Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Edit: wrong thread, I'm an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Cross post from the PGS thread:

DarthBlingBling posted:

Well done Felix:

That's ACTUAL Galnet btw, not local. Well done all!

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Got a free Viper 4 from the Christmas event. Thanks Frontier! :confuoot:

Wait, what?

How have you only done 10 hours?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Mike the TV posted:

Bought myself a TrackIr and it makes me motion sick and terrible at this game. Whoops!

PM me if you want to buy it

Are you UK?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Gonna laugh at this person on Reddit:

I went hunting for this so I could laugh at him (link next time plz) and Braben himself has piped in to say they'll see what they can do :(

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Libluini posted:

To be fair, it's always good when a company is nice to its customers. I was always glad when I seriously hosed up in EVE and CCP stepped in to make it better, for example.

Of course if he does this again and again, I would expect Frontier to stop doing this, but if it was his first time, welp why not?

To be fair the guy wasn't being a dick, it was literally a 'laugh at how stupid I am' post and he got lucky.

It's just that I like to see the world burn at times you see :)

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
He got greedy

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
For the conda I can recommend you drop shields to 6A and pack a 7A or B cell. One pop recharges about 900mj since the nerf/buff

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Docking is half the fun of the game!

For those that want it tho I don't see why it needs to be a 1T computer.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Mike the TV posted:

Anyone know if player influence can change security rating in a system? My little group would like to increase our system security to get better bounty hunting.

Which group is that?

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Mike the TV posted:

My IRL friends and I. 4 of us total.

That's like bigger than some 3E groups!

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
You gonna stand for this N4I?! They're making a mockery of you!

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Nooooooooo

N4i'd again

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

El Grillo posted:

E:D weird rock opera thing at Edinburgh Fringe: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/07/25/theres-an-elite-dangerous-rock-opera-playing-this-years-edinburgh-fringe
Goddamnit nerds.
Anyone live up there? I suggest you go just to experience (what I imagine will be) one of the most cringeworthy spectacles you will ever see.

I go to the Fringe every year so may get to check this out. Only issue is this year I'm going with gf, her sis and husband and her brother, so I don't think they're gonna wanna watch something Elite related instead decent comedy.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
gently caress it, if I pay for it she'll watch any old shite

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Yeah we won

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I got my Alioth permit over a year ago when I heard you could get 20% off ships at one station there.

Turns out it was just the Orca and Eagle...

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

INTJ Mastermind posted:

There's already stuff to do in supercruise: navigating gravity wells, fuel scooping with heat management, exploring USS, and the threat of pirate interdictions.

Would you like the game better if it's like the current beta where you start with a billion dollars, all ships unlocked, and your station has all the modules and engineer mods available?

Yes

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

DancingShade posted:

Today's new store paint job is a chromed sidewinder. No point linking it because who the hell is going to buy that.

I have a golden sidewinder skin. We were going to play space Quidditch, but it didn't work out

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Stack all those 200k missions, go to the planet base, kill the skimmers, log out, log in, kill the skimmers, log... Keep doing that until your contracts are completed, kill yourself, respawn at the station, hand in missions, jump up to friendly status, take missions (now you should be getting 7 figure missions), go to plane... Now you should be allied, take missions (now you should be getting the odd 8 figure missions)...

Keep doing until you've broken the game's non existent economy

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Krycek posted:

Some people have no idea what qualifies as an "exploit" anymore. Every part of the 17 Draco pinata is a confirmed working as intended game mechanic. Mission stacking, 6-8 figure payouts, skimmers counting as mission targets, no mission reset on death, all within the design of the game. Maybe it's too powerful as-is, but that's far from an actual exploit. gently caress forumdads!

It's nerfed in the beta, so get the most out of it now.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Beluga pilot decided to play chicken with the Corvette in the Jameson Memorial mail slot.

It... did not go well for him, shields stripped, hull down to 50%, I don't even think my outer shield ring changed color. :lol:

And I was going the station speed limit.

you fuckin greifer

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
"control your NPCs"

OK bub

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Trustworthy posted:

Patches usually don't drop until Tuesday, right? I'm not going to have time to hit up D17 until Monday, and I'm a little worried that I'm gonna get Frontierroll'd

War lasts 3 or 4 days max when it's one sided like this, it'll end long before Tuesday. The nerf so far in the beta is that skimmer kills will no longer count.

Tuesday is the day the staff will be coming back into work from the Christmas break, if beta is ready to go live I doubt it would be on that day anyway.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

adamantium|wang posted:

Now that I'm a mini space-Trump how's the FDL? Any better than a Vulture or is it just an overpriced side-grade?

FDL is a fuckin beast

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
We will tell you the best places to bounty hunt, to trade, to do missions, to drop data, to cause tears, to make an absolute gently caress ton of money, to do whatever pointless activity you wish to do in this game.

[ONLY PLATINUM MEMBERS CAN READ THIS TEXT]

See you in the discord

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
When you're earning 300m an hour, battle conda is disposable as I cannot be bothered changing and refitting.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
The diamonte forges can always do with your exploration data.

Please join up and ask.

We're a friendly community and even cleaned up the Discord to be less 'goony'.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

GlyphGryph posted:

Can someone give me an update on the state of the game?

Also, someone told me that engineering was actually fun right now (after previously being terrible), but then someone else told me that Frontier felt there wasn't enough grinding involved and are actively planning to add a lot of grinding to the process, so that if I wanted to play around with it I should do it now. Is that accurate?

Has frontier lifted the grind requirements for any other parts of the game, or is still a merciless sequence of taking frustratingly long to achieve any sense of progress?

Edit: Hoooooly poo poo I made the mistake of looking it up and apparently there are just waves of people complaining to Frontier that Engineering is too easy, happens too quickly, and that the results are meaningless if people aren't required to "really work for it", and almost no meaningful opposition.

Just a little reminder for me about why I stopped playing and why this will never be the game it almost was that I still desperately want, I guess. :(

Why don't you come chat in your dead gay group's Discord, we'll be more than happy to bring you up to speed

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

What would a second person do that isn't shooting a turret or flying a fighter? Seriously describe a compelling gameplay mechanic that wouldn't require an insane amount of development capital to implement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIqrn49mZ5c

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Your selfies are all ugly as gently caress

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
It's not all about the res

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Should be cool actually as Planet Coaster is a stellar game.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Drake_263 posted:

I have a friend who tried very hard to convince me the Vulture was a Bad Ship because his armament of choice for it was a pair of turreted beam lasers. At C2.

That's cute, we had a fool who was convinced it was garbage because it took 20 mins or so to destroy a conda with his Vulture. He even posted a video as proof.

Turns out he hadn't changed the load out so was plinking away at the conda with C1 pulse lasers.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Yes we' accept all. The game is pretty much CYOA, but come join the group and hang on discord.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
My X52 is in a box

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Breetai posted:

PS call me Derek Smart because I totally called it like a year ago:

Aye mate, you're a loving visionary...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I don't think video games are for him to be honest. They're all just a series of QTE when you boil it down.

Life is just one big series of QTE, then you die.

• Locked thread