Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Aurora posted:

Goku is a smart fighter but a dumb everything else

He's pretty good at catching fish iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

zelah posted:

A single macho tear rolled down my cool tough cheek when it was revealed that Bulma made Vegeta's new armor.

Should have made it pink

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

-Fish- posted:

Scenes of Goku and Krillin still being bestest buddies and of 18 doting on Krillin destroyed me in this episode.

Why didn't Krillin just take a senzu bean

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also goddamn Vegeta, that was pretty smooth. He could've just accepted the offer of being a God of Destruction, but instead managed to perfectly find the way to get what he wanted without needing to become that. When you consider how Vegeta would've gladly taken that offer in a second before, it seriously shows just how much he's grown.

Vegeta, Prince of all Saiyans, would never submit to someone else's will for any longer than it benefits himself.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't believe this is a thing that exists.

You must have a pretty Puar memory then

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Caros posted:

Bojack was presumably a little while after. They mention Trunks has come back for a visit and Vegeta has had enough time to really start pouting.

And speaking of which, future Trunks is an rear end for not coming back to visit his past friends.

He'll eventually come up against someone that'll take him out, right? No Bojack in his timeline, would Android 13 exist? If so he'd be the end of Trunks. If not him then someone down the line would surely overpower Trunks.

What I'm saying is: Future Trunks is future dead.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Future Trunks became a time cop and summoned you to help fight time crime.

Future Trunks/Future Jaco future team up?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Stairmaster posted:

why would jaco not be around in trunks timeline

I think he means he wouldn't team up with a known time traveler.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Also, how much of a power up is SS Blue over SSG? Regular SS is 50x base, so I'm curious why SS Blue isn't a 50x incrase over SSG, considering Goku pushed Beerus in regular SSG form but isn't more powerful than him in SS Blue.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's "whatever's best for story telling right now" level

I want to see SSGSS3

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ImpAtom posted:

They are going to have Super Saiyan Blue at something like 1/4th of the way through the series. You're kidding if you don't think at LEAST one more Saiyan transformation, plus probably something for Piccolo or someone is coming down the line.

lmao come on, the B/C team is done with getting new powerups. The most we can hope for is SSGSS3 Gotenks (which would be extremely rad)

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's a misconception, actually! Super Saiyan Blue comes from mastery of God Ki, and then turning into a Super Saiyan, making it far more powerful than the original Super Saiyan God form with no disadvantages whatsoever. In fact, videogames (namely Xenoverse and Extreme Butoden) put SSGSS Goku and Vegeta above every Super Saiyan form in terms of power, including Super Saiyan 4.

As proof of this in-series, Goku and Vegeta's base state is now known as "Saiyan beyond God", so they've clearly surpassed the power of Super Saiyan God. They're still not on Beerus' level though, much less Whis'.

Actually, none of this poo poo makes any sense

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is the Android 13 movie worth watching?

Watch every movie imho

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ImpAtom posted:

That was very explicitly Beerus making an excuse for why he didn't keep his promise to blow up the Earth despite Goku losing.

OK, this poo poo does actually make sense now. That whole Goku = 6(or 7), Beerus = 10, Whis = 15 bullshit threw me off I guess.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Stairmaster posted:

If you're actually okay with the status quo you have stockholm syndrome or something worse.

You on the other hand seem to be saying "no, really, this time he'll be different I just know it."

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Covok posted:

Broly is terrible because fans ruined him with their honest belief that he is always the strongest

Also, Goku is the legendary super sayian, not Broly.

Goku and Vegeta are just proof that the Sayian race gets the universal award for most wasted potential for the previous and next thousand years.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

New Leaf posted:

Okay seriously, after watching the episode, I understand the complaints, and gently caress the change with Krillin. He wouldn't have forgotten literally decades of martial arts training and all the bravado that brought him to the fight in the first place. He should have been able to sense the ki of the worthless mooks and known he was leagues beyond them. That's just stupid.

The Majin Buu arc should have taught you that, actually, Krillin is really bad at judging Ki when the plot calls for it, such has him misjudging Spopovich and Buu.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CharlestheHammer posted:

Everyone is really bad at judging ki. Flipping out over a DBZ staple is hilarious.

It's like being mad they introduced a new super Saiyan.

More super Saiyans for the Super Saiyan Go.... Oh

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Can someone explain to me why Pilaf, Shu, and Mai are children in Super? I just realized how little sense this makes.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Vire posted:

They wished to be young again but screwed up the wish and became kids off screen it was mentioned as a throw away line in BoG. Don't remember about super.

So it definitely 100% has absolutely nothing to do with GT even though that happened in the future?

Kild posted:

they wished to be young again.

For the first time, isn't it?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Augus posted:

Where the gently caress is Android 18 though?

Isn't she at home watching Marron, and thinking about how cool Krillin is?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Considering no one has ever won a battle in either form there's not alot of practical data to draw from :shrug:

Are you not counting movies?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

projecthalaxy posted:

I like Semi-Perfect Cell's giant fat waddly "I'm about to blow up" form and wish it had been used more. It's funny looking.

Fat cell vs. Veku & Fat Gotenks (Gunks? Truten?) would be fun

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Pureauthor posted:

Future Trunks is too lame to contribute anything to a Fusion.

You gently caress right off. He was definitely the coolest when I watched DBZ as a kid.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Are those Trungeta and Kakahan?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

The next episode preview showed Hit facing up to Frost, and Frost had that "I'm totally hosed" face. I wonder what that's about.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

StrifeHira posted:

Game title, Dragon Ball Fusions, and EX-Fusion of Goku and Broly officially revealed, "Karoli."

Broku must be the Potara Fusion name. Makes sense to give the stronger fusion the better name.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shards of Fate posted:

Was there a new episode of Super this week? I know they took a break last week.

Yeah, it was the Vegeta vs. notFrieza battle, then the start of the following battle.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Mr Interweb posted:

Wasn't Cabba shocked when he saw Goku turn SSJ for the first time? I thought that implied he wasn't capable of being one?

I'm guessing he figured it out by watching them do it a few times.

Can't wait for Champa's reaction when Vegeta gives off God ki.

Vegeta going SSB make me think he'll beat Cabba then lose to Hit, Princess Mononoke will then job to Hit, and Goku will win, as is written.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

RBX posted:

I like how Frost has been on the sidelines for like 3 episodes just sulking like a child on punishment. Not even trying to keep up the facade anymore. Frieza would never do that! He'd be arrogant to the end.

I figure the got so hosed up by Hit that he doesn't even know what to do anymore.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I've been using the Pafu subs, they're not out instantly but don't take two days either, and they seem pretty decent, even explaining Japanese puns when they don't translate well.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TheKingofSprings posted:

Super Saiyan was obsolete literally decades ago

They still use it all the time though?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TheKingofSprings posted:

Super Saiyan 2

I feel like they've only used base/SSJ/SSB in this tournament

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

tsob posted:

Goku and Gohan stayed in Super Sayian form for days on end and learned to be calm and normal in it during the Cell Saga. How does that work if it burns lots of stamina and energy to use it and using kaoi-ken during it is impossible because of that penalty?

Because they achieved a higher form of SSJ for the purposes of that tournament, so that whole deal doesn't count for anything else.

Also, Toriyama forgot.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Dango Bango posted:

Wasn't the "calm SSJ" thing during the Cell Saga more about controlling the rage/aggression that comes with SSJ rather than ki?

It was about not wasting energy going from base to SSJ.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Elfgames posted:

well they probably have a simmilar god structure so i'd say it's not improbable for there to be 6 pairs of destruction god siblings

Also since it's Dragon Ball, there's likely another god above all those gods, a Supreme God of Destruction, if you will.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So no one is going to mention how Saturn got eaten by Super Shenron?

There were like 5 extra ones in that shot, it's OK.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

He wont even know what SSJ3 is, surely

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

At this rate Bulma is gonna go Super Saiyan the second Bra is conceived.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raxivace posted:

Really good episode- the scene with Piccolo, Goku, and Pan on the roof was probably my favorite.

It would be interesting if Super continued to play up the fact that Goku is only getting older.

Edited for better looping:

pik_d fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Shindragon posted:

Pardon my ignorance, why is there importance for Bra? Pan I can see, but I haven't seen GT (never will) so I don't recall her being a fighter. Unless it's just more this would tell if GT is cannon or not.

Yeah it's just a timeline thing, which I think is already hosed up. All she ever did was shop and shame her dad into shaving his mustache. Also I feel like Goten/Trunks should be teen Gohan size by now at the very least.

Edit: Forgot about the last bit of Z

pik_d fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 15, 2016

• Locked thread