Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Mr E posted:

How is everyone's vidjas going this month?

Finished Guacamelee and now playing La Mulana which owns hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

:psyduck:

what

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I haven't really seen any attempt at humor in La Mulana but Guacamelee was worse than Borderlands 2

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Did something moderately offensive happen and trigger you?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

god dammit adam bowen you couldn't even wait one goddamn page??

I meant in terms of the endless references. The game was good though.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

precision posted:

games has really gone downhill if nobody is gonna ice burn me for this, especially since it's actually true :wooper:

your girlfriend is probably going to look like this

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Nasgate posted:

Having only played one of those games, and watching plenty of the other, i have to say that Blizz is still good at "easy to pick up" but not at all good at "hard to master"

You should be making a shitload of money on the tournament circuit if it's that easy for you to master either of those games.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Since it's not hard to master those games I assume you've already done so, so it oughta be pretty easy for you to pick up the $100k from the Hearthstone tournament at least. And there was just a $1 million HOTS tournament which you must have picked up some cash from so :shrug:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

dwarf fortress was at the moma lol

It's out of place there because it required some actual thought and effort to create

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

References are fine, but when there's hardly a screen or a sentence that isn't a reference to something it gets pretty lame. Apparently making that point means that I'm worked up into a rage though

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Did you not catch all of the references in the dialogue and story?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

also I accidnetally spent :10bux: on some dlc because i picked the wrong thing and didnt realize my visa was linked to my xbl account :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The philosophers legacy is hidden in the white house, someone go put on a solid snake outfit and try to sneak in

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The once mighty Taint Reaper, reduced to crawling on his hands and knees and begging anybody to please let him reap one last taint, just to remember what it felt like before they shove him into a retirement home to die.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's a AAA studio using a unique setting, they deserve some credit for that at least.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Your wife is cucking you with your roommate

hth

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

poo poo, I thought this was the imp zone tryout sorry

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

And I used my loving shift key on that post too epic fail

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Is that a GBS thing? I haven't read GBS in 10 years, it's just a catchphrase I notice the imp zoners using a lot

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

on the contrary, i actually hope its full of powerful guns, epically huge niggers to shoot with them, and the kind of fresh, incisive criticism of gender theory that can only come from dangerous young minds untainted by higher education

poo poo like this is why progressive is a bad word now

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

That kind of stuff owns and makes me want to play some asscreed but then I remember how bad the actual games are

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

ubisoft is a far cry from a good studio

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

precision posted:

mass effect 4 and far cry cavemen will both actually probably be really fuckin good

like i know it's rad to spend your whole time at the record store flipping through obscure krautrock but you gotta keep in mind some bands that are on major labels and sell a lot of records are there because they are actually pretty good music

kinda weird to see the same exact rockism vs. poptimism crap when nerds talk about da video games

And some major label acts are just boring poo poo

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Broseph Brostar posted:

girls can be gamers but gamers can't be girl gamers, your vagina has nothing to do with playing video games and has nothing to do with you being a gamer, if you call yourself a "girl gamer" instead of a gamer then you are most likely after extra privileges for being a girl like free gear, getting carried etc and as such you deserve to be ridiculed. If you use your gender in-game to achieve a positive reaction for yourself then you have to take the negative with the positive.

good point

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

games

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

here are my real thoughts about the asscreed storyline that I have actually put effort into thinking and posting

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Someone should tattoo a list of all the star citizen ships they've bought with the prices

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

Doom Devolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Actually Duke Nukem 3d loving owned and even DNF wasn't any worse than any other bland console fps

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The campaign was mediocre and way too loving easy but no more so than call of duty or halo or any other two-weapon with regenerating health console FPS. Plus it had that one level where you get shrunk and at least that was something different

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Jump and then kick or get them in the corner and low kick until they die, ultimate strategy happy to help

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Nasgate posted:

For me it seems like a single terrible design choice, not overall. Namely that they decided max resolution armor on everyone outweighs having the ground look like the ground. I agree smoothness is good, but consistant visuals are also important to smoothness. They should've lessened the overall resolution and increased the resolution of the floor to match. As it stands, turning looks janky regardless of 60fps. The heavy pop in is also detrimental imo, since you have twitchier gameplay. Idk about you, but I would immediately duck for cover and scope in if I saw that in the corner of my eye.

Agreed though that heavy variable resolution is rad, especially for fps since you can almost unload what is behind the player.

My point about 60 vs 30 visualy is that I'll never know if I'm not told. I've never played a game and been like "hmmm, this must be 30 fps". Yes some games are smoother, but that's not always fps.

Every single 60 vs. 30 fps problem could be solved by just having a counter at the top left that says "FPS: 60" regardless of whether it's actually 60 or not. All of the retards who won't play a game if it isn't 60 FPS wouldn't know the difference.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I just discovered in the last couple of weeks how much Spelunky loving owns. Are there any other rogue-lite or whatever games that own this hard?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Binding of Isaac is pretty good but I am still mad that I paid for the janky original version and then they expect $15 more for the improved one.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

30fps isn't a dealbreaker but it's always very obvious to me if a game runs at 30 vs 60, in fact I'm surprised that some people apparently can't tell the difference.

Yeah just like the difference in quality is very obvious to an av retard who spends $8000 for a set of cables for his speakers that have been blessed by a yogi to remove all the negative emotion toxins

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Minorkos posted:

but i can also do that. or well, i can tell if its locked 30 fps, and i can also tell if it's locked 60 fps, and i can also tell if it's somewhere in between though there's like a 5-10 fps margin of error there

edit: i mean i don't think i'm counting the frames in my head or anything, i'm just checking how smoothly stuff moves in the game world and making an estimation based on that. i've more or less memorized how smooth 20, 30, 40 or 60 fps looks using commands like cl_showfps 1

Confirmation bias

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

There are people who actually buy games because of fps and graphics and poo poo which means they are probably retards who are in it for the epic story :lol:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Someone demonstrate that the forums run at less than 60fps so these retards will go away

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

my favorite game of all time is The Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The Wii U only has a one year head start but it has at least a dozen good games and the ps4/bone together have 2 or 3. The NX is going to own too

• Locked thread