Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I can't really play until Saturday evening so FE will have to wait until then, but in the meantime I'm entertaining myself with all the tears on the official forums. So many bitter, salty tears about their precious companions. :xcom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Also you can just port to any stronghold and exit from there to your ship or the fleet.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yes he is but they seem to have really hosed up companions with 4.0 for some people. The patch on Tuesday might fix it I guess seeing as it's meant to fix the FE comp terminal.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Ability bloat was always terrible and one of the things that I hated most at release. Also XP got tweaked after the 12x class xp finished so you only need to do class and core planet missions to level, but throw in a flashpoint and whatnot and you'll jump right up.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Makeb > SoR (Prelude>Rishi>Yavin>Ziost) > KotFE is the order to do things if you want to follow the storyline.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

I think there were actually 3 GTNs back then - one for each faction and then a universal one on Nar Shaddaa.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Hulk Smash! posted:

Ooh! What if it was the ability to have 2 companions out at once? A la Mass Effect? (it's not that)

Or, you know, both the original KotoR games.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Hey now, space dad is great. So what if he ate Ziost? Not like we ever bothered with it before then, anyway, but as soon as he starts looking at it hungrily we're all 'no, we totally care about Ziost now that you want it for a snack'.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
But just think of all that prime real estate that's up for grabs there now!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Dyes, decorations, conquest poo poo.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

The game isn't giving me enough xp. I've had to stop at Belsavis because I'm 5 levels under now but that planet sucks anyway so silver linings.

I could spend an hour grinding heroics but I'd rather do something fun.

How are you so bad.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

See, this would be a bad thing. I'm enjoying the Sith Warrior storyline and am finding it very well paced on its own.

It's frustrating to have to stop playing the story because I've arbitrarily hit a point where my character is 5 levels below local "madmen" on Belsavis and I can't hit them (4 levels is fine).

Not sure I care for this Chapter 3 Emperor's Wrath nonsense, though. The concept comes out of left field and your character just bows to it instantly. Becoming Darth Baras' "loyal" apprentice was built on the guy having your nuts in a metaphorical vice, and felt like you could work against him to a certain extent.

This feels like taking orders from chronic fuckup Var Suthra all over again, when my own drive for revenge should take centre stage, and I have a crew full of evil masterminds that could point me in the right directions.

I have other characters that I like better mechanically for other game-modes. Marauder was a bad choice.

Becoming Wrath is basically them saying 'congratulations! You are now Vader so go choke some fucks and do whatever you want'. It completely frees you from the control of any other Sith (including the Dark Council) save the Emperor himself, who is conveniently absent.

In terms of just playing the class story to level you are both too late and too early for it. They had it set so you would level solely off of that over Summer up until the expansion and are planning it again over Christmas for a couple of weeks, I believe, so at the moment the bare minimum to level appropriately is class story + key planetary quests. If you've been skipping the purple planet missions then yes, you're going to be lower level than you should be for later planets. Of course you could just hit a few flashpoints for some easy xp which will bolster you and your gear appropriately regardless.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Cyrelio posted:

Just courting gifts are broken at the moment. They don't give the proper amount of affection for the appropriate companions. Proceed with romances per norm.

Supposedly in KotFE your existing romances are meant to be acknowledged by Valk, but for some people it doesn't and you don't get The Mail you should do saying they've given up/haven't given up/hate you/won the lottery, leading people to suspect the whole thing is broken, not just courting gifts. There's a rather long, whiny thread about it here.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
At every 2 levels of an alliance asset you get a mission on your datapad in the unmarked commander quarters that gives you some crystals for gear. As you destroy the Star Fortresses you also get additional companions available, as well as titles and poo poo if you care about that sort of thing.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

The Life Day event is Live - there are still a ton of snow covered parcels in the guild bank, but please don't be a knob goblin and take all of them.

Although I think you can't just pick them up for the title, you have to go keep throwing snowballs until you get 100. :suicide:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
DK has better weather.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Happy Life Day from the Space Bar:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Sometimes it's almost like I'm playing sto:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Waffles Inc. posted:

Is there any good/fun/reasonable reason to keep grinding away heroics in KOTFE? That's how one levels their Alliance Level right? What does that get me?

From a few pages back:

Aleth posted:

At every 2 levels of an alliance asset you get a mission on your datapad in the unmarked commander quarters that gives you some crystals for gear. As you destroy the Star Fortresses you also get additional companions available, as well as titles and poo poo if you care about that sort of thing.

Also there are some mounts you only get access to at level 20 in each section, maybe some other cosmetic poo poo?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Sardikar posted:

Question about the guilds ship the Space Bar, Was that a thing No Goon had or am I getting mixed up?

Did we lose it due to lack of people logging on? If so how do I contribute to bringing it back?

It's still there - hit U, guild tab and you can port straight to it and bask in the glory of the dance troupe.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
My ship is so empty now with kotfe; even Pierce prefers to stay off it. :(

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

Next pack needs Kowakian Money Lizard Hutt mount decorations that if you click on them, they cackle ho ho ho intermittently.

Then we need to cover the Guild ship with them.

Better.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I think the sith/jedi lightsaber forge decorations are still alignment dependent along with some stronghold titles, but yeah, nothing amazing.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

prefect posted:

I got my rear end beat when I tried to solo it. Then I tried dying my way through, and I couldn't activate the grenade at the end -- do you have to be in a specific spot to do it? Or maybe you need to be out of combat?

You can just run along the walkways to the side of the boss (who you can just ignore and not aggro) and throw it from there. Not sure if being in combat matters but I'd cleared it through save for the boss and a few side trash I avoided.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

I decree that this becomes the standard answer in this thread anytime when people ask what class.

Or just that.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

Yes. The recent Blademaster hilts have thinner blades, attenuated ones even moreso. Shotos have shorter blades.

There are also blade effects. There's several 'Energized' lightsabers from older packs that have a lens flare like effect at the hilt, and there's also 'Volatile' that has like a wavy energy partially up the blade.

This list includes more than just lighsabers, but should show all the ones that have special effects:
http://tor-fashion.com/?MCF578E_widget_cat=782

The Stronghold Defender sabers have a cool telescoping effect and a nice loud sound when you pop them.

Yeah, I grabbed a volatile lightsaber a while back and while it's nifty enough it's not really all that noticeable unless you're actively looking for the effect. I think I have a Thythonian one in my bank which I like the effect of, just not a fan of the hilt.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

What are these "chapters" ?

Is that just a KOFTE thing or is "chapter 1" the vanilla game, chapter 2 the first expansion, etc?

The base vanilla game has 3 chapters for each class which is just how they group the missions as for story purposes but has no impact on gameplay. KotFE has a bunch of chapters that are individual, episodic story missions you play through and can access through a 'launch chapter' button if you bugger off and go do something else then forget where you were up to.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

FYI for anyone wanting to buy endgame stuff, I can now make the following for these mats for you -

Advanced Resistive Hilt 43 (220 tank hilt) - 2 Dark Matter Catalysts
Advanced Versatile Hilt 43 (220 dps/heal hilt) - 2 Dark Matter Catalysts
Advanced Versatile Barrel 43 (220 DPS/heal barrel) - 2 Dark Matter Catalysts
Exarch Relic of Focused Retribution - 3 Dark Matter Catalysts + 6 Exotic Isotope Equalizers
Exarch Relic of Serendipitous Assault - 3 Dark Matter Catalysts + 6 Exotic Isotope Equalizers

Can also make a bunch of miscellaneous 220 earpieces and implants for 3 Strategic Resource Matrix and 10 Exotic Isotope Equalizers. Not quite as good as 220 raid drops, but better than commendation ones.

Which character do you want the DMCs mailing to for a tank hilt, or should I just dump them in one of the guild bank tabs?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Back in beta you actually could off him, but then you had no healer pet so were hosed and thus they changed it. I imagine in future KotFE chapters they'll give us the chance to end him at long last.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It would still deprive you of a crafting mule unless you shell out for HK or Treek, or until you run through KotFE.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Alter Ego posted:

I think it's a symbol of the Sith Empire casting off Darth Vitiate as their Emperor.

He'll always be the Emperor to me. :allears:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Hulk Smash! posted:

FYI there's no conquest event this week. Something went wrong somewhere and it won't be fixed this week apparently. New event starting only on the 9th.

Boo.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The Quinn Conundrum could have had a simple, elegant solution: give him Vette's shock collar.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there like a refer a friend thing for this game so I can give some goon stuff and also myself?

Subscribers can give a referral code that other players can use to get some goodies, then if that player who used the code subscribes then person who gave the code gets stuff.

If you're a subscriber your code should be at: https://account.swtor.com/user/refer

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The only MMO company that I've ever seen seem to handle patching and server maintenance with any kind of competence was Rift-release-era Trion so I usually just write off patch days. :shrug:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Dalris Othaine posted:

I see, it's like a meta commentary. A large space post about a large space game!

But yeah, uncommon saber with a special blade effect, try 30 million, then bring it down if it doesn't sell. 15mil if you're in a hurry.

I think the excessively large avatars are the new red text, actually.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I hope I can set him on fire.

Or demote him to private, that'd do I suppose.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'm looking forward to recruiting Skadge on my SW, actually. They both like getting angry and smashing poo poo up so it should work out quite well!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I was going to turn him into a cyborg when I get him back assuming he'll try and sell me out to Arcann and I won't be allowed to snap his neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, it's hidden towards the bottom of the 'Chapter 10 and Firebrand are here - Play Now!' email - came the same time as my monthly cartel grant so I missed it at first.

The nice thing about all these gamble boxes is it makes space barbie much cheaper. Got the Skotia set, some cyborg legs and the new anarchist mask together along with some new threads for Pierce:

• Locked thread