Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

witz posted:

Tom Murphy's AP ballot...

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll-voter/tom-murphy

Good for laughs.

My sources in that newsroom tell me his poll they're running in the paper has Arkansas unranked and Auburn at 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Yeah, when I click the link Arkansas isn't ranked...maybe his ballot from last week was still up? There's nothing laughable about what I'm reading.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
What's being rumored about Carroo is his girlfriend got in a fight with another woman and he got involved on his GF's side.

As of now, he's just suspended.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

TipTow posted:

Yeah, when I click the link Arkansas isn't ranked...maybe his ballot from last week was still up? There's nothing laughable about what I'm reading.

yeah his new one doesnt have arkansas there

has oregon behind auburn though

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chump Farts posted:

yeah his new one doesnt have arkansas there

has oregon behind auburn though

Not indefensible

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Kim Jong Il posted:

What's being rumored about Carroo is his girlfriend got in a fight with another woman and he got involved on his GF's side.

As of now, he's just suspended.

I can only imagine what Flood did to get those two women so worked up.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Kim Jong Il posted:

How, how, how do Kyle Flood and Julie Hermann still have jobs.

Why would you fire the team that managed to get a school like Rutgers into the Big 10?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

. He's trying to build men first, football players second

This is true of literally zero coaches ever and you are trying really hard to justify a hire you liked acting like an rear end in a top hat. This reads like a parody of one of those "by gawd in my day they didn't even give us water!" talk radio callers.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 13, 2015

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Wanvig posted:

Houston received 16 votes :toot:

Yes, I know that's our ceiling.

Given the comparable records between Auburn and Houston, Houston clearly should be ranked right alongside them!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

downout posted:

Given the comparable records between Auburn and Houston, Houston clearly should be ranked right alongside them!

Ah, but Houston doesn't have Heisman candidate uh I mean star quarterback oh wait, future FCS transfer Jeremy Johnson on its roster.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Emanuel Collective posted:

Why would you fire the team that managed to get a school like Rutgers into the Big 10?

They didn't. We fired the old AD because he tried to fire Mike Rice when he learned about the video of him hitting players, was prevented from doing so, and was made the scapegoat afterwards. Flood had been coach for a year when they received the bid. They had nothing and next to nothing to do with membership.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That feeling when Jacksonville State takes you to OT:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Tad SG posted:

At least all those Alabama fans complaining about how tough their schedule is based on last week's ratings can rest easier with 3 fewer ranked teams in their schedule now, and Auburn out of the top 10!

You know, I do feel better, now that you mention it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

This is true of literally zero coaches ever and you are trying really hard to justify a hire you liked acting like an rear end in a top hat. This reads like a parody of one of those "by gawd in my day they didn't even give us water!" talk radio callers.

You can believe your truth and I'll believe mine. Based on everything I've heard and read about Mac he's a character first coach.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Emron posted:

You know, I do feel better, now that you mention it.

i don't remember yesterday because I was both wasted and sort of sick but apparently from about 3pm and 6pm I just couldn't stop giggling

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

That absolutely looks like someone who sleeps under a newspaper in Arkansas :lol:

FTFY

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Man, just look at that glass house. Anyway, I guess I owe Bert an apology. I've thought he was a lovely person and a lovely hire since the word go, but he's made it so that Toledo game didn't even ruin my day. So, thanks, Bert!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It amuses me that bert has the physique of a kielbasa

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Bret Bielema = those pig monsters in duke nukem

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Emron posted:

"what if a gamorrean called 50+ passes with his power run offense?"

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

Emron posted:

They're called pig cops

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

bvlah posted:

They're called pig cops

Yea wouldn't want people to get confused

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Jesus Christ, Mizzou's offense is loving putrid. The defense loving rules, though, and I think the score was a little misleading since Arkansas St. had two insane touchdown grabs from the same dude that I feel like most receivers wouldn't make. Anyways, please stop dropping the few passes that Mauk manages to put on target, WRs.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

downout posted:

We should be higher than Auburn, now that I think of it. We both beat Louisville, but we at least beat our FCS team by double digits in regulation.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

You can believe your truth and I'll believe mine. Based on everything I've heard and read about Mac he's a character first coach.

I'm sure there's no way to instill character without throwing a tantrum like a little child and embarrassing the kid in front of a television audience

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Emron posted:

I almost took the time to Photoshop him as Kraid from Super Metroid, but I really couldn't be bothered.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400603861

It's unbelievable that they had stats like they did on offense, yet only came away with 12 points (2 from an intentional safety!).

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

MourningView posted:

I'm sure there's no way to instill character without throwing a tantrum like a little child and embarrassing the kid in front of a television audience

the sideline should be a safe place where players can reflect on their gender identity with crayons and play-doh. cookies to eat and empowering children's shows on thee jumbotron like stephen universe and korra.

i mean can you even imagine what it must be like to be embarrassed by your coach for drawing a stupid celebration penalty in front of your teammates. it's basically rape. jim mcelwain is a rapist who raped a sensitive young man in front of his friends and a studio audience. he should be in jail and not at all praised for trying to hold his players accountable by applying psychological pressure instead of pulling an important playmaker out of the game

also the players dad should join mcelwain in prison for supporting rape culture by saying his dumb idiot son needed to be called out

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

momtartin posted:

BGSU looked scary on offense yesterday. If that's what we look like when our offense clicks, then drat, it's gonna be an awesome season. Our defense was better than it was last game, and we didn't really get destroyed this time. Granted Maryland is a bottom tier Big Ten team, and UT is supposedly pretty good, so we'll have time to see. There is no team in the MAC that can handle this kind of offense, so if we can have the defense continue to improve and clean up the stupid penalties (I'm not even gonna mention the Special Teams right now), I can see another MAC title on the way.

Matt Johnson is going to break the single season record for passing this year for the school easily at this rate, and might have a shot for the NCAA record, as long as he stays healthy. Had he been our QB last year, we probably would have won the MAC again. Coppet/Greene are a nice thunder/lightning punch as well.

Memphis will be a challenge next week, but hopefully after two games on the road, we can put up a good fight. Purdue after that, and they're not that great either. If we can come out of this OOC schedule as 2-2, both wins against the B10, I'll be thrilled.

Yay, the other BG fan :toot:

Yeah Matt Johnson looked out of his mind, and Lewis has been completely spectacular as a receiver. If they could get even a modicum of kick coverage I'd be really thrilled.

Memphis can Run The Dang Ball really well and they've had a very solid defense the last couple years. Still, if it comes down to it, I like us in a track meet. 2-2 out of the first 4 weeks would be great. If we somehow went 3-1 I'd be blown away.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Raku posted:

the sideline should be a safe place where players can reflect on their gender identity with crayons and play-doh. cookies to eat and empowering children's shows on thee jumbotron like stephen universe and korra.

i mean can you even imagine what it must be like to be embarrassed by your coach for drawing a stupid celebration penalty in front of your teammates. it's basically rape. jim mcelwain is a rapist who raped a sensitive young man in front of his friends and a studio audience. he should be in jail and not at all praised for trying to hold his players accountable by applying psychological pressure instead of pulling an important playmaker out of the game

also the players dad should join mcelwain in prison for supporting rape culture by saying his dumb idiot son needed to be called out

And what's the deal with kids these days getting participation trophies? Pussification of America.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

The Ole Miss schedule looks better and better after embarrassing performances from Mississippi State, Arkansas and Auburn. :hellyeah:

Alabama hosts Ole Miss this Saturday tho :smith:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Happy Hippo posted:

The Ole Miss schedule looks better and better after embarrassing performances from Mississippi State, Arkansas and Auburn. :hellyeah:

Alabama hosts Ole Miss this Saturday tho :smith:

jake coker is god's gift to your secondary

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Sorry that you're so used to "silence as discipline" that Ferentz uses at Iowa that you think that any elevated voice ruins a player's development process.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vyst posted:

Sorry that you're so used to "silence as discipline" that Ferentz uses at Iowa that you think that any elevated voice ruins a player's development process.

He has thus far been a much more successful coach than "Mac"!

But anyway my point was that there is no difference between this and was muschamp did, you just happen to still like one of those people

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Happy Hippo posted:

embarrassing performances from Mississippi State
If MSU was embarrassing what does that make LSU for almost losing to them?

Let's not talk about my team that looked more like a cupcake at home than a 5-year-old program did on the road, please...that is to say, continue not to talk about them.

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 14, 2015

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Chubb suffered a minor ankle tweak against Vandy. Richt says he wont miss any practice this week because it might have just been rolled or something, but you know what they say :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

He has thus far been a much more successful coach than "Mac"!

Well we're in week 3 of the coach so we'll have to see how the team responds.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

A thing I overheard on my walk to the Stadium yesterday:

"Sick visor, bro!"
"Thanks man, you too!"

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SpiritualDeath posted:

If MSU was embarrassing what does that make LSU for almost losing to them?

A team with four plays in their playbook and three of them are the same dive toss.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Mississippi State struggled against Southern Miss, they didn't deserve to be in the top 25 after that lovely win and now they're unranked as they should be.

Hotty toddy, is what I am saying here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The trick to getting ranked:

1. Beat a terrible, overrated Stanford team
2. Kick the absolute poo poo out of an FCS team that got clobbered by another FCS team that lost 44-0 to Illinois
3. Wait for every other team in the top 25 to poo poo themselves on national television

• Locked thread