Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Stereotype posted:

So can we stop talking about guns and instead discuss who is going to be the next House Majority Leader?

Daniel Webster (R-FL), (the country's only) noted crusader against no-fault divorce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

StandardVC10 posted:

So it's not going to be the empty suit from Bakersfield? I should know who Kevin McCarthy is since I live in CA, but I really don't.

That is McCarthy. :haw:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DeusExMachinima posted:

Where's the party that takes the (100% correct) "poo poo happens" attitude on guns, 18+ drinking, terrorism, drugs, police sobriety checkpoints, etc etc? I want to vote for that guy.

Google Ron Paul

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

MaxxBot posted:

I used to consider myself a libertarian because I support that stuff but then I found out that 99% of libertarians don't give a gently caress about those issues, they just want low taxes and no business regulations.

Don't forget the marijuana!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

McCarthy faced only token opposition in Florida Rep. Daniel Webster

Impertinence! Perfidy! :argh:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Kro-Bar posted:

Oklahoma finally removed the monument of the Ten Commandments that was on the Capitol grounds. Hilariously the monument hasn't even been paid for yet.

Does this mean no Ganesh statue either? :negative:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

sullat posted:

I hate to criticize a clever thread title, but surely Henry Kissinger is the first to claim that honor?

Doctor Henry Kissinger Pbuh was not in the chain of command. :colbert:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

If you're okay with bombing future Nobel prize winners, you could count Begin bombing the PLO (and, by proxy, Arafat) during the Lebanon War.

Sounds like a strong contender, but I might have to give the victory to Obama.

Edit: and sir posting immediately above me, I'd totally read that open source material.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Why didn't you bold "Morris told the court that the statute that makes bank robberies illegal is invalid"?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

foobardog posted:

And now, Belgium houses the EU, and use Germany as their attack dog to control Europe.

Follow the leads! Those frites-eaters are playing us all like fiddles!

It would make a certain amount of sense if all the competent Belgians were in the EU bureaucracy instead of the national government.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Why would anyone compromise with gun owners when they currently have every possible favorable law. Seriously, what's left for gun owners to get? RPGs? Legal silencers? Compromise is predicated on being able to offer something to both parties. There's nothing that could be offered to gun owners that isn't even more batshit insane than our current laws.

I mean, in the modern world it's real difficult for the average citizen to help with the security of a free state if they don't have Stinger missiles to take down aircraft.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

...Am I under some sort of extremely bizarre gypsy curse?

First Webster, now Flores. If Jon Kyl, retired Senator, throws his hat in the ring, I'm looking up exorcists in the yellow pages.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

VirtualStranger posted:

I still don't know who those other 3 losers are or why they're allowed to be onstage when they're all polling under %1.

Martin O'Malley is a backup Clinton, in case she and presumably Sanders are struck by a meteor.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

That's a weird way to spell Joe Biden

The Republicans already lost one establishmentarian and another is sinking beneath the waves, what if that happened to the Democrats? :ohdear:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

Here's the thing: those regulators (or at least their bosses) don't want to do something about them. The system is working as the higher ups intended.

I'm sure that any government employee who actually tried to fight the illegal provisions would find their job in jeopardy in a hurry. More likely though the law is written in a way that omits the ability to take any enforcement action, which is an intentional oversight by the architects of the bill to prevent a bureaucrat from messing up their giveaway to businesses.

I'm not quite that cynical. I suspect it's more of an FDA situation - sure, they may get around to some of those cases someday, but they don't have the funding or manpower to do it in a timely fashion or cover even a remotely sensible fraction of reported violations. This is admittedly still working as designed - heck, as long as occasional prosecution happens, that's a great way to argue that the system works just fine and is adequately funded!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Larry Lessig wants you to know that he's decided to be a bit more realistic about his run for the presidency. He is no longer campaigning on resigning after passing his agenda.

If only he listened more to Brian Boyko. :negative:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Aerox posted:

God bless Harry Reid.

John Boehner must hate Reid today almost as much as he hates the House GOP.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Boon posted:

The best part about betting in the affirmative there is that if you are wrong, you'd lose a bunch of your cash presumably right before you lost your job.

Counterpoint: if you're wrong, the only sensible investment is firearms to start your Mad Max militia while the getting is good.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

evilweasel posted:

He could fudge and say enough of them support him to count (51%) even if they do not endorse him as a caucus. But I doubt he would, he left himself this out for a reason.

Whereupon John Boehner wraps his arms around Paul Ryan's (slender) legs and begs to be let out of this nightmare.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/polltr...campaign=buffer

ABC/WaPo poll has trump up for the nomination AND general

Know what, I think Boosted C5 might have been on to something when he surrendered, went completely round the bend, and became a prophet of the Trumpocalypse.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

OAquinas posted:

Only more orange.

Google image search is unhelpful, so I'm curious: where is this gif originally from?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'm really impressed with Trump right now.

If Rubio's not having weekly war council segments devoted specifically to "how do I keep Donald Trump from adding my decapitated head to the pile", he's in deep trouble.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Magugu posted:

and Fred Durst was a master lyricist.

Oh poo poo, I didn't know Assad was a goon.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

TheQat posted:

Rubio will be the nom pretty sure

I'm not convinced he can stump the Trump, but ever since the first debate I've been pretty confident he's the establishment's only hope.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Somewhere, Eric Cantor is smiling.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

fade5 posted:

I mean after we rescued all the hostages/prisoners from the prison that's basically what we did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBJZmI1O2T4

Starting to wonder if you just have a big playlist of all your favorite Daesh-directed explosions.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

I feel bad for him because his the most competent in their deck and he is practically ignored.

Him or maybe Pataki.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Weird to refer to O'Malley as a real candidate.

He'd be a pretty serious candidate if, you know, Clinton and (nonrunning) Biden didn't exist. His timing just sucks - ain't a lot of room for "semi-boring establishment Democrat" this election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Know who else uses arbitration? Islamic court in the US!

Oddly, this gets more airtime than corporate arbitration.

• Locked thread