Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Marky Marx posted:

Couldn't Black just be the Goku from Universe 6 since Beerus brought Earth 2 back at the end of the last tournament?

I'm still going with the idea that Black is just Goku revived by Zamasu by pouring his god ki into him. Dude needed a dead Goku for that so he went to an off-shoot timeline where he was already dead. The show invites you to come up with more theories by pointing out the holes in its own anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

Piccolo's the safe bet. No problems beating a 5 year old before super saiyan was even a thing.

Piccolo was like eight years old himself at that point, cut him some slack

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

look at least all the broly stuff in this game is optional side quests instead of xenoverse literally making broly the end of the game

it's the post-game so you're free to not care about Broly and Bardock's time adventures

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

For real for now.
Toriyama just can't commit to having an ultimate God

the Omni-King is his best one yet so i am glad he can't

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

If you started the series with the early Kid Goku stuff it's not really unusual to be more into Goku than his son.

At least here in Germany they showed the series starting with vanilla flavour Dragon Ball first and I always cared more about Goku and wasn't annoyed with his son not being the martial arts savant his dad was.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Gohan got what he deserved.

agreed, i am also glad Gohan got the happy, peaceful, fulfilling family life he always wished for

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

How fulfilling can it be to see disappointment in your father's eyes every time he looks at you?

please stop slandering Goku, just because he doesn't understand his son's lifestyle doesn't mean he doesn't respect and love him

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

18 satying home while Krillin and loving Roshi of all people go to fight Freeza is the single most annoying part of Super for me so far. In lieu of Goku and Vegeta, she would have been arguably the second, maybe the third strongest fighter showing up to that battle. Have everyone on Earth not named Gohan and Piccolo swing over to her house and protect Marin with Krillin, she should still be more powerful than all of them combined.

Didn't 18 straight-up say to Krillin she's stronger than him and it's probably better for her to go fight but then just stays home because she's super into her tiny hubby acting macho?

She also never really was into that whole fighting business, whereas Krillin trained to be a martial artist since he was a child. I'm more bothered by Videl quitting martial arts forever to be a housewife and literally nothing else. Like, just give us a shot of her still training even if it's just as a hobby and not to be some earth defender in one of the more slice-of-life episodes and I'll be happy, that's all I ask for.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

here's how you can tell that Krillin loves martial arts and Gohan doesn't:

Krillin keeps his gi ready in case space aliens invade earth and he gets to dress up as a kung fu master again

Gohan doesn't even remember where his gi is anymore

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i liked Beerus' "talk to the hand" theme

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

was the GodTube joke in Japanese too or was it something like NicoNicoKami over there?

same difference i suppose but i'm curious

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Namtab posted:

I'm glad dbz abridged finally got to do the epic rape joke they've been implying for ages.....cool

yeah that was pretty uncomfortable

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i quit the early DBZAbridged stuff after like episode 3 because i found it really unfunny and only really started at the beginning of the Freeza fight

i would probably be annoyed at Zarbon though if i watched it all the way through

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Right, that must be it. I'm pretty sure I remember the first episode ending with Raditz kidnapping Gohan then Goku and Piccolo teaming up to go after him.

It's a pretty weird series to jump straight into because I it assumes some familiarity with Dragon Ball, but I can only imagine how odd it must have been if you'd watched or read the whole way through Dragon Ball and then Goku is straight up killed in the first big fight when he'd been pretty much invincible for most of the original series.

in his last two big fights he lost three limbs to a green man, King Piccolo kinda set the trend for Goku barely etching out victories

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the German version had a cover of Cha-La Head Cha-La or whatever and i'm not feeling Rock The Dragon at all, in fact it's a bit silly even

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Dias posted:

Chala Head Chala is by far superior and these American dudes just suffer from Stockholm Opening Syndrome or SOS because god save our souls from Rock the Dragon.

i see it in the Digimon thread too with Butterfly/the Digi rap and i think the only conclusion is that nostalgia and stockholm are basically 100% identical

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i look forward to the Goku and Chi Chi kiss arc after the Goku Black arc

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

look, both of Gohan's dads grew up orphaned in the middle of wilderness, it's only fair Gohan also gets an experience that obviously greatly enriched them both

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

back when Goku and Piccolo were tiny babies hunting massive dinosaurs was a favorite childhood pastime

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i'm glad Super continues to be a fanfic born out of the collective unconscious of all Dragon Ball fans

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i loved the part where Zamasu and Zamasu hugged, evilly

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Does anyone have a gif of evil hug?

I would also like this.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I don't really get why the Viz translation makes a point of saying the Chinese name of the Kikoho would be Chi Kung Cannon or something similar.

Like, sure, okay, but why for this attack only?

agreed, all attack names in Dragon Ball should be in Chinese

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Spidder posted:

lol it's like Funimation thought kid's brains would explode if a character name has more than two syllables. Like they wouldn't be able to get the names right for their parents to buy action figures or something.

The German dub tended to just call several characters by their full name all the time, so Goku was always called Son Goku and Tien was always called Tien Shinhan. Or is it actually just Tienshinhan as a single name and the English dub just shortened it? gently caress if I know. the Turtle Hermit was also called Muten Roshi but I think that's just what Turtle Hermit is in Japanese?

Attack names were also usually kept in Japanese so I still think of the Spirit Bomb as the Genki Dama.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I couldn't remember what Kami was called in the German dub and the German wiki is referring to him inconsistently but I think they just called him God

The German wiki also insists his full name is "God Piccolo".

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i liked the part where Bulma became the legendary super human god super human and destroyed Beerus and Vegeta's manhood

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kinda hoping that Goku and Vegeta rely on vanilla flavor teamwork to beat double Zamasu instead of just fusing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So how does that one fansubber guy react to Crunchyroll going for "mortal" when translating "ningen"? He was pretty adamant about translating it as "human", wasn't he?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

She's good with technology but generally dumb as bricks. Who in their right mind would talk poo poo to Krillin's awesome girlfriend?

Dating a professional baseball player was the highlight of her life, and she cries at night having to sleep next to the jobless streetfighting bum who knocked her up when she threw him a pity lay (after aforementioned baseball player cheated on her again).

when people talk about Super being a culmination of their favorite fanfics they didn't mean yours

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Zamatsu

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's probably a gimmick account

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

mmkay posted:

It's a shame there wasn't more Vegetto, he's cool.

I'm glad there wasn't more of him, honestly. The whole arc would've felt a bit hollow to me if it hadn't been Trunks actually ending the fight, and after last week's preview I fell for the fake-out since Vegito is usually a big deal and fusion versus fusion was pretty much the only other sensible climax.

Retconning the potara fusion is pretty whatever but we got the narratively most satisfying conclusion anyway so I'm fine with it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

zelah posted:

December 4: “Goku vs Arale! The Earth Comes to an End Due to their Battle?”

Crying at work.

this is all i ever wanted out of Super

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mai is his girlfriend, so no, actually, the direct opposite of this.

that just means she's doomed because Future Trunks is a vortex of reality-erasing suffering

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

or maybe the entire time patrol stuff will never be a thing in the anime and manga and only exists in games to give an excuse why your original character is in all of Goku's most important moments in life

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i am still amazed we're getting a Yamcha episode

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I choose to believe that Gohan, growing up in the environment he did, just has no idea how actual medicine and sickness works.

That's just classic dad behaviour, especially with your first child. If your baby coughs once you're just gonna fly into a hypochondriac fury.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Toriyama is a powerful man, unconstrained by the limits of canon

Bra will be introduced next episode, and already be five years old

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

tbp posted:

only hit and uh cabbage will be important from U6, the rest of them are pretty pointless.

don't you diss my favorite Dragon Ball character, Winnie the Pooh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the preview is a bait-and-switch, that last scene where Goku dies is the first scene of the episode, and the rest of the scenes happen after they revive him

• Locked thread