
Our defense and our DL, particularly the bookends, have made some pretty extraordinary strides under Lawing. And Giorgio Newberry has become one of our most reliable linemen. I just wish Brutus wasn't the only safety who doesn't abandon his responsibility when the opponent does a long play-fake.

We get a couple of injured OL back kinda soon. Hopefully Minshew replaces the center or the RG

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Alaois posted:

it's a wonder what happens when you don't have Dr. Bo Wallace hurfing it up and down the field for you

I never realized just how very weak his arm was until seeing someone with a strong arm launching bombs that don't softly guide through the air like a frisbee.

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.

Slate Action posted:

It's sooo tempting to re-evaluate your team's season after destroying cupcakes much more than expected, but I wouldn't recommend it

this is a very Georgia Tech thing to say haha

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
Interesting stat:

Through 2 games, there are only 4 teams that haven't had a 3 and out while on offense - Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Arkansas (lol), and UCONN (lol)

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Slate Action posted:

Conversely, its perfectly reasonable to go into abject panic when you lose to your cupcake.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There are 127 teams in the NCAA. In terms of offensive yards per game, Texas sits at 126th.

Texas is not going to win another game this year.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yoshifan823 posted:

There are 127 teams in the NCAA. In terms of offensive yards per game, Texas sits at 126th.

who are the sad fuckers at 127, Penn State?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Insha'allah

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

who are the sad fuckers at 127, Penn State?

Akron. Penn State is all the way up at 122.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

movin' on up

Only have to move up 16 more slots and then its "well at least it wasn't as bad as last year!"

I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not, but PSU's 107th place last year was only fourth worst in the Big Ten. And only two spots worse than Texas and three worse than Florida!

Oops, I was looking at total offense, not per game. Only nine spots to go then and its "better than last year!" And Michigan was worse last year too, so we weren't in last!

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Yoshifan823 posted:

Does Pitt have a good defense or is Akron just that bad on the offensive side? I know they didn't do anything against Oklahoma which looks to have a really good defense this year.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

Still scared to go down there. Won't rest unless/until we have more points at triple zeroes.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FLEXBONER posted:

Interesting stat:

Through 2 games, there are only 4 teams that haven't had a 3 and out while on offense - Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Arkansas (lol), and UCONN (lol)

Well on our way to another season leading the nation in Offensive Efficiency, I see
*checks stats*
oh look at that GT is #2 and Ole Miss is slightly ahead of us

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yoshifan823 posted:

Texas plays both Iowa State and Kansas. They're going to win at least one of those.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

chaoslord posted:

:razorback: news, rumors on twitter saying our best blocker receiver Keon Hatcher is out six weeks with a broken ankle. If true, then, weeeeeeeeeeeeeelp. Might be looking at a losing season.

It's amazing how quiet things are from Fayetteville after the loss. No words from Bielema. No injury reports. I heard about Hatcher from twitter but still nothing from anyone about how Hawkins is doing. We had like 7 injuries in the last quarter alone it seems. I've said this before but the main reason we did so well last year is that we really only had one or two major injuries to the team and that is not typical. Seems like this year is already shaping up to be a bad one.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CoronaryBypass posted:

Does Pitt have a good defense or is Akron just that bad on the offensive side? I know they didn't do anything against Oklahoma which looks to have a really good defense this year.

Little of column A, little of column B. Pitt being coached by Narduzzi means they're going to be defense-first. Akron's been in flux under Terry Bowden. They upset Pitt last year, and in 2013 took Michigan to the brink, but they've never seemed to really figure an offense out. Their D isn't half bad, all things considered.

E: BG's first touchdown against Maryland was on a spin-o-rama shovel pass. lmao

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Thoguh posted:

Texas plays both Iowa State and Kansas. They're going to win at least one of those.

Insha'Katy Perry, Xort's blessed prophet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DJExile posted:

Little of column A, little of column B. Pitt being coached by Narduzzi means they're going to be defense-first. Akron's been in flux under Terry Bowden. They upset Pitt last year, and in 2013 took Michigan to the brink, but they've never seemed to really figure an offense out. Their D isn't half bad, all things considered.

E: BG's first touchdown against Maryland was on a spin-o-rama shovel pass. lmao

Hadoouuuken!

• Locked thread