Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I thought I remembered a page or something referencing some ranking and brief summary of the demiurges being discussed. I tried looking for it but didn't have any luck. Does anyone have a link or am I just misremembering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Tollymain posted:

gog-agog genuinely figured allison was going to beat these folks without breaking a sweat

I could definitely see this. Gog: "Oh, those guys were haaaaaard? I didn't knooooow! I thought you were just putting on a good show, because that's what I would do and I'm reeeaaally great!"

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

3 posted:

My space child made it in and now I'm vibrating irl. RIP to all the really fuckin' good entries that didn't make it in, I'm hardcore imposter syndroming rn

I really like your character and art, glad you made it!

blastron posted:

Oh, I made the cut! Here’s my submission:

Looking forward to watching people beat up an old man.

The premise of this guy fighting with sound and tones is pretty cool and I like it!

WereGoat posted:

Woo, my frog made it in!

Excited!

There really were a ton of awesome submissions, gonna be interesting following along the tourney of worms see what could have been.

Wanna know more about frogger or anyone else here who will be participating.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Related to Fei or unrelated, I am pretty sure I would read a regular comic if you did one, thank you for posting this one here.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

This may be my favorite, uh, "episode?", yet! Really loving your work, art, and characters!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-9-105/

The arena, it was nice while it lasted.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

This was a real good SA joke, but yeah, 3's comic is extremely badass.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

When do we get more K6BD?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Dog Kisser posted:

Solomon David

Solomon Shave-ed

lol

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

thank you this is the best thing

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

862 Keeps Slipping In The Shower

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

lol is this another achewood reference? it feels like it but i thought it was funny either way

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Here's a guess - Salami Dave the Demiurge can not bleed, or can keep himself from doing so. At some point in all of this some one, probably one of the main cast, will cut or injure him ever so slightly, but there will be no blood. That's his big catch 22.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Also this is so true, sometimes it's hard to appreciate because its just par for the course for K6BD, but Abbadon is like a team of workhorses.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

He thinks he wants to find someone who can beat him. I don't think he'd be intentionally duplicitous about the terms of the game.

Maybe, but it would be in line with the "somethings gonna piss everyone off by the end of this chapter" Operant said.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't think so, because remember; He's not done winning. I think he fundamentally wants someone to take the empire off his hands so he can go back on his own path.

Yeah I don't necessarily think my guess was right, just something I thought of as a possible twist. However, if I remember right, Gog said Salami Dave will "grant your wish" which doesn't necessarily mean "take over his empire"? It might have said that specifically somewhere else but I don't remember the page.

Here's where Gog was explaining it to Allison, which is what I remember off the top of my head.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-7-64/

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I swear I've read somewhere he's looking for someone to take the empire off his hands via the tournament, but damned if I can remember where now. I think maybe the chapter where he's showing off the empire to Zaid, maybe?

edit: Found it; It's at the start of King of Swords, he makes a point that if someone wants the Crown they can come claim it by blood. Spilled that is, not hereditary - https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-1-3/.

Good find! Looks like even there he is saying the winner of the tournament could have anything they wish. It is heavily implied that it would mean inheriting the empire is Dave's intentions, with which they could get whatever they wanted, as opposed to just being granted a random wish. A little vague though, probably on purpose, since later Allison says she doesn't want the empire per say, but is willing to enter the tournament to get what she wants.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

IMJack posted:

Witness me!!!

Was thinking the same thing, lol.

Also I hate the "I'm so cool I just stand with my hands behind my back during an incoming attack" over-confidence move about as much as the "I just blew poo poo up and made an explosion, but just walk away from it without looking back" over-confidence move, but, at least here it fits Salami Dave as a character who has been built up as opposed to the usual "lets just make this person look cool" move.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That grin in the last panel put an idea in my head and I had to excise it with five minutes of photoshop;

lol

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Nilbop posted:

Queen of Thrones - White Chain Discovers Pooping.

lol

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Duodecimal posted:

Wonder how many times Gog is showing the slow motion replay.

I was thinking the same thing even if we don't see it happen in comic.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Does anyone even know what Jadis can do in a fight these days? She barely manages to whisper questionably deciphered prophecies while wishing for death. As far as I understand it she was really powerful back in the day, but now not much at all if it comes down to a straight up brawl.

My guess is that at some point somehow her encasement gets broken or shattered and she lets loose one last big suicide attack. Maybe bring in some followers for fodder? I don't think the moral support will amount to much at this point unless it's the answer on how to overcome the current situation.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Reach tenure through violence

*Stabs someone and takes their degree off the wall*

"I am now a... *looks down at the paper* certified doctor of anthropology."

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Ms. Cool Ice

hah, nice

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

behold the ultimate Salami Dave Beard Edit;

lol

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

gently caress you Operant, got me unironically listening to Opeth

Dammerung posted:

Could be worse, one of the earlier pages got me into Nile and then I fell down a metal rabbit hole and was unironically listening to a band called "Cattle Decapitation" this morning.

These are good bands I'm not sure what the problem is here?

Might as well say "dammit Operant for getting me to read a great comic".

:colbert:

Tulip posted:

Opeth owns, deal with it (by listening to Opeth)

:hmmyes:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I was going to make a shirts vs skins joke but then I realised that a majority of people in this fight aren't wearing shirts.

:drat:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Allicio N' Chains

:nice:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Walrus Pete posted:

The only thing I hate is that this thread refuses to stop loving bringing this up.

Doesn't really bother me but the repeated "Royalty is...(something something)" posts definitely annoy me.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I'm feeling like hundreds of Gog's doing a "regular attack" could be just as more effective then one person doing a "super attack".

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

nimby posted:

If DBZ taught me anything it's that splitting yourself up to launch a lot more attacks that are individually weaker never works out.

Good thing that neither Gog (I am assuming) or I have ever spent any time watching DBZ.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

lol if anyone neglected to click this to see it in full they need to

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

You're not wrong mottom, you're just an rear end in a top hat

paranoid randroid posted:

mark it zero, incubus

Asgerd posted:

Say what you will about the tenets of Sword Law, but at least it's an ethos.

TwoPair posted:

This is what you get Mottom! This is what you get when you gently caress a worm queen in their pride!

Gog: "This aggression will not stand, man!"

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

Maybe that guy has a point, he keeps posting and none of those reps have made his posts any better

lol

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

I had no idea 20020 existed until now and I must read it ASAP

holy hell same 17776 was uniquely amazing and this has me excited

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

After having read 17776 years ago and just having found out about and finished 20020 I must say it is just as good or better and I am looking forward to the next part. Jon Bois is excellent.

Also I mean this as encouraging, not critical, but anyone thinking that you wouldn't like those stories because you don't like football or sports is sort of like thinking that you won't like an amazing meal because you don't like the plate it came on. If you think the plate is cool, bonus, but it's really not the point.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

The song "Baby Got Back" (1992) by Sir Mix-A-Lot passes the Bechdel Test.

lol, nice

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Hempuli posted:

the spinoff comic where they all live as roommates and wacky hijinks ensue.

The goofball and straight man type sitcom taken to the extreme where Jadis is the ultimate straight man just sitting there in her ice block with no response to anything while Gog loses her poo poo trying to entertain and get laughs to no avail.

It probably would be good for like one episode but it takes the trope about as far as it can go.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Hempuli posted:

The demiurge party:

- Mottom broods on the sofa all night, getting drunk on really expensive red wine and hurling insults at everyone who's nearby
- Solomon David joins for half an hour out of a sense of obligation, downs a bottle of vodka way too quickly but uses special breathing to instantly metabolize it. Then he goes to his room to meditate, check his stocks and powernap so that he can be perfectly fresh tomorrow
- Jadis is being kept in a corner; Gog and Incubus cool their drinks on her crystal casing
- Mammon has curled up in front of the fireplace and sleeps soundly throughout, like the good dog he is
- Gog is either on the dance floor, daring other guests to drink with her or taking embarrassing pics of other guests and publishing them immediately on instagram
- Jagganoth sits in a different corner, reading philosophy
- Incubus arrives 3 hours late, materializing from a pool of vomit and immediately steals a lighter and some cigarrettes from a passed-out guest. He either parties or tries to hit on other people

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

*Watching "The Empire Strikes Back" *

"I can't believe this bullshit Star Wars rip off..."