Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

A.o.D. posted:

That's the part Gog lies about. There are no people on her worlds, just her.

FuturePastNow posted:

I hear the person there feels good, satisfied, pretty, and happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Serious Gog is best Gog.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

(in a Valley girl accent)

Oh. My. Gog.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I'll have to disagree and say that Gog-Agog is easily the Goggiest gog in the agog, Gog-Agog.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Jagganoth sighs as he draws his [50,000] sword[s].

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

looking into the Aperture That Annihilates You Instantly and seeing the full breadth and depth of Gog's antics across every universe and timeline. you have chosen the Path of Shtick and there is nothing down it but pain.

When you gaze in to the Aperture, raise one hand in front of your nose as the Aperture is likely to attempt a double eye jab.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

That reminds me: does anyone have the tweet about defeating Bugs Bunny at they're own game by having a bigger schtick?

It feels apt for dealing with my pal (and yours!), Gog Agog.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

That's the one. Mottom's problem was being Daffy Duck a sourpuss.

Also Warner Bros Thanos is fantastic.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Gog Agog as a von Neumann machine and the End of World Party ending as grey goo.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

IMJack posted:

End of Evangelion ... Tang.

Trying to explain Evangelion safely to a small child.

"No, that's just raspberry cordial..."

"Um, Shinji is just sad he spilt his vanilla milkshake..."

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I wonder if Gog's weakness is that the kind of person who would take the worm willingly would be the kind of person who would feel out of control of their destiny and be easily absorbed into the mass.

Or be a furious dumbass who is incredibly in control of their destiny.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Moskau posted:

ftfy

but yes, serious Gog is suddenly a quite menacing presence

Gog remembering it all suddenly changes all the stuff she's said and done in the comic, from lolrandom to more "sigh, here we go again".

It adds something bleakly comedic to her slow response to Salami Dave pompously calling on her to honour the Pact of the Seven Part World.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

maswastaken posted:

The single most sinister thing right now isn't the implication in the other text that she's truly immortal, that we may now have to ask what form she had beforehand (is "this form" the worms or the simulacrum of a woman?) or even that Jadis is omniscient and didn't need to be colossal multiverse-spanning mass to know literally everything, so just how much does Gog know if she does. It's that font in Gog Agog's speech bubbles, without it being an impression.

I think we might not have touched on it during Jadis-chat, but it's likely she's only omniscient as far as the current spin goes. As far as she's aware, the world ends. Zoss spinning everything back (like a giant pencil in the cassette tape of reality) is from outside the wheel, so she doesn't know that's happening and maybe, due to her circumstances, is unable of becoming aware of it.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

In the chaos of the Universal War, all sorts of different weirdos can end up with a Key of Kings, but certain people are more disposed to it than others. It's always Jagganoth, but it's not always Mottom, for instance.

I know most everyone disagreed with my reading of this page:

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wheel-smashing-lord-1-3/

that Maya had a sense of having been killed by Jaggs in previous cycles at this juncture. Or at least that that Maya was voicing a literal truth she was personally unaware of though hyperbole.

But it does fit with the idea of the roles changing as perceived by Jaggs and Gog, and that Stinky isn't always a demiurge or maybe neither Maya or Stinks survive through each cycle.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

What was Gog's gimmick last reset? I'm gonna guess it was cottage core.

Vaporwave.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

dead gay comedy forums posted:

look Operant, the moment you have gods and the Absolute-in-Itself saying that They/It are liars, you definitely were setting yourself for a lot of nagging once you decided to have a Camusian amor fati conflict thing. lmao

Them's...uh...fightin' words? I..I think...

Kei Technical posted:

He should just go back to earlier in the comic and start rewriting it

Was it 8 Bit Theatre where the characters had a costume change and one of them claimed that nuh-uh, I was always wearing this outfit and the artist went back and edited the new costume into all the old comics?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

everything comes back to Homestuck

Never read it, so unlikely what I'm thinking of.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

oobey posted:

Oh, hell yeah, the fish is back! I don't give a poo poo about any of these whining losers anymore, Abaddon.

You want to know how to take K6BD to the next level? Step one is ditching the demiurges and all of that nonsense. Step two is all fish, all the time.

See, when Jadis saw the shape of the Wheel it was fish-shaped. She's not stuck in stasis or has been rendered inactive by her knowledge.

It just all the rest is boring compared to FISH.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I don't know how it got in my head but:

"When I smashed the wheel, Allison, I spoke...just...like....THIS!"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I've got 99 problems but a FISH ain't one.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Benagain posted:

oh good, I can actually post what I meant to post last time Jadis's omniscience started a derail but couldn't find.

Behold! a SFW oglaf that is exactly what everyone sounded like when they were debating the causal nature of Jadis!

https://www.oglaf.com/sooth/

No dicks; didn't read.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

its coming in on the horizon, from all directions!

Like Dolby surround sound but infinite nut shots.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bussamove posted:

“Thirty-five? That explains it. loving millennials.”

That's pretty much the tl:dr for the flavour text.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

No one has ever assumed a multi-armed warform by melding with angels and demons, either.

That's also just called the same thing.

Lol, tell me you don't have a warform without actually telling me you don't have a warform.

Just lmao.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Gog's disappointed little face there is amazing.

Still thinking eating a Gog worm is the way forward here. Maybe Gog is actually trying to get someone else to be Gog Prime, but it needs to be someone sufficiently and furiously dumbass-rear end.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Speaking of Blood Meridian, someone mentioned the Judge, but this bit that is about the only dip into Glanton's psychology is pretty apt:

quote:

He watched the fire and if he saw portents there it was much the same to him. He would live to look upon the western sea and he was equal to whatever might follow for he was complete at every hour. Whether his history should run concomitant with men and nations, whether it should cease. He'd long forsworn all weighing of consequence and allowing as he did that men's destinies are given yet he usurped to contain within him all that he would ever be in the world and all that the world would be to him and be his charter written in the urstone itself he claimed agency and said so and he'd drive the remorseless sun on to its final endarkenment as if he'd ordered it all ages since, before there were paths anywhere, before there were men or suns to go upon them.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

While that's true, there's something defiant and almost royal about it.

"...he was equal to whatever might follow for he was complete at every hour" is a sentence that has got stuck in my head since I first read the book.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Everyone in this thread is banned from eati g the worm for nerd cooties prevention

I was going to shelve it.

MikeJF posted:

Completely random aside, but I was rereading Story of your Life by Ted Chiang and now I'm wondering if the depiction of Jadis was in any way influenced by it (or even its movie adaptation Arrival, although that doesn't go into what it's like as deeply.)

Don't know about the book, but I remember watching Arrival and thinking "Yes, I too enjoyed Slaughter House 5."

Also, it seemed to be the alien equivalent of going to Europe and talking slowly and loudly in English to non-English speaking service staff.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

let's all go to the looooobby
let's all go to the looooobby
let's all go to the lo...

Don't talk, watch! Don't talk, watch!
You came here, watch it!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Arcanuse posted:

think gog asks people nicely because just eating people got boring a looooooong time ago

I bet it's just infomercials, except the solution to dropping bowls of Cheetos or fumbling juice containers is worms.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

blastron posted:

I like the idea of someone spending so long in a time loop that their sense of self-preservation is completely eroded away by a million inescapable deaths. 10,000 year Bill Murray finally gets out of the Groundhog’s Day loop and then gets pasted by the bus he no longer considers to be anything more than an inconvenience.

Gog-Agog is going to die, for real, in the most pointless way possible, utterly confident that she will once again wake up when the wheel spins back, yet another time. It will not be funny.

I reckon Gog would be all for a bathetic ending. She's had a billion years to set one up.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

oobey posted:

Bah, all this power creep makes me sick. Back in my day, 40 was all you needed to denote an unfathomably large quantity.

oobey watching Goku power up: it's over...uh...forty...

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

you cannot attain one, without the other...makes you think

Crouching in my garden, watching for wormsign, a halibut poised to strike above my head....

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

ScienceSeagull posted:

The Gogs can take any form so they could become mermaids, birds, fruit, et cetera, but I imagine that these are Gogs in human form wearing costumes (that are probably also Gogs) because it's funnier that way.

Gog's worlds are dedicated to manufacturing any conceivable costume or prop that might be required for the 'bit'.

Except those dedicated to nailing the choreography for the 'bit'.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Have you read to the end of that Hemingway yet? Because about that fish,

*not making eye contact" Santiago brings the giant marlin home and everyone is happy the end. The. End.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Me: Mum, can we get Cio?
Mum: We have Cio at home.

Cii at home:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Talking is a free action

The fight/talk phenomenon was described in the late '80's:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Skill: combat feasting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

MikeJF posted:

I feel like Operant really likes things ripping apart to reveal something and then viscera going plp plp plp

Yeah, but do they like it more than things going DOOM or DOM?