Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So I guess pre-ordering doesn't get you into the beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

GuyUpNorth posted:

It gets you at least one week of beta, but as of now it's keys only.

Eh... that kinda sucks...

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Skandranon posted:

There is no pleasing some people... You can buy a beta key from G4A (or wherever was mentioned earlier in the thread) for a dollar if you MUST play the 1 level available right now.

Not giving access to your beta(s) when you pre-order a game is kinda stupid in TYOL 2015 ;)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Skandranon posted:

I should get access to any and all private or public testing for Fallout 4 when I preorder it, or I don't want the game. FFS, it's 2015!

Absolutely.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Game owns.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised how solid the Stingray Engine is. Really good use of shader effects and more importantly it has TXAA out of the box. I might hate jaggies more than rats :v:

add me for rat stomping:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/stanleypain

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
When you loose in this game it feels so good :getin:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Game has gotten really crashy for me lately :(.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
WTB Dwarf only DLC Keg. The Dwarf carries a Keg on his back which he can plop down and everyone can drink from. Acts as a healing potion but also gets you drunk and blurs your screen.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jimbot posted:

Kind of wish they'd remove the bits that prevent you from going backwards on the map. More than one occasion we had a member get caught by that one rat guy and pulled away practically as they were moving off that fall or ramp or whatever have you. Since the rest of the team was already off it, they couldn't do anything to save the person. Those two elements don't gel well together.

Working as intended.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Freaking 2 Ogre spawns on Supply :/ Last one was right at the grain loading part.

Can't even be angry.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BombiTheZombie posted:

As far as i know the cursed die work the same way the Ranald's Blessing trinket works, just makes it less likely that you will find supplies in chests and spawnpoints. The tome/grim/cursed die mechanic is great and allows for a certain amount of choice when it comes to difficulty, but even if you run a straight out no grims/tomes map, you can still get dunked by the RNG spawning everything it has in one big blob.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BombiTheZombie posted:

Its a bit annoying when you get slammed through no fault of yours or your teams, but that's warhams for you.

Getting slammed by ridiculous spawns is the highlight of the game :)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Phrasing posted:

Is it just me or does the Bright Wizard suck?

Don't out yourself as a baddie in the thread like this..

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BombiTheZombie posted:

I wonder if this constitutes a "Major technical issue" that warrants a progression wipe?

Some people want to watch the world burn. Therefore, they should totally wipe everyone's progress :getin: :supaburn: :derp:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pimpmust posted:

Owners: 70,253 ± 6,934

Steadily going up by 10-20k a day before release. Games apparently on average make about 30% of their sales on pre-orders, so this is looking pretty good. Not sure if it's good enough for their budget though.

They're a small studio (4 people I think, which expanded to 11 IIRC). I'm pretty sure they'll do good by this game.

Speaking of bows, trueflight are great in HARD or easier. Once you move into friendly fire territory it's almost always a bad choice.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CJ posted:

I can understand zombies because apparently there are a whole lot of nerds who get really excited at the idea of butchering animated corpses, but i've never heard of someone wanting to kill an army of rat men. It just strikes me as a really bizarre theme to go with in terms of getting people excited to play your game.

EDIT: I know the lore is about a city getting overrun by rat men, but the developers still had to make the decision to make it a game about about a city being attacked by rat men. That's the part i find weird.

Are you trolling or just being willfully ignorant?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Shield is amazing. It basically hits everything in front of you and staggers. Never not shield bash.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CJ posted:

I agree that zombies are boring and played out, but you can't deny that there's a sizable population that are into the zombie apocalypse fantasy who will buy games that have zombies in them, it has an inbuilt audience. You can't say the same thing for the rat killing fantasy. I think the idea of making a left 4 dead style game in a fantasy setting is good, and the random loot is a cool idea to keep it interesting. I just think a large problem with this type of game is that it gets pretty repetitive, and having every enemy be a rat doesn't help - even though there's some with guns and rat-ogres and stuff, they're still visually rats. I don't know that much about Warhammer lore so maybe it's great if you're a Warhammer fan, but from an outside perspective i feel it would be better to make the enemy faction the Chaos, since they had a variety of enemies like the evil knight guys, the mutant warriors, the evil mages and demons. Even if what i'm saying is completely unfounded and the rats don't get boring because they have tons of personality, i still think it's easier to sell a game where you fight lots of different stuff than a game where you fight rats, rats and more rats.

It's a bit of a nonsensical argument though. I could turn around and say that a zombie shooter would be much better if it had dogs, and cats, and cars, and was more of an open world RPG instead of a zombie shooter. Or like you didn't get to play an Orc, or a Dick Elf in the game Space Marine, because you were too busy being a Space Marine.

This game is called Vermintide, it set in a particular time within the Warhammer Fantasy world where Skaven are loving poo poo up. That's why there are so many rats.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's obvious that Fatshark's next move should be to remake War of the Roses, just Warhammer

Please take my money now.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 21, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pimpmust posted:

Didn't someone state that they had expanded to 11 people, from 4?

Someone being Stanley Pain.

Apparently I was wrong or misread or something :shobon: 50 total in the company (from their AMA).

They make other games too though, so maybe 4 leads + some underlings working on this title alone?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
IRC is stupid poo poo for people still stuck in 90's Internet land. Perhaps we should go play some MUDs too? :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fans posted:

Having played the Elf last night using the SIngle Sword weapon, I must sadly announce the Elf is good and everyone is terrible for disliking them. It's a murder machine.

Yeah the single sword is pretty drat good. Really great at single target , small aoe cone damage. Overhand swings also have the added effect of chopping things into smaller things ><

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Please play with friends, it solves pretty much all the issues and you get to laugh heartily when the game proceeds to skull gently caress you with a Rat Ogre, swarm and 3 specials :getin:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Stop being anti-social butt wads. Stop playing with the unwashed masses. Start getting into mumble, irc, steamchat, or sending smoke signals to goons to play fun game with friends.

If you have a bad online experience you're the only person to blame ;)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I really hated the elf until I started playing her more. She's really good at dealing with certain specials. You just have to remember you have gently caress all for AOE damage for the most part. You also have to be decent at aiming both with the bow and your swords/daggers.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

This was the primary complaint that I dropped while filling out the beta feedback form. The game works fine, but the special spawns are out of control. There needs to be a global cap on them or something.

No there doesn't. Part of the charm is that sometimes you just get hosed.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gimnbo posted:

If the missions weren't at least a half hour investment I'd be more okay with random acts of fuckery. As it is, having 20 minutes of progress go to waste because you rolled a 1 on the bullshit die is incredibly frustrating to me.

I guess it depends on what your definition of fun is. This isn't a game about fairness. I find a good part of the charm for me is knowing that just around the corner can be a death.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coolguye posted:

I don't even get what the gently caress you're talking about here. We were talking about checkpoints for dying, such as in Left 4 Dead. If you alt-f4 that game you're starting at the most recent campaign map (checkpoint), or, more likely, the start of the campaign. There's no way you are not losing time by dying, the question is how much. A quick restart to 5 minutes ago is entirely different to a 90 second restart to 30 minutes ago. You sound more like you're not in favor of host migration here.

This definition and the other major definitions are not mutually exclusive. I'll go out on a limb here and say that most folks would probably not be excited about this game if it were super easy. I'd go so far to say as most people don't really care that they get their poo poo pushed in by the game. Hell, I'd say that's probably a primary draw. But if you're going to give me all these weapons and stuff, it's a reasonable deal to ask for a say in the matter when you come to murder me. I lost a game on Normal yesterday because the game spawned 2 Pack Masters and 2 Gutter Runners that all alpha'd the gently caress out of our team during a Rat Ogre fight, less than 3 seconds from first disable to last disable. I don't feel like we really had a say in that particular murder.

Yeah, having no say in a death is exactly the point at times. It's very much what gives this game a lot of its atmosfear ( :haw: )

Host migration and checkpoints aren't exactly the same thing. Yes, internally they might be checkpoint saving your progress for host migration, but outside of that instance I don't want a progression checkpoint system. This goes back to my first point being a good portion of the charm of this game is the sudden death scenario. It adds a bit of urgency to everything too. You don't like it that's fine, but I think you're in the minority here.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Man, all these cry babies crying about how some things are "unfair" in this game. Git Gud Scrubs. If you're losing a run on normal the problem isn't the game it's you. Or you're playing with randoms which is even more your fault then just being bad ;).

The peeps I play with (who carry the everloving gently caress out of me :xd: ) might wipe maybe 1/10 times on hard? Over the weekend with Lewtt I think we played like all day just running Hard Horn and didn't wipe once. Nightmare probably 3/10. Looking forward to getting better and getting Cataclysm runs on farm status.

One thing that is really pissing me off about this game is that before any patches it ran flawlessly and now it's a crap shoot on how many times I need to reload the game to get it stable. Also something with the netcode makes enemies show up in incorrect locations for me. Like I'll try to move and be "stuck" with nothing around me and a second later there's 10 rats around me and I'm dead. This doesn't happen when I host, but happens often when someone else is hosting and has gotten progressively worse as the game's been patched up.

Can't wait for launch today!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The best place for Horn is on top of the horn platform. You can see stuff coming from both sides and you just need one person to check to make sure nothing has dropped in behind you.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon Curdistan posted:

:what:

The issue isn't that it spawns several specials, it's how swingy it is. Sometimes it spawns barely any, sometimes it spawns way too many. They just need to up the consistency of the specials spawns so it's 2-4 instead of 0-6, or whatever.

Anything that moves the game away from being able to min/max any given situation because you can guess to within a very good probability what's going to spawn/happen is OK with me. If that means the game is "swingy" as heck I'm all for it. I don't want the game to devolve into Entering Area A move to corner B, wait 30 seconds for X or Y to spawn, blah blah blah blah..

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elpato posted:

Thanks for the responses, fellas. Can anyone tell me if the trueshot arrow pierces targets on the way to its locked target? Am i getting the right idea to target a dude at the back of the pack to get some multishots in?

I'm not a big fan of the TrueFlight arrows mainly because I can't control exactly how and what I want to shoot/pierce. They also have a tendency to have wide arcs when you shoot them which becomes a huge problem in nightmare. Hitting all 3 of your teammates because the arrow decided to go a round about way to your target really sucks. Learn to love the standard longbow ;)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry that I've stolen all the loot and have fully kitted out every character with blues and oranges.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheQat posted:

This game is real fun

Azerban posted:

loot is a crutch

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Night10194 posted:

People who buy games and then come up with elaborate means not to actually play their game puzzle me enormously. Always be hitting rats.

Yeah, it's one thing to run an exploit a few times just to game the system a bit. That's pretty normal human behavior. It's a completely different thing to run something for 16+ hours because your need for loot or something far exceeds your ability to have fun ;).

I pine for the days of playing games for fun. :allears:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

You have a broken brain and you're ugly. HTH.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's pretty easy to spot when a group is going to get dunked or not. Ask them to stick together, and when you hit your first horde/ambush take a look at what they do. If you end up naturally creating a murderball things will probably go smoothly. If they're all over the loving place, press ESC and move on ;).

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone who thinks that the Elf's ranged weapons are bad is probably really bad at aiming ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tokubetsu posted:

It's not bad but hard to compete when you're teammates have already blasted the special or stormvermin away with some godlike hand canon by time you let go a draw.

This goes back to my previous post. Only when you fully embrace the inner Legolas will you truly be set free. ;)

• Locked thread