Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
OK, I got talked into reading this by a few people on the goon Dominions 5 discord, and have been slowly binging it, finally caught up.

My guess: There will be some sort of reset or time travel shenanigans, because the wise old Zoss-y Alison K6BD that ominously showed up at one point needs to happen somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Mottom had it coming, and so did the dragon.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
He'll do both.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
AND THE CROWD GOES WILD

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
i hosed your mother

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
It ended and one side won.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
the word bubble is coming from the machine

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

the holy poopacy posted:

fixed Abbadon's glaring art error

loving damnit lmao

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A nothing matters nihilist getting punched in the face is always enjoyable, so i'm not gonna complain about that inevitable plot beat.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Oxxidation posted:

it's kind of laughable that alison is going "that's not true, that's impossible!" when this is nothing she shouldn't have already read on the average twitter feed

what

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The story is unfolding nicely, the character arc is enjoyable, but I genuinely am looking forward to the super nihilist being punched in the face. :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'm suddenly thinking of that reverse vampire possession from the Order of the Stick

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Lunatic Sledge posted:

quantum mechanical processes aren't deterministic (except when they are) (?)

Technically, if locality doesn't hold up, it's possible for us to live in a universe that is entirely deterministic, with quantum mechanics still as is.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
what's a manichean christo-parochial battle?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Mr. Lobe posted:

It looks like a proto-Zoss. Same complexion, eye color, and earrings. Could also be Zaid, who may in turn be a proto-Zoss.

Zaid being Zoss would certainly be a funny twist.

Hm... Which would give new meaning to the old Zoss-y looking Alison from a while back.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
You're supposed to unscrew the pommel before ending someone rightly! Amateurish showing there.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

E. Revenant posted:

I heard the Pink Panther theme. Anyone else? Ok, I'll just be the odd one then.

Nah, I thought of that one, too. But then I remembered mission impossible and it overrode it :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Considering the wording of the failed heirs and the "he who masters the wheel" stuff, I wonder if the failed heir is the 'new' Zoss, moulded into being 'Zoss' by mastering the wheel much like seeing the wheel moulded Jadis and to a lesser degree Alison into what they are now.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Ha!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
He's left to "do the cleanup" (end the universe) after whatever it is that Zoss pulls off, which carries... interesting implications. I already mentioned the other scenario I have in mind, but the whole thing doesn't really mesh with "Jag whacks heir, Zoss resets". It would place all narrative weight on Jagganoth as the ultimate centerpoint of everything, and he's clearly... not.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
that sorts out the eye

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
i hate you

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Yeah, I was getting some serious Dominions 5 "Rejoice!" vibes from this.

I wonder if the goon who was making the K6BD mod for it is still working on it. He was mostly finished with two demiurge factions last I checked.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

If I had enough skill and guts to write K6BD/Glorantha fanfiction that lives up to the standards of both, I'd make my own setting.

Knowing Glorantha fans, you'd just have to write the word "Eurmal" and you'd already have an audience.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

dead gay comedy forums posted:

guy bleeding profusely from a series of perfect cuts done in an instant; to their surprise, he doesn’t die, remaining alive while clearly that shouldn’t be happening; amazed, they come closer to then listen to what he is saying:

ppfffffffttttttttttt dark cloud ahahhahahahahhahaha PALE BOLT?! ahahahahahahabahahababhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha are you guys loving serious ahahahahahahahahaha I was loving owned by these two the universe is amazing YISUN be praised indeed

(and thus it was discovered a glimpse of royalty through lmao)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Getting Gloranthan JarEel vibes a bit.

e: I don't know why, but this specific image jumped into my mind

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

What’s up with the size of the guy. Did Jagganoth grow up because of sheer dorkness of his nihilism

And I now realize how much of a dork he is with the death poetry thing. lmao

It's dorks all the way down.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Is it just me or a 4X/Master of Magic style Demiurge War game would loving rock

A goon was making a K6BD mod for Dominions 5. IIRC Mammon's and Mottom's factions were mostly completed, but the goon had something come up irl and had to pause work on the mod.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

pity that the engine doesn't support some total dumbass punchiness action for full glory

Thugs/heroes and supercombatants/monsters do sometimes enact hilarious action movie poo poo. In one game, I had a disgraced crab general who lost all his shrimp soldiers, and later redeemed himself by single-handedly holding off an entire enemy army by beeing too stupid to realize he should run away, and too much of a giant crab man to die to trivial things like people trying to stab him to death. Admittedly, my giant network of assassins, astral duelists, and mind hunters that prevented the other player from bringing in any wizards who could try to kill said crab with magic instead of stabbing probably helped. :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Here's who Incubus is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiF18CF9cEo

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Mouse.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'm pretty sure he'd be neutral.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Youremother posted:

Maya criticizing her dead children instead of talking about how much she loves or misses them, especially that she was criticizing that they were too happy and loved her too much, is a great character moment for her.

I'm not going to try to guess what Maya's deal is, but I'm like that when I'm talking about my late great-uncle. I dearly loved that old man, he was more of a grandparent to me than my actual grandparents are, but when I talk about him I usually bring up the little annoyances and weird quirks of his because anything else just bring up too much emotion and I just don't have the right words to talk about it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Meti states herself in the manual she has only one apprentice, so yeah, it seems likely it was written just for her.

To be fair, it could have just been a Yis/Un thing where she sees Dork Cloud and Pale Dolt as two halves of a single student. :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Nah she's pretty clear: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-77/

2. I am Meti, of no house but myself. In my 108th year I am surrounded by fools. My compatriots cling obsessively to their destiny, and my only apprentice is an idiot speck of a girl with more talent for eating than skill with the blade. Therefore I have decided to die drowning in the boiling gore of my enemies, of which there are many.

Fair enough.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The first half of the Books of Amber series was pretty cool. (the korwin ones)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Thyrork posted:

But what about the basket ball? :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1668705013722677248

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
To be completely honest, the vibe I got from a lot of KSBD is that it's (alongside most works in the general vicinity of the genre) heavily poisoned by Nietzche. I didn't comment much on it because I'd like to first see where it's going with the end of the comic before leaving a, for lack of a better word, comparative review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

GreenMetalSun posted:

Hey, I could be making this up, but was there a discussion in this thread comparing Incubus to a type of character from uh... another comic? a manga? a tabletop RPG?

Basically a person who had a chance at true enlightenment and rejected it and was all the more dangerous because of that? Does anyone remember that, and if someone does, can you point me in that direction?

Sheng Seleris, the setting is Glorantha

e: the archetype is called Occluded iirc, realizes that the world is an illusion and then goes "and i'm gonna be in charge of it"