Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Salami Dave: Well, it's obvious by this point you can't beat me. Now let's go discuss things like civilized beings so that I-
White Chain: Shut the gently caress up; this fight was never about me beating you.

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Drunk Theory posted:

Yes. But why did 60% of the audience still explode?

They're not as skilled at breathing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

AHHHH
HELL YEAH

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, she straight up said two pages before this that she doesn't have to win (under his terms) to win (achieve her goal). For her, this fight stopped being about him and his goals awhile ago.

I expect that she has not actually physically cut him and drawn blood. And I also expect that anything he'll attempt to do to her following this will fail, because she's achieved Royalty, while he can only hesitate in chasing it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Why does Solomon David, the largest of the six billion demons, not simply eat the others?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Omobono posted:

I don't think this is possible*.
To not disappoint Salami, an offspring would have to be his dead daughter.

*:thejoke:

Now I'm thinking about that time Salamiman Dave's sons wanted to stop for McDonald's.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

:hmmyes:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

The saddest thing on this page isn't that Solomon Dave didn't get his wish and is still trapped in the prison he built for himself.

The saddest thing on this page is that Allison and the rest of her crew don't recognize White Chain. :smith:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Also, something just clicked for me a few minutes ago.

When White Chain was telling Dave that she didn't need to win in order to win, is it possible she was referring to earlier in the story when Allison was trying to teach her how to play poker?

Because poker is a game where you can still win even if you have a losing hand, you just need to play it right.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

MikeJF posted:

As a random aside, I never noticed the text on this page and the next:

Are they writing the story of Allison?

On the comic page right before the one you linked, YISUN asked the comment section where Allison was going, and all the answers in those two posts you quoted are responses from the comments section.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

That's a drat fine platonic friendship hug they got going on there.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

White Chain and Cio posted:

"What strange tongue is that? Is it the tongue of Los Angeles?"
"Ugh. Tis' called In-ge-lish. A horrible mess of a language for gape-a-gap idiots."
"Can you speak it?"
"Nay. Twas too odious a task."

The alt text posted:

In Cio's defense, coming from someone who taught it as a second language for years, English is in fact a horrible bastard language.

PMush Perfect posted:

A reminder: Cio is a master of the Red Art. Saying things in precise, specific ways is her whole deal.

And she still doesn't want to deal with learning English.

Rhaka posted:

A teacher back in high school asked me to help out the kids struggling with English. I had no idea how to help, I got good grades because I was a nerd reading D&D sourcebooks all the time. I couldn't clarify a single grammar rule because I didn't actually understand any English grammar.

I now write and teach writing for a living. Things haven't changed much. What a terrible language.

Tulip posted:

English is an incredibly imprecise language that has some great opportunities for stuff like poetry and comically bad for science and trade, despite it being the lingua franca of both of those.

Speaking as someone who grew up speaking English as my native tongue, this is all an absolutely fair and correct assessment. :hmmyes:

I forget where, but sometime either in high school or college, I heard it said that English doesn't borrow words from other languages, it drags other languages into dark alleys, beats them up, then rifles through their pockets looking for loose grammar.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Oh, I'm also looking forward to seeing how Lord Intra manages to turn the rock into air in the next verse of the Song of Maybe.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Lemony posted:

Lord Intra gathered his retainers, who were hungry for tutelage. “Lord Intra!” said the bearer of his kicks, “What is the first step on the path to Royalty?”

“There are no steps,” replied Intra, “It is zero-sum with your reality. It is not measured in court-lengths.”

“Lord Intra,” said his point guard, “Is the path to Royalty the path of struggle, then?”

“No,” said Intra, “One may attain it without any effort at all. It is, in fact, the antithesis of struggle.”

Intra’s shooting guard was very discontent with his master’s evasiveness. “Lord,” he said, “Allow us lowly men some small measure of understanding. For sympathy’s sake, and the sake of we good and loyal teammates, please tell us in plain language the nature of Royalty.”

“I will tell you precisely what Royalty is,” said Intra, “It is a continuous dunking motion.”

Lemony posted:

BALLER once played a pickup game with his disciple Hansa in BALLER's second clockwise glass court. Hansa was one of his most ardent students and a grand questioner of BALLER. Unlike BALLER's other disciple, Pree Ashma, he had no hunger in his heart for dominion of the universe, but a miserly scrutiny and a tight forward game. He was not an aspirant for royalty, and thereby attained it through little effort.

Hansa’s questions were thus:

‘Lord, how must I question space?’

‘With an age, a jammer may encircle a slammer five million times,’ spoke BALLER.

‘Lord, how then may I question time?’

‘A slammer's stride of a moment takes a jammer a week to surpass.’ BALLER spoke while dunking in the 4th way.

Hansa was discontent with this answer and bent to retie the laces of his sweet, catalogue only, kicks which he always kept with him and would eventually lead to his annihilation. Since he was royalty, he knew this, and wore them as a reminder of his circular death.

‘Lord, then which should I be, the slammer or the jammer?’

‘Both,’ spoke BALLER,’ or either, when it suits you. Destroy the grand enemy called ‘I’.’

Hansa contemplated this in silence. Later he would recount this proverb to his daughter.

:vince: :perfect: :hmmyes: :five:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

:regd08: because there was a tiny little bit missing from that edit.

A.o.D. posted:

Something about the way Jagganoth was just... squatting there... suggested this to me.

Lemony posted:

Beautiful, but I felt it needed just a tiny touch more:

Every time I feel like I'm ready to comment on this one, someone else comes along and reveals that it still has yet to achieve its final form. :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Incoming Chaos Dunk.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Oh dear. :ohdear:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Meti posted:

"Look yonder, at your butcher gods. Ten thousand men and women lie dead at their feet. Bask in their efficacy! Are they not spectacular at turning men into ghosts?

Behold! The awesome fires of God. The limitless power of pure creation itself. Look carefully! Observe how it is used for the same purpose a man might use an especially sharp rock."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Are we still supposed to be rooting for Jagganoth? I'm starting to doubt that he's the good guy.

I don't think we were ever supposed to be rooting for Jagganoth.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Reclaimer posted:

The real thing we would hate was the friends we made along the way.

The real thing we would hate was inside our hearts all along.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

FlocksOfMice posted:

It's sort of like Angel Densetsu, a comedy manga about a normal highschool kid who has a terrifying face so everyone assumes he's a gang leader constantly high on drugs. As the story goes on, more people learn he's actually a sweet boy who just gets dragged into shenanigans, and as it goes on, the artstyle changes and he starts looking more and more normal, until at the end he's barely differently drawn from the other characters.

This comment inspired me to track down and read Angel Densetsu, and I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for that, as it was a very fun read.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hm. Is Allison's right hand wearing a gauntlet, or is that a prosthetic hand?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

94 Sorrowful Orb Subdues the Unholy.

:orb:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Consider: there is no such thing as a lecture.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, even if we assume that Jaggs is telling the truth as he understands it, nuking a crowd of unarmed bystanders just to make an entrance and following up on that by stating your intention is to restart a war isn't the kind of first impression that predisposes one to say, "Hey, wait, let's hear him out first, and then give his idea a try."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

sirtommygunn posted:

He literally just killed hundreds of people for no reason.

Well, I'm sure he did have a reason, it's just not a good one by the standards of anyone, you know, not horribly broken on the inside by a lifetime of unending conflict and misery.

But yeah, Jagganoth absolutely came here with the intention of Starting Some poo poo, so he really doesn't have any room to bemoan how nobody understands him when they understand quite well that he's there to Start Some poo poo.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

The keys unlock power. They aren't power unto themselves. Zoss cast down the entire host of mega-Angels by himself before he crafted the first key. Solomon David slew his first Demi-urge solely with the power of Ki-Rata, and his magical kungfu bullshit has nothing to do with the key in his forehead.

Allison had the key of keys and was essentially useless for a sizeable chunk of this story. If you're royal enough, you don't need a key of kings to reshape the universe to your will.

Lord Intra was so royal he killed a nigh-unkillable gladiator with a clumsy, artless sword blow that was so incomprehensibly bad that his opponent didn't even register it as a real attack before being slain by it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Pretty sure people aren't objecting to the destruction of the stadium itself so much as they're objecting to all the people killed as collateral damage.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

okay but Jags being the blade as in "cutting the gordian knot" makes a whole lot of sense with the recent page

edit: and speaking of which:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1322383226799857664

Highly amusing alt text on this one.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ive always interpreted the last 3 panels as Zoss wondering who the hell these people are and realizing what the gently caress what he did and what just happened
and how "gently caress, i guess this is what were doing now then" his face looks.

I feel like it has an energy that's more along the lines of the start of a movie like "Dude, Where's My Car?" or "The Hangover." Zoss got supremely wasted, went on an epic adventure, crashed, just now woke up, doesn't remember anything that happened last night, and is coming to terms with the fact that now that he's sober, he has to figure out what the gently caress he got up to while he was blitzed off his rear end.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

:sickos:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Ok, who's the Yamcha of this group tho?

Gog-Agog. She'll get blasted and end up in the pose.

Then she'll reform a new body nearby and complain about how annoying that was.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

and a slightly more spoilerey one;

The only thing missing is the Hannah Barbara bongos sound effect. :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Mottom needs to start pulling her weight.

She already dunked on Incubus, what more do you want?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if Allison can cast Cure Serious Wounds or something.

"Behold! The awesome fires of God. The limitless power of pure creation itself. Look carefully! Observe how it is used for the same purpose a man might use an especially cheap roll of duct tape."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Well, poo poo.

Figures the one time they actually try to do the sensible thing, the plot raises its middle finger and tells them "no."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Spin the Reel and Laugh at Fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Reach Heaven through Margaritaville.