Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
y'all looking too deep into the positioning on that monolith i swear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Those flames are Gog-agog colored! This is worm treachery

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
drat y'all, i just wanted to say "worm treachery" and you turned it into serious discussion about Nyave actually being worms

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Wouldn’t really like to have the dichotomy for Thorn, Root, and Petal be entirely transition metaphors. Strikes me as fan wank and kinda annoys me as a trans person myself. While Juggernaut Star probably is motivated by intense self-hatred for being too femme for an angel, the majority of Thorn Knights strike me as kin to those weird fucks on 4chan and Reddit who say they’re “blackpilled” (which is to say in normal English and not internet newspeak, utterly depressed by their belief that they will never see a return to traditional conservative values) and wind up going on killing sprees. The whole motivation is, “gently caress it, all the other races ruined Throne, the Old Law is meaningless, best kill them all and make it a silent graveyard yet again.”

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

President Ark posted:

oh hey, it's that guy:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1157417068209328132

if i had to guess, the rankings are something to do with patience/discipline/intellect, then power, then durability in that order

assuming most people in the empire are busy and/or too poor to afford tickets for all three days (assuming you need money for entry), people would probably be more hype for the later days once weak chumps get bodied out of the competition and it's down to superpowered weirdos

e: it could also be that people don't want to get murdered by collateral damage (which i imagine sol wouldn't look kindly on, but will probably inevitably happen anyway)

I'm just thinking Magic/Skill/Strength

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

President Ark posted:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1161440917405995013

looks like allison has an idea. is it a good idea? probably not

my guess: return of the SKULL OF YS-MIRA technique she decked that one devil with

e: also cat's out of the bag, the key's exposed for everyone to see

MIKIRI COUNTER

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, no way that Gog is putting her up against the easiest opponent in each round. Alt-text has those two at S/C/A and C/S/S.

There's so many reasons for why that could be, too. It could be that Gog's genuinely a poor judge of what strength is, or that she's decided she is jealous of everyone else mentoring Allison and wanted to give it a try by giving her tough guys to fight so she can actually get a shot at hurting Solomon-David, or that she forgot about her plan and just wants to see cool fights, or all of the above.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
New rule: All fights are now TO THE DEATH

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Think I am sad because I had a concept for the dumb OC tournament (cool samurai who uses telekinesis to wield 8 katanas at once so they can drink tea while they fight) but I can't draw very good yet so I didn't bother.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I take it back, this tournament sounds awful

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mile'ionaha posted:

"Giant selection of 32 things has one I don't like, must all be terrible."

C'mon. There are a ton of these things, and the fact that this tourney can include the brutal, the clever, as well as the utterly surreal is a bonus, not a sin. I wish they were organized in a convenient place besides 32 Discord channel pins, but I'm about halfway through and incredibly impressed.

I just feel like a lot of the stuff I’ve seen has been really random in a very silly way and fits in less than the stuff that won the last contest. It’s less stuff out of a heavy metal cover and more poo poo I’d honestly expect out of a Borderlands game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Oh no it's more PBTA stuff. Oh well, can't win it all, I suppose.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It's always too vague and obsessed with letting the players take the reins, which is annoying and leads to poo poo that's a tonal mess.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
hosed up that the dumb "moon is haunted" meme and someone repping the execrable Wendy's fast food company got in but the cool gun skeleton didn't

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I think things will probably go horribly wrong judging from how Abaddon says things are gonna get dark

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
clearly Incubus is already the better teacher since he has a Key and Maya does not

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
late to the conversation but zaid is too handsome to be rudely dumped, please do not suggest such cruel things to beautiful people.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Perhaps the reason why White Chain doesn't know what Royalty is and why this means that they should totally let Alison do what she wants is because they can't read the text below the comic like we can and thus, much like how even the most educated scholars in the Elder Scrolls series (ABADDON's big inspiration) are unaware of CHIM or other deeper metaphysical implications of reality, they don't know what the gently caress a Royalty is beyond a few vague allusions in the Song of Maybe and its dictionary definition of "monarchs".

I dunno, I just also like to defend Lawful characters against Chaotic scrublords since Chaos sucks poo poo

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Dec 29, 2019

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
drat y'all enter a martial arts tournaments and aren't willing to cull the weak and slay them, hosed up. Alicio is over here slaughtering every loving being in the ring and would probably have killed a couple dozen bystanders had Salami Dave not specifically foreseen furious dumbass poo poo threatening civilians and put up a shield (but remember White Chain is a jerk for being upset with this because clearly they need to scroll down to interpret the lore to understand that this is good), but apparently everyone's like "oh I hate killing, let's all be pals".

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Hey now, no one said Royalty was morally good.

Oh of course, it's just that it keeps getting conflated with good in the fandom sometimes. The only people who I know of to have Royalty in The Elder Scrolls are Vivec (conniving rear end in a top hat and serial rapist who murdered his friend for power) and Tiber Septim (ruthless imperialist, sent a robot that breaks time to crush the high elves that still shows up to attack them since it broke time, turned Cyrodiil from an interesting place described as China but with the Romans running it into Lord of the Rings-land), it's not a moral thing, it's a path to power. Sure, power is needed to topple the Seven and break their hold on the multiverse, but it's also correct for White Chain to be reasonably worried that Alison continually fails to think ahead or consider the fallout of what she does. It's a bit hypocritical, certainly, since they are working for another rear end in a top hat who has foresight but uses it to envision a Throne emptied of mortals, but eh, hypocrisy is such a trifling thing.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

There were any number of bloodbaths in the ROP. And to be clear, Shysterling absolutely deserved their spot in the semis given the quality of their comic in the Quiet round.

Ah ok, good, I retract my statement but do maintain that sparing your foes is shonen anime trickery that does not belong in a proper martial arts tournament arc

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Feel like an Angel would just fall for the same "it's too dangerous to learn" thing if they could even physically learn it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I respect White Chain since they are a good moral person and not at all like the rapey bug person or the dumb barista

a shame about the absolute deference to the insanely owned Metatron and getting bullied into doing bad stuff by spikey lads, but ah well, it's probably not going to matter for much longer since they almost certainly are going back to the void. RIP

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

lol no, they're a cop.

still better than the fanfic writer who makes out with nearly unconscious dying people

truly one hopes that the twist is that Cio is the one who eats poo poo here and not White Chain, but alas, the homestuck fanbase needs a little horned gremlin in the comic or else it shall get restless

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

im the sudden rhetorical pivot to calling people homestucks

which, i mean in my case you ain’t wrong but what of it buster

I just think Cio, who is a morally reprehensible creep and bad person, cribs a lot from the design of the trolls, which are the worst thing about Homestuck.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

eke out posted:

- has horns
- has feelings

yep that's a homestuck alright

agreed

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm bored because I got fired and am shitposting. Please find me a job and I will make good posts instead

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
well, Cio did admit "the only thing that beats un' angel is un' other angel" years ago. Let's see how this plays out.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

I mean, the Conquering king notably beat up the baddest angel out there, but then he was also decapitated by an angel so :shrug:

Then again, Zoss might have just allowed them to decapitate him because he was bored of being a megaconqueror.

Thing is, the Conquering King needed no Key to do that. He kicked the asses of every Prime Angel before he made it and wrenched the secrets of how to make the Key of Kings out of Metatron, if I recall correctly. The potential for Alison to be just as strong is there, but she's definitely not at that level yet. I'm not sure if she's even at the level to hurt Solomon yet; keep in mind that "demiurge" used to be a far broader category of people and only the seven strongest among them survived (oh and Meti) ages of warfare between them all. Solomon himself got his start beating a demiurge to death.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

i think juggs is too important an antagonist to be unceremoniously booted from the comic like that

they've already got owned twice, might as well be out of the comic. can't be taken seriously as a threat after getting one-shot two times by two separate old people

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

MinutePirateBug posted:

I get the impression that David will eventually choose White Chain as his successor; given his apparent weariness of rulership, their mutual ideological devotion to law and order, and as a way to give White Chain a power up before they begin regularly fighting demiurges within the universe.

Nah, White Chain is 100% hosed bar the intervention of Maya (and Maya has only really given a poo poo about Allison so far, so low odds on that). Salami Dave doesn't actually believe anyone is worthy of his crown. If someone does manage to draw blood, it'll be rationalized away instantly as cheating/the act of a brutish thug and the perpetrator instantly vaporized with Ki Rata.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Solomon David used the power of Ki Rata to put sandals on super fast after the last update.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

pretty good but I feel like maybe all the blood and gore should be flashing various colors to really match the Caramelldansen aesthetic, as so:

https://twitter.com/lilnasx/status/1239658468132315136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

This panel is kind of freaking me out.

Smolomon-David