Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Alitur posted:

I meant more in a sense of a liveblog or a live reaction. I am one of weirdos who like watching people enjoy what I enjoy.

This woman did a read through of KSBD book 1 as a commission, but she liked it enough that she's gonna continue the rest after she finishes up FMA:B.

https://www.patreon.com/user/posts?u=7223945

The posts:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/kill-six-billion-39678872
https://www.patreon.com/posts/kill-six-billion-39740556
https://www.patreon.com/posts/kill-six-billion-39822146

Free thread where she posts the stuff after a delay.
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/lets-watch-things-mostly-blind-idk.55194/

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Alitur posted:

I am one of her patrons, and I have already read through her impressions. This is what introduced me to K6BD, actually.

Are there any other read throughs around?

Managed to find this: https://krixwell-liveblogs.com/2019/04/07/patreon-bonus-kill-six-billion-demons-ch-1-2/amp/

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
From the second liveblog I linked:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Nilbop posted:

But nobody saw him get punched? They saw him take off his bangles, then the ground exploded, then there's two people about thirty feet from each other.

I want an audience member with keen enough eyes to point and say "Oh no! The emperor has suddenly sprouted lesions!"

They saw a big explosion, the rings dropping to the floor, and then Salami rub his face and check his hand. It totally looks like, to them, that Sad Dan got an injury on his face. Also that there's 2 people in the ring instead of Soda Dave and a smear.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 12, 2020

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Demiurge4 posted:

What if the thing we're gonna hate is that White Chain isn't gay?

Straight trans girls still need to be protected.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The crowd completely ignoring the totally unprecedented miracle of an angel becoming flesh and blood in favor of unga bunga punch man in face really says something something society.

Also AAAAAAAAA HER SMILE!!!!!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://mobile.twitter.com/phoenix_feet/status/1295876122886905857

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

habeasdorkus posted:

Now I want movie night at Allison's apartment with her friends she brought back from the Grand Canyon.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I mean Abbadon literally said Jagganoth has the multiverse's most extreme case of PTSD because of the Universal War. All of his actions are because of that.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Begemot posted:

Allison defeats Jagganoth by cooking him a bowl of noodles that reminds him of his childhood like the end of Ratatouille.

His childhood was being a child soldier who experienced no love.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
IIRC Abbadon implied in WoG somewhere that Mottom was aging because she thought she should be aging and is afraid of death, but now after Allison destroyed the tree she's too pissed off to age, even though she's eating less peaches.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Regalingualius posted:

And Allison apparently cured Mammon’s Fantasy Dementia by getting him pissed off at her, too. So is she about to get Solomon to learn to let go of his empire by majorly ticking him off?

Mammon's not pissed at Allison, he's pissed at Mottom for killing his people. Which is kinda sweet he's more concerned about their lives instead of how his vault was breached and his money spilling everywhere.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He was pretty pissed at the Count being ruined. Now he has to actually calculate and think again rather than just watch numbers go up.

Not really? If he was really pissed he'd have demanded more than a verbal apology from Allison. Meanwhile, he was calling Mottom a murderer while breathing fire in the demiurge meeting, instead of mentioning anything about his money.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
One of Allison's sorority sisters is a childhood friend of hers, the one who said she's gonna cook her dinner, and seemed close to Allison. Can't imagine what it must be like seeing your best friend start losing herself over the years cause of self-hate, suddenly disappear for 3 days, come back looking pretty traumatized and having a sword and a "bindi" in her head, then say she's going on a 2 week Grand Canyon trip, then disappear forever. Wonder if she's still looking for Allison.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

wiegieman posted:

Someone powerful enough could probably destroy all the worms simultaneously, so I wouldn't put it past Jagganoth.

Abbadon said that a focused Gog would give even Jagganoth trouble. That doesn't sound like someone who can oneshot all the worms.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Brought To You By posted:

I thought White Chain can understand English no problem? She could understand Allison in the beginning before the devil liquor.

I assume since her physiology has completely changed she has to do the "drink devil liquor and the barf and eat the tiny devil after" to understand.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Zaid asking if Allison is okay first thing is a promising start.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://intocleanness.tumblr.com/post/627756077636861952/given-how-insanely-menacing-gog-agog-is-right-now

quote:

given how insanely menacing Gog Agog is right now im of a mind to just shut down entirely and pretend to myself that the next ksbd update is going to be a ONE YEAR LATER cut to the deck of the airship where Cio is teaching Zaid to chop vegetables while in the background Solomon David is wearing a pair of boating shorts and a hawaiian shirt, grilling burgers and sipping a beer. he has been sipping the same beer for a month straight and it does not ever seem to empty.

yes everything is fine and the story is over. nothing bad can surely happen now.

https://arcane-shadow.tumblr.com/post/627510972223012864/have-some-lovely-girls-after-this-last-update-i

quote:

Have some lovely girls! After this last update I thought they should kiss :3

---

#yes i will use her full name whenever possible it slaps #also idk their ship name im just spitballing here #whens abbadon making allison's polycule canon

https://buglich.tumblr.com/post/627136197817401344/cio-attempts-to-make-out-with-white-chain-but-the

quote:

cio attempts to make out with white chain but the difference between their respective body temperatures is such that its like licking an icicle and it gives her a migraine and she has to stop

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 9, 2020

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Time for Worm

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Victis posted:

Yeah they were loving that poo poo, and it's understandable. And everything WC said is true; we know it, SD knows it. But if you're sitting in that crowd, it's a big pill to swallow with no immediate upside and I bet SD knows that too.

I can see him standing up to directly address the crowd and asking if that's really what they want, and if you're WC what do you do if the answer is a big fat NO? Force it on them because they don't know better?

Then the people have spoken. But I believe you're overestimating how many actually buy into the whole Paternum thing and how many just go along with it because they know they'll get punished otherwise.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I didn't make this.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I hope the 108 rising stars are okay. :ohdear:

EDIT: Also Soloman's brutal dictatorship totally saved all his people, huh?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

MikeJF posted:

There go all the tourney survivors I guess.

A whole lot of the pursuers too?

The battle royale was yesterday, the only ones present seem to just be audience members, staff, and Soloman's guard. I guess everyone else who survived left.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
As much as "Princess is loving ready for this" is a wonderful interpretation, looking closer her face is frowning. Her fangs/tusks are throwing people off.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Donkringel posted:

Side question.

How do we know Princess Jack Daniels is now a woman? Originally she was Vladok, old man ebon demon, but now she is buff fight lady. Is it ever addressed directly in the comic? Is it just her name change? She doesn't directly look feminine, but she does give the same sort of vibe WC did in her stone form where you get that intended gender feeling.

Devils don't seem to really give much of a gently caress about gender identity.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Algid posted:

Picking up the multiverse was something a god did in the nebulous beforetimes that exists as a literal paradox. Present day Demiurges are pretty far from that level, that multiverse-picker-upper merely exploded her eyes by seeing everything, whereas Jadis turned herself into dried jerky preserved inside an ice cube.

I mean, even if we accept that the 30 nails are an artifact of power on the level of the univeral key, I'm pretty sure any of the seven would be completely freaked out if Zoss turned up even as a disembodied key-less ghost head in their dreams.

Joe Slowboat posted:

I feel like it's entirely possible Jagganoth is definitionally invulnerable, and anyone constrained by causality cannot do him physical harm.

That still wouldn't rule Zoss out based on what we've seen, so, there's your answer.

I recall Abaddon saying that even YISUN would be hard-pressed to harm Jagganoth as he is now.

In any case, Jagganoth's thing narratively is that he cannot be defeated by force, and thus Allison and co. would need to approach defeating him by some other means.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Pacra posted:

Speaking of Meti, i'm worried about the pursuers :ohdear:

eke out posted:

yeah i assume she just cut the pesky nuclear blast

not so confident about the rest though

I think it was said before in the thread, but White Chain vs Soloman happened 1 day after the battle royale, so chances are a good number of them already left the colosseum.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
So in retrospect can we all agree the thing a lot of people were gonna hate in this book was White Chain's Gender Affirming Punch riling up all the transphobic fuckheads?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Niavmai posted:

abbadon confirmed that the thing we would hate has been moved to the next book.

I heard that he was cutting off the book early but I didn't hear about this. Source?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Also Abaddon said that Jagganoth is so loving invulnerable even YISUN would have trouble hurting him.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Abaddon has also said that Jagganoth never knew love as a child and has the multiverse's biggest case of PTSD.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Tried out the KSBD angel name generator again.

quote:

47 Empty Concordance Apprehends the Poor

I guess this ACAB remains an ACAB.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I'm pretty sure it's just Maya leaving her Key behind when she left and Incubus stealing that. In that sense, he didn't earn his throne, even compared to Mammon.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I really doubt they're gonna 1-on-1 given they know each of them individually can't take on Jagganoth, but even if they attack at once they'll likely get in each other's way.

Ironically, Nadia and Mammon will be the most coordinated since they've been fighting each other a bunch. :v:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Joe Slowboat posted:

We are pretty certain he got her key. That much is clear.

The circumstances are still vague. Personally I think she left the key and fled because she thought Incubus would kill her, and had stewed in hatred for him ever since. She denied him his victory and so he thinks that’s why he’s unfulfilled, because Incubus is utterly driven by a need to win.

They never fought, because only one of them would be alive. And Incubus would have fought. Ergo, Maya fled.

I really doubt it's because Maya was a afraid of Incubus, like your wording is implying. She realized being a demiurge was an empty life, and she should've listened to her teacher so many years ago.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Joe Slowboat posted:

She has been stewing on murdering him for the entire age of the Seven. She has dwelt on how she should have killed him, or died trying, long ago.

She may not have been afraid but Maya did not think she would win the fight against the man who killed her master, Meti the Sword Saint, and fed her body to the dogs.

Incubus is the student who learned from Meti only how to kill good and strike first, but he clearly learned how to kill good and to strike first.

I'm pretty sure it's less because Incubus is more skilled/powerful and more Maya for whatever reason couldn't bring up the resolve or will to. I find it more likely that she left her key behind, and then realized how bad it was that Incubus got it. Just like the other demiurges, Maya was stuck in a rut of self-loathing and stagnation. It was only when Allison came that she finally started acting.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Joe Slowboat posted:

“God will never forgive me the hate I feel for that man.[...] He killed my master, and threw her body to the dogs.”

Incubus killed Meti, he must be a truly terrible swordsman.

We also don't know if he beat Meti in a true fight or if Meti just let it happen to make a point to Maya.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Pyrus Malus posted:

is Meti hanging out in anybody's mindspace talkin poo poo like Zoss does for Allison? I'm assuming she doesn't care she's dead either.

She probably could but also doesn't bother hanging around.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I also don't see Maya being completely capable of beating Incubus to take away from her loathing him. If anything, it makes it even more intense, since she knows she could and should defeat him, but there would be no point to it because it would be furthering the same cycle she tried to leave and it would mean her leaving everything behind to be for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Joe Slowboat posted:

He sees the inescapability of violence and says ‘that’s why I, a smart person, have dedicated my life solely to violence and do not seek anything beyond it’ - which is truly mastery of Sword Law, even if it sucks.

I'm pretty sure it's not?