Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

For a moment I thought the blurb said that Stormfiends were "a hilarious combination of bio-engineering and sadistic techno-magic" and I prefer it that way tbh.
I mean, have you seen the little brain-rats on their backs? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
C'mon Rat Catcher. Kruber needs a Small, but Vicious Dog buddy. :3:

And a halberd.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think they're talking about that spooky skull helmet Kruber has. It was from a Knight of Morr, I think. I'm guessing that would be precluded by the generic knight class.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Tomes don't carry any malus, but they do take up your healing potion/medkit slot. You can freely swap them for health items though and you won't lose them. You can heal up and pick the tome back up. Grimoires take a third of your health each. There are trinkets that help mitigate this. Additionally, if someone tosses their grimoire away, the missing health is immediately refunded, but it's gone for good.

Bogart posted:

if i dont get victor i'll die. i'll just die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr-RAVozAM
:wink:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm late to the party, but :pcgaming: HALBERD :pcgaming:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Age of Sigmar is trash and always will be. :colbert:

What they did to slayers is a drat travesty. They somehow managed to make them boring. :geno:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing the 3 was a typo because 30k is a really specific period within the 40k setting/story. Anyways, no, AoS and 40k do not mix. AoS is an insane trash setting that's tens of thousands of years after the destruction of the Old World and is in space/alternate magical dimensions or something along those lines. It makes no sense and has no stakes because everything is infinite.

40k recently went through some big changes, but is still the same setting at its core. A little more hosed up and now there are bigger marines because reasons. The big marines are dumb. The game is much better in 8th than it was in 7th though. 7th was awful and drove me into 30k instead which is cool and good, but expensive as hell and stuck with a legacy ruleset.

Night10194 posted:

It's cool and good when Markus Kruber, dude with a mustache and some honest steel, kills the hell out of an 8 foot robot that used to be a champion of the Dark Gods.
Stuff like this is why I always wanted an Empire army and now there's no way I'll get around to it. :smith:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 1, 2018

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

I mean, from what I remember hearing, it very much didn't work at first, and AOS wasn't selling until the top brass was beheaded and replaced and the game got a very popular new ruleset.
The ruleset is still the same and therefore still bad, but they added points and have been supporting the game well enough. They basically had no idea what they were doing and treated AoS as a beta test for the big 40k overhaul in 8th. And killed WHFB to do it. I still can't fathom how they thought it was a good idea to release the game without points or any semblance of an attempt at balance. It was seriously just "throw models onto a table and mash them together" The Game. It's an up-jumped skirmish game and winds up as a big, stupid scrum in the middle of the board because most units are melee-only with no bonuses for flanking. Ranged units can just target anything they want, including characters, and can even shoot while in combat; it had always been possible to tie them up in melee, but not anymore. AoS also managed to inherit the worst part of 7th edition 40k, formations. :vomarine:

40k 8th is fun and I like where they've gone with the setting well enough. Except for the bigger marines, they're really dumb. In all honesty, AoS needs a complete overhaul to make it more like 40k 8th. That won't happen though because GW has some weird idea that they're beyond editions now and so AoS is stuck with this poo poo.

If AoS had just been some weird-rear end spin-off skirmish game it would've been fine. From what I've heard, it works really well as a small-scale skirmish game. Instead, here we are. :smith:

Bring back WHFB, GW. All Some will be forgiven.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Fatshark keeps a Book of Grudges?
You don't? :psydwarf:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

they are football players
Stinkmen

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Please don't doxx me, BLAMBLAM. It's rude.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

We're all victor in here boyo. He's the default goon character for sure
Kruber. :c00lbert:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Grondoth posted:

It's so fuckin' weird to see people obsessing over how having a flamethrower is the thing that makes an ironbreaker an ironbreaker when it's a totally new thing they put in during the event that destroyed warhammer fantasy
The final Dwarf army book was months before the End Times. :colbert: But, yeah, Ironbreakers and Irondrakes were two separate units, but they shared the same kit and more-or-less the same armor so whatever. Bardin had the pistol variants in the last game and it's not like rangers were supposed to have those.

I was just starting a Dwarf army when End Times first hit. :negative: They sat unbuilt until I finally got around to selling them off.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand. Is Kruber holding Bardin back from rat bashing? Why would he do that?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

Holding him back from elf bashing.

Safety Factor posted:

Why would he do that?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This line had better make it into 2. :colbert:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Captain Mediocre posted:

So I'm the one in my group that wasn't really fussed about class and as a result I've been shoehorned into the bright wizard. What is my role, and what would an ideal bright wizard on your team be doing?

e: VT2

Yardbomb posted:

Lightin motherfuckers up.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Elfs were a mistake.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How's the halberd? Is it mercenary Kruber only? :ohdear:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:pcgaming: Halberd :pcgaming:

I can't wait until I have reliable internet again. I want to bash rats.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
To be accurately represented, a hellblaster should have a chance to misfire and explode, killing the entire group.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Anyone have any gifs handy that I can use to show this game off to my friend who I'm trying to convince to buy this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr-RAVozAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

And of course, Saltzpyre fell in love with Sienna and that's why she's still around and they're going to get married after this game's over. they murder Archaon and stop the End Times.
I can dream. :allears:

• Locked thread