Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Clemson looked like garbage for a quarter then rolled as they should.

WE WANT JACKSONVILLE STATE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Holy Toledo!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I was going to tout that the ACC technically has 3 teams in the top 10 but then I remembered gently caress NOTRE DAME

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Any angry arkansas meltdown vids yet?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/AllKindsWeather/status/643097882871111680

Team looked sloppy and lovely. Offense was disjointed. OL got blown off the ball by ECU. Dline got no push. Secondary was beaten regularly.

God is dead, if he ever existed in the first place.

The spirit of Muschamp's psychosis is still alive at UF.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
As you approach the speed of TCU, TCU starts to seemingly stand still, at the same time making it impossible to pass TCU.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

FLEXBONER posted:

I am terrified of the ND game but the one thing that gives me hope is our starters have gotten like 3 quarters off in the past two games so maybe we'll be well-rested while ND is still recovering from their slugfest with the powerhouse that is Virginia :lol:

God I hope GT goes into south bend and humiliates ND.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

witz posted:

Tom Murphy's AP ballot...

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll-voter/tom-murphy

Good for laughs.

This is a man who did not watch a single game of football this (or maybe any) weekend.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
"I know MSU beat Oregon, but The Lord and Savior Bielema told me the big 10 is bad so..."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Frinkahedron posted:

This is a spectacular photo.

Virginia Tech mashed Furman yesterday. Apparently we are now giving linemen meat tenderizers as a sort of trophy for good performance in a game. Linemen are the best football players.

He looks like he'd rather have the meat.

So would I.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
This is who we are dealing with. The face of a madman...

You could always try tweeting him and asking what the gently caress he's thinking. @TomMurphyADG

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DJExile posted:

Little of column A, little of column B. Pitt being coached by Narduzzi means they're going to be defense-first. Akron's been in flux under Terry Bowden. They upset Pitt last year, and in 2013 took Michigan to the brink, but they've never seemed to really figure an offense out. Their D isn't half bad, all things considered.

E: BG's first touchdown against Maryland was on a spin-o-rama shovel pass. lmao

Hadoouuuken!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DJExile posted:

There's at least one thing on ESPN.com worth following, and it's the "Drawing Conclusions" from freelance artist Chris Morris. Theyr'e great and a lot of them have really good av potential

Oh man, this right here...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The Human Cow posted:

This was probably my favorite part of the Clemson/App State game Saturday. Wayne Gallman absolutely demolished this dude on his way to the end zone:

Thanks for capturing this. I let out a tremendous "OOHHHHH poo poo" when that happened.

Also why the gently caress is FSU/BC a Friday game? :psyduck:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Can someone splice in Farmer Fran from the waterboy saying "He killed em!"

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Here we go.

The Human Cow posted:

This was probably my favorite part of the Clemson/App State game Saturday. Wayne Gallman absolutely demolished this dude on his way to the end zone:

btw you don't have a gif of Watson catching that snap right in the dick, do you?

Scarf fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 14, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

Also that Clemson hit looks super nasty, gat dang y'all

Little follow-up story on it.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Elliott-Gallmans-comments-bulldozing-defender-20360

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

News: Chubb practiced at full speed on Monday, ankle was just a minor sprain and he is good to go barring anything popping up this week.

Views: :getin:

Are yall playing SCar at home or in Columbia?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thank god. I may have to drive through Columbia on Saturday and am in no mood to deal with gameday traffic.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Texas. Texas never changes.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

quote:

People think there's only one way to win a football game, and that's not true. For instance, I saw Hawaii didn't score a point but did get to leave Ohio after the game.

quote:

Call Toledo Jim Henson, cause they're puttin' pigs in space.

:mmmhmm:

Scarf fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 15, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Korranus posted:

Ohio Tech sounds way better than Akron to be honest.

If they made it Ohio University of Technology we could all get shirts that just say Get OUT.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
All matte helmets everywhere always.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Hey... Hey guys.

It's gameday :3:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Communications isn't too bad if they plan on being a commentator at some point when their NFL career doesn't pan out.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

C2C - 2.0 posted:

A Communications degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on, even if the person who earned it gained 4 years of industry experience while pursuing said degree.

Ask me how I know.

(I'm not a former athlete though; that probably helps)

To be fair that's pretty much true for any B.A. degree. A lot of B.S. degrees as well...

The moment I started my B.A. in political science, I knew I was going to grad school.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Sash! posted:

I don't even know what a comm degree is even for

"Playing school."

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
http://www.tigernet.com/Clemson-Football-Roster

A few engineering and hard sciences... but for the most part :sigh:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

I don't even know how you study recreation but I hope it means that you like go fishing all day or something

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

Looks like a bunch of them are "Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management" majors, too.

Yeah, every frat-bro I knew at Clemson was usually PRTM. Party Right Through May.

But apparently it's pretty versatile as far as what you can do with it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thermos H Christ posted:

Has anyone posted this video of Arky fans turning on one another and descending in to violence in the aftermath of the Toledo loss?

https://www.facebook.com/earldeshon.atkins/videos/10154105505963943

Also wow just drop any and all trash on the ground like a animal you pieces of poo poo

Probably talkin poo poo bout his truck, bo :colbert:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Rad Valtar posted:

After seeing some of the previews of NIU I think they are going to give Ohio State a scare this weekend. I think it could be within one score going into the 4th.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
BC is a year or two away from contending in the ACC again. They'll be a pain in the rear end but FSU will win.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Raku posted:

How is BC's run defense? If they can limit Cook Golson isn't intimidating.

Im not positive but I feel their run D is def stronger than their secondary.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

D.N. Nation posted:

After a cupcake, Louisville goes to NC State and FSU. There's a chance they start the season 1-5, at which point I'm dead certain Petrino and Grantham will come to blows on the sidelines during a game, and it will be glorious.

Petrino is such a sleazebag I wouldn't mind seeing him take a shot to the gut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thermos H Christ posted:

Fun fact: University of Texas Chancellor William McRaven's previous job was as a 4-star Admiral in charge of the US Special Operations Command. He was supposed to do a campus event with the sitting director of the CIA on Tuesday, but he was called away because he needed to review and give final approval to the settlement with Steve Patterson so his "resignation" could be finalized. In other words, the same guy who gave the order to terminate Bin Laden signed the order to terminate Steve Patterson.

Also we have some pretty scary people on campus these days.

I took a Natl Security Policy class in grad school at Clemson, taught by a CIA Deputy Intel Chief... the amount of scary poo poo that man knew was insane. It was basically a class in "heres how easy it would be for terrorists to lay waste to this entire city."

• Locked thread