Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's okay Baal, I didn't like Marineford either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't like Marineford, as someone who thinks Ace is a really boring character and didn't really care about how it was built up. I really didn't care about any of the new characters so all the fights lacked impact for me, and I thought it was too long for what it was.

Dressrosa did the same thing in a lot of ways but I honestly think it was way more compelling. Even weekly as opposed to all at once like I read Marineford I liked Dressrosa a lot more.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That was an amazing chapter, holy poo poo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My favorite thing about Punk Hazard is how annoyed Robin gets by Franky in Chopper's body.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, Kizaru owns.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

jimbei is my friend

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh man, this arc is gonna own.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One Piece was always good, friend

Not this good, but

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I like Dressrosa a whole lot even if it did drag a bunch but w/e

Usopp is just so great in that arc, I'm sorry

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really hope Pudding isn't evil and becomes the 12th Straw Hat, I like her a lot so far.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh man, what a weird fuckin' arc this is shaping up to be. This is great.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm so excited about my friend Jinbei!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One Piece is about as fun now as it's ever been

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm still not budging on Jinbei but I'm also pro-Carrot now

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I will never be pro-Pedro, sorry

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God I can't wait for Weevil to show up again, what a weird fuckin character

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MrAristocrates posted:

what a weird fuckin character

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's saying that there's precedent to keep Japanese words in Japanese when they're part of names. I prefer calling her Pudding though so I'll keep doing that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Invictus posted:

Also, Sanji is literally the man in the iron mask. Kinda funny that Duval had that mask of his, now.

Oda does it again!!!

Oh man, I'm so excited to see what Sanji does next.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Those chapters weren't even cut by editors IIRC, Oda wanted to get to the Grand Line on chapter 100.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God this manga rules

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've probably watched like 400 episodes of the anime, and I'm here to tell you, don't loving do it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked this until it referred to Brotherhood as the sequel to the original FMA smh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If I hadn't just bought my current av, oh man

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've watched a loving shitload of One Piece, and I'm here to tell you, you're making a good decision

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mabels big day posted:

Jimbei is absolutely going to die.

SHUT UP

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One Piece is so goddamn good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i can't wait for jinbe to not die

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jinbe will live and then he'll be my best friend

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oddium posted:

none of this is true. this is all fanfiction

you're right, jinbei will live

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Robin is still my favorite Straw Hat tbh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jinbei owns and always owned, those of you who doubted my gospel can suck it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Because she's already a member! Glad to see you're finally talking sense here.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I looked up a clip of English Jet Gatling against Lucci and Luffy's VA's scream there might honestly be stronger

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I played both PW2 and 3 and Hancock was amazingly broken in 2 and is still really great in 3

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

blackbeard is so obviously the final boss i don't understand you if you disagree

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

tsob posted:

I don't think he means everything that came before and lead up to the present either, but I do think that if this is already his era then the character has peaked. He might have more plans, but we're no longer privy to them and he himself no longer appears or does anything; just his lackeys. He's already an Emperor, the only thing higher in the structure he's aiming for is Pirate King. Which he can't become, because we know Luffy will become that. So he's peaked. Any plans he has or enacts will only improve his material possessions slightly (more fruits, more weapons), not significantly change his status. Also, Akainu didn't give Whitebeard one significant wound; he gave him two. The only two significant wounds the guy had as far as I know. The litany at teh end also isn't placed as a "this is what killed him" list, it's placed as a "he was so strong he was able to withstand this" list. If it was to be a "this is what killed him list" there'd be lava punches on the list too. I don't agree that the story treats things as Blackbeard being his killer either, because Blackbeard gives him no significant wounds and Whitebeard was obviously dying already before Blackbeard even appeared, giving speeches telling his crew to leave and so on.

So what happens when Luffy becomes an Emperor? Or do you think he's just going to skip that altogether and go straight from regular pirate to pirate king without beating any emperors, claiming any territory or amassing any wide respect for his deeds pre pirate king?

you're splitting hairs dude

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mines ben diskin

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

His lanky All Might is loving amazing but I don't like his buff All Might that much tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SnS is very good and very stupid.