Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That hard truth is this is not a Marvel Superhero throwdown. These are literal gods about to have an argument and anyone who doesn't have a pretty jewel stuffed in their forehead at the moment may as well be ants underfoot.

And what we've seen so far has been a polite greeting before they all start arguing in earnest. We'll be lucky if the planet is inhabitable by the time the fight's over. Or even still subscribing to the same basic set of physics.

Yeah and with a 50 page fight scene beginning, I have a feeling a lot of the characters who went to Rayuba aren't leaving it. We may be entering Game of Throne(s) territory here with respect to cast member longevity (up to and including some of the heroine's friends because I'm not sure she's even 1 Goku yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

She was .01 Goku in chapter 2, I think, so she's probably up to .1 Goku now and that's still not enough of a furious dumbass for this fight yet

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

only the writer's power level matters

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

shirts and skins posted:

Setting up, of course, them losing, the story getting to its nadir, and Air Bud teaching them how to play as a team followed by a rematch that they barely win with heavy callbacks to what went wrong last time

I have a feeling the six (or at least most of them) aren't leaving this battle

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Maya does have the second best sword in the universe. Murder the gods and topple their thrones, indeed.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They'll be team-building in hell because I think Jagganoth is going to kill all six of them on this little island (unless Maya gets to Incubus first)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

habeasdorkus posted:

Jadis must be so frustrated that this is all turning out exactly as she foresaw.

every minute of this brings her a minute closer to death so she's probably doin' fine

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

it is a bit Jagganoth is doing

the punchline is the whole audience getting killed

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

From the PYF Macro thread:

Mammon needs a little top hat

E: I guess he kind of has one, doesn't he lol

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 22, 2020

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1331359815701041154

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Gog-Agog is like Kenny, seeing her get horribly killed in every appearance is wonderful.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Exactly how Gog works and just what she thinks as a big mass of worms is still a bit of a mystery to us, but Jaggs is a big red evil Batman, he has a plan for how to kill each of them.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mottom and Mammon have spent the last 2000 years forgetting how to fight someone that can fight back.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's also possible to interpret "reach heaven through violence" as a warning that the path of violence will get you killed

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Solomon David's plan was pretty much just "there's six of us, I'll punch him until we think of something"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

He specifically braces himself and raises his left arm to block the swing, rather than, say, ducking under it. Pretty sure he was trying to protect her.

He knows that Highlander Rules apply and Jaggs gets stronger if he kills anyone.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Reminded of Maya's question to Allison: What do you think about death?

I think she's going to get to ask that again very soon, and get an answer this time.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Killing a character doesn't remove them from this story.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Now, where are they going... Throne, or LA?

Also it's certainly no accident that the party (other than Allison) consists of two humans, two demons, and two angels.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if Allison can cast Cure Serious Wounds or something.

pretty sure she can if she wants to

who here read or watched Bleach? (you can admit it, I know it ended horribly) Imagine if you made Orihime the protagonist with actual character development instead of useless human MacGuffin, that's what I think Allison's powers are

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Allison's powers are whatever she wants them to be.

exactly

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

the fist might be aimed somewhere else, there's a lot of punching going on just off-screen

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

That is not demonstrated in the text at all. Jagganoth, by all indications, simply pulled this because his armaments are ready. There is nothing to suggest that Allison is a motivating factor for him.

Incubus, at least, seems to think the timetable has been moved up:

Though since everyone in the story is either a liar or an unreliable source, Inky's estimation of the plan may have been flawed from the start. And I don't think that makes Allison responsible for what's happened here either way, this battle was going to start sooner or later.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

He knows that it never hurts to ask.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

He was probably watching that final fight like everybody else.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, I see it more as like Bane watching the kid sing in The Dark Knight Rises. He's gonna attack anyway, but no sense being impolite when you can still make your own grand entrance after they've wrapped up the first act.

Maybe he just likes a good fight. There was even a remote chance of it leaving him with five demiurges instead of six.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Clearly, he arrived exactly when he was going to arrive, which is how Jadis knew to get there a few seconds earlier.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Guildenstern Mother posted:

No its even better! She's going to have to convince the demiurges to fight as a team and its going to look like it'll work and then Maya's gonna shank Incubus

Wouldn't that improve the morale of the remaining five?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Like Batman, Jagganoth has a plan to fight everyone around him. And we're only like 20 pages into a ~50 page fight scene.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

He also melted those swords out of the ice, presumably to throw them at someone

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

maybe she's good at catching swords, you never know until you try

I think someone is going to die soon

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Wait so Allison's key is 1) Permadead or 2) Out of juice after Jags cancelled her teleport?

Neither, he just shut down her teleport, and in the process probably killed her confidence to try anything else for a while

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They're on an island, if they have to run the old fashioned way where are they gonna go

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

nimby posted:

"You mean to say humans on your world can't run on water?"

I suppose it's not a coincidence that Zaid looks like Jesus now

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm not usually down on the art, but I have no idea what Jagganoth is actually doing on this page.

He throws a big flying sword at Incubus and it connects. That's gotta hurt

In the last panel he's pulling more swords out of the ground, ready to be thrown at someone else.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

magic manga powers have cool names that don't always perfectly describe what the power does, because the #1 rule for naming manga powers is to sound cool as hell

all we need to know from this page is that Jagganoth has powers with cool names and Incubus just got rekt

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

TK-42-1 posted:

I just realized Jag was still holding his hand up because this all happened so quickly over the last couple pages.

The last 15 pages have been like 3 minutes.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Mottom- didn't want to be powerful anymore because her role as a "queen" was its own sort of prison

Mammon- wanted to withdraw from the world, hide in his vault and vegetate

Solomon- wants to find someone worthy of taking over his empire, even though his standards are impossibly high

Jadis- very sincerely wants to die

Those four, at least, all want out.

Jagganoth, and I think Incubus, both want to shake up the system. Not necessarily in the same way, and not in ways that would be good for all the people living in the multiverse, but they both want the the status quo to end.

Gog-Agog is insane.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

dromal phrenia posted:

She is actually just an incredibly powerful goofball, and the only demiurge having fun. Right now all her fellow rulers of the known multiverse are battling, seemingly for the fate of reality itself, and the current bearer of the key of kings is present. Thus far, she has... done some physical comedy.

I think it's mostly this except I don't think she's actually having fun. I think she's just as miserable as the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Maybe. Like when she's described as "insane," I think of that the way we hear a true artificial intelligence would be insane. A thought process that cannot really be compared to human consciousness. She's playing a part and she's smart enough to play it well. So I'm probably wrong to call her miserable, too.

I think Jagganoth has a plan to kill her. He didn't go there without some planning. Once he stops toying with the other demiurges I hope we get some flashbacks/exposition for the ones we knew the least about.