Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Four consecutive Jumps caused four consecutive disconnects for me. I'm thinking playing on patchday was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Mimesweeper posted:

Like would it kill you to hire a designer or player experience lead or something on the level of your sound guys? Fucks sake.

This.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

KakerMix posted:

There are lots of reasons I find myself still liking the Frog community built up around it and the idea of Elite but not actually playing the game anymore after hundreds (maybe even passed 1000?) of hours. But some of them highlight a whole heap of problems with the game, and this is one of them.
Why can't you? Either Frontier agrees with grognards based on some hosed up 'back in MY day' sort of idea or can't be bothered and both of them make Elite the spacegame not for me. And the grind too but everyone bitches about that :v:
I don't think anyone at Frontier knows what they are doing besides the sound team.

And the graphics team. And the flight model team. They deserve credit for those, everything else aside.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
hurf

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

GutBomb posted:

Last night while fuel scooping in my AspX halfway between the bubble and Sag-A I accidentally got too close to the star and it kicked me out of supercruise. I boosted away from the star until my FSD cooldown was over and then re-entered supercruise. I immediately started taking on heat again as usual and followed the escape vector and quickly started cooling down. A message popped up on the info panel "OHClog Hazardous Substance Detected" which I've never seen before but reminded me of some youtube videos that show people taking damage when picking up cargo from destroyed thargoid vessels. Is this message familiar to anyone? Is it thargoid related? Googling the message hasn't come up with much.

What type of star was it, out of curiosity?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

DatonKallandor posted:

At least it's not the entire United States oxygen system. :rimshot:

Fixed that for you.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Warbadger posted:

So like the day after I started I flew into Sol, docked at Abraham Lincoln station to buy some stuff, and flew around for a bit before returning to scanning rocks for cash.

I have no idea why, but I can apparently get into Sol already.

I have the Sol permit because I bought back in closed beta. If you bought it recently, dunno!

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Rynoto posted:

It only uses the first three letters/numbers which kind of limits the fun you can have with it.

:420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

KakerMix posted:

But why? What's the point?

This is a question that has been asked of every single game update since beta.

It's practically a Tradition by now.

• Locked thread