Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
After finally watching The Thick of It, Missy is a hero for killing that gobshite Ollie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

In The Reaping there's a scene that lasts something like 5 minutes where it's just a quietly sobbing Peri listening in on her best friend and mother talking about how much of a relief it was to not have her around and how they're disappointed she is back. This goes nowhere and has no pay-off whatsoever :stare:

Not the worst thing that has been done with her. How could you forget the books that claim she was molested by her stepdad?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

If anyone wants to see what 10 is up to watch Jessica Jones. If you have small children that are fans of him watch it with them as it will make you smile.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

A... secret smile....? :tinfoil:

I don't normally bingewatch but I've watched the first 11 episodes over the last day or so and it's really great. Tennant is utterly terrifying in the role.

Smile like hope in the first episode :)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ms Boods posted:

Spent a lovely 23 minutes or so revisiting An Unearthly Child. I am jaded and cynical in my old age, but I still get a little shiver and thrill when Barbara falls into the TARDIS and we get that first look at its interior, ever. :unsmith:

Then the doctor kidnaps them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I think the Brig has had enough

He is surprising him with his tab from the local pub.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FreezingInferno posted:

I took a chance on Hand of Fear since I didn't think it was one many people really owned, but hey! I indirectly am bringing the joy of Tom Baker to a little kid! That's sweet. Enjoy the Sun Makers, it's a good one.
People might as its Sarah Jane's last one in the classic series and she is the most recognizable "old" companion.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

This picture never gets old.

"He's behind me. He's behind me, isn't he? Bloody hell."

Why can't he change into Pertwee

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CobiWann posted:

I agree. Missy has been charming, witty, charismatic, engaging...and she's done some very bad bad things, but it's been indiscriminate killing of UNIT soldiers and that one scientist who worked for her. There needs to be a scene that shows she might be charming and insane, but she's also just...well, a crazy bitch.

Writing a scene like this for the Master would be as easy as pie.

After watching Thick of it I support Missy's killing of Ollie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Yo Bobkatt013, thanks so much for your Secret Santa gift of About Time Volume 6! You can't get it digitally yet so I was holding off, but this is perfect!

You should be getting another thing Monday.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The Hobbit films are a bit of a mess. Partially down to the enforced trilogy but not entirely.

But Sly was the best part

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Acne Rain posted:

well also because they knew this was the last Middle Earth thing they could do and they shoved all the continuity they could into it and destroyed the pacing.

they WERE right though, Christopher Lee did die soon after.

(but of course, the who episode will go back to Peter's splatter horror origins, I'm sure)

Or bring back his splatter/puppets roots.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

El Pato posted:

I might be remembering incorrectly, but the first time the Doctor met Ashildr, didn´t he said he was feeling deja voo? and even did a double take on her?

Also, on the first episode of the season, does Davros say that what he meant with "I remember what you did" was that the Doctor saved him? Because the Doctor was feeling very shamefull of whatever happened, and maybe Davros knows what happened too...

Yeah it was that he saved him. He was saying that the Doctor was responsible for everything that he did.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Super.Jesus posted:

I'm also baffled as to why Me, which is just a human empowered by a mid-range technological alien healing factor, somehow manually makes it farther than Jack Harkness along the timeline. Even a Time Lord can't pull that off.

I remember 10 saying that he might have been in Utopia

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I mean for whatever reason or another, whether it was to make it approachable to new fans, or add some legendary mystic feel, RTD decided that Time Lords and Daleks needed to be ditched. And in the past few years it's like Moff looked at that and simply disagreed.

You mean besides RTD bringing back the Daleks himself in his first season. He also brought Timelords back in his 3rd.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lottery of Babylon posted:

"Gonna spend the next hour getting owned relentlessly by the Master, wow I'm just like the Doctor!"

With the third doctor it was a couple of hours!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

remusclaw posted:

Considering how argumentative and obnoxious the fifth Doctors companions are most of the time, It's no wonder Six turned out the way he did.

The last thing he saw wad Adric and the Master. No wonder it was choking time

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

remusclaw posted:

A tear, Sarah Jane?

Oh, well, here we go again

Cliff Racer posted:

Looking back on that, I really regret that they degenerated the concept of the Daleks into Nazi Trashcans that were invented all at once by a mad scientist. Yeah, its hard to bring back those "The Daleks" Daleks but I think we could have done better than what we got.

Nazi trash cans were a major part of invasion of the daleks. I mean they had signs that were almost if not the same from the blitz hanging up.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 10, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

josh04 posted:

And corrupt, don't forget corrupt.

So you are saying Time Lord society is just FIFA?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

echoplex posted:

I very much enjoyed the DW villain-esque message in my Secret Santa present:

Thank you, MrL_JaKiri, it was just the present for a non-DW fan :v:

My girlfriend and I have rented a cottage in the Lakes for xmas/NY so I'm sure I'll subject her to a bit of Tom Baker while we're shut in there (will be nice for her to watch some TV with me where I'm not saying "I MADE THAT AND THAT AND THAT LOOOOOK"). Baker seems as good a place as any for me to start! If I ever go back to DW I'll feel slightly less of a fraud.

PS: now I have your full name I'll be passing it onto Mr. Moffat.

I haven't actually seen my Santee post at all since I've been here, and they're getting a cracking gift! Sort your life out, pal.

Everyone needs some Adric during the Life Day season!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mortanis posted:

I'm surprised we never saw when River learned the Doctor's name. Given how Moffat likes to tie things up, even sometimes at the expense of having to twist it to get it to fit, we never actually saw River learning his name.

"There's only one reason I would ever tell anyone my name. There's only one time I could..."

I'm actually kinda glad that every thing that's ever been hinted at on screen hasn't actually gotten time devoted to explaining it, I just found it surprising.

It did happen in the Wedding of River Song

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Burkion posted:

Didn't she just read his name off of his crib?

No it was part of the wedding ceremony.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Ooh, do I get to give them the Paddle of Rassilon this time?

I thought the first step is the watching of Doctor in Distress for 24 hours on a loop?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Maera Sior posted:

Santee in the Boston suburb, if you're reading this, can you let me know that you got the package? I haven't seen any posts.

If you are my santa yes I did get it and thanks for the books!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Maera Sior posted:

Whoops, I forgot to put my name anywhere. Good job, me. :golfclap:
I happened to run into 9 of those and then just had to complete the set. Do any of them actually make it clear which doctor they're about, or does that require knowing the show?

Two have Baker on the cover. The rest you have to know the show.

• Locked thread