Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I just finished chapter one for my Sith Inquisitor last night.

That got weird in a hurry. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

TLM3101 posted:

Welcome to what is arguably the best story in the game, next to the Imperial Agent. The end of Act one is downright sedate compared to what you've got in store, so strap in and enjoy the ride!

The Agent storyline was so good; I just wish I'd been able to finesse it so that I could have been a double-agent. :argh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

Note that this pack does't work if Amazon thinks you're outside the US but if you change your shipping address to US based it should work. Since it's digital, you could "ship" to Yankee stadium :)

1060 West Addison is better. :D

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Thyrork posted:

Also Lightsided Lady Sith Warrior is one of my fav's for twisting narratives and loving with expectations. Try it if you've yet to!

Lightsided Sith Warrior is awesome for blowing Jedi minds. (I was so :3: when the green Jedi from Belsavis sent me an e-mail afterwards talking about how weird it was to work together with me.)

Light or dark, the Sith Inquisitor is such a snarky, sarcastic bastard. It's great. :D (Although Khem loses a point or two of respect for me just about every time I have a conversation. :eng99:)

Thyrork posted:

I preferred Freedom and being an ally of the empire without interference. Although I really wish "Save Imperial Intelligence" ending had survived from the beta. Ah well, at least SOR let me help shape sith intelligence.

It's still suprising to me how much being a woman with a sniper rifle and a whole pile of toxin's has sunk its claws into me. In a setting with space wizards, I'm making due on skill and crazy preparation alone. It just feels so right.

I had never really played a stealth class before, but after being a sneaking, backstabbing Agent for fifty-some levels, I completely understand why so many people enjoy it. Hell, just being able to skip almost every trash mob is so great.

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 7, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rouncer posted:

4. Where the hell are all these people fitting in a ship that isn't even big enough to have it's own kitchen. Do they just sleep in their chairs in the conference room?? Whole thing is just ridiculous. Couldn't have explained it as a flotilla of ships and had them all holo into the conference room for those intercom meetings.

I thought it was pretty cool to be carrying your own weird little United Nations/multispecies A-Team with you, but I had the same question. Maybe your ship had a big U-Haul trailer attached to the back that just didn't get displayed in-game.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dammit, I only have about 22 companions maxed out on affection. This is going to cost a mint. :argh:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jan posted:

No, they just arbitrarily decided that the expansion story changes the world so drastically that you shouldn't be able to go back to older chapters. Quite unlike the galaxy changing events of Shadows of Revan.

You can still make fresh characters and go through the original story.

But existing characters who haven't finished their stories yet; they aren't forced into the new area and blocked off from the old automatically? Please say "yes".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CobiWann posted:

So let me make sure I have this right.

I could sub right now, get my Jedi Guardian (single saber DPS, I’m a purist) up to lvl 60 relatively quickly as class quests are x12 experience while soloing and not having to do any Flashpoints, do the Rise of the Hutt Cartel/Shadow of Revan stories and Flashpoints pretty easily and therefore see everything there was to see for the pre-expansion game, and hop right into the KOTFE stuff as soon as it launches…

…but still be able to go back and level the other seven classes at my leisure?

Sounds like KOTFE is a great place to jump in, but only if I make sure the character I pick is done with their class storylines and Hutt/Revan stuff before launch?

From what people have said, it sounds like you can create new, level-1 characters of any class and go through the old planets. You just cross a threshold at level 60 where you accept one special quest and cross a five-year boundary with that character, who can no longer do the old quests.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is there any light leg armor that's not a dress?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Let's just minimize spoiler talk, period. This game is all about story, so I encourage you guys to avoid spoilers and play it yourselves.

How about spoiler talk about storylines in the game? I've had a few posts talking about cool/weird stuff I've run into as an Inquisitor, for example; should I not do that?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Yeah, just remember there's a lot of new people coming to the game with KOTFE that might not have seen the storylines so spoiler when in doubt.

Examples -

Okay to not spoiler - "I really love the dark side choice the BH gets to make on Alderaan with the nobles."

Should spoiler - "Whoah, I can't believe the Jedi Knight has to fight the XXX at the end of his act 3!

I should have clarified that I used spoiler tags liberally; some things like the end of act 1 for Inquisitors are super-cool, and you don't want that ruined.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I apologize for thinking that everybody was just massively overstating things when they said that Skadge is the worst companion.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cythereal posted:

Marr/Imperius/Vowrawn '08 ATC: Change you can believe in.

Vowrawn was a riot; that guy is having more fun than anybody else in the game.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fuzz posted:

YES I REFERENCED STAR TREK IN A STAR WARS THREAD. gently caress YOU. :arghfist::smug:

One of the biggest goon guilds at launch was Starfleet Dental. I think you're okay.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

A Thing that I'm actually considering: Leveling a new Alt once 4.0 hits to see the new "streamlined" leveling process :saddowns:

I'm probably going to use an excuse like "I haven't tried a tank jedi on the Imperial side yet..."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fuzz posted:

There's one that shows up in the BH storyline that wasn't so bad, either, but I can't remember his name. I feel like all of the Imperial stories have at least one chill Sith except for Agent, where they're all over the top fucktarded and ridiculous, mostly to highlight and emphasize the fact that the Sith are running the Empire into the ground.

I remember liking Darth Lachris, but I think that might be because she gave my Agent smooches.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

She actually shows up in the Consular storyline too. :D

Oh, I know. I've done my every-class-to-fifty work to get the special recognition once the expansion comes out. :smuggo:

There's just so much that I have no clue about, since there have been two expansions since I last played. What I really want is a way to turn off the "quest available here" display by quest types. Don't show me the flashpoint/operation quest givers right now; I'm trying to figure out if there's a story quest I've overlooked. :argh:

And yesterday I found something called a "Macrobinocular" quest? :psyboom:

prefect fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 13, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Macrobinocular and Seeker Droid are part of the RotHC expansion. They're side-stories that are worth doing at some point, but they don't reveal anything major to be honest.

I was crushed when I noticed (during the last story quests on Makeb) that my 12x bonus had gone away. :qq: Fortunately, this was on one of my two OCD completionist characters, so doing side quests was not a problem.

Actual question: according to this:

"This expansion is unique in that, unlike the previous two expansions (Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan), it is free to all subscribers. Knights of the Fallen Empire raises the level cap of characters to 65 along with introducing new moves for most classes along with a completely redesigned companion system. Once KOTFE goes live, all subscribers will gain access to both previous expansions for free."

It sounds like I would have to buy Shadow of Revan to get above level 55, until two weeks from now, when I get access to it just for being a subscriber. Am I reading that right? (It's still tempting, dammit.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

When did you subscribe? If you've been subbed since 8/10 you should get early access Tuesday.

I only resubbed about two weeks ago, so no early access for me.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Correct. If you want to level to 60 before KOTFE drops, you have to buy Shadow of Revan. Don't do that. Just wait.

Anybody else who's in my position (not having SoR unless you cough up twenty bucks): you can still do the prelude-to-Shadow of Revan flashpoints. And they let you solo them! :neckbeard:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Buttttt if you do that you're not gaining XP which means you won't hit 60 doing Rishi and Yavin. :)

Dammit. There's so much stuff I haven't done yet, there's no way I'll be able to catch up by the 27th.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

The Makeb story gets you to 55 right now, and then some.

I'm not sure if it will do it at 6x though.

I don't think it will do the trick at 6x. I was about 55 1/2 by the end, and I did all the non-heroic dailies and side quests I could find.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

IF you use a 25% XP boost and are in a guild with 10% XP bonus, you should hit 60 during Battle of Rishi if you're doing Rishi sidequests/bonus objectives, a bit later if you just do Rishi storyline.

You get an XP bonus for being in a guild?

I swear, sometimes I am dumber than a box of rocks. :saddowns:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MikeyLikesIt posted:

First time going through the story, Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer, when can I romance Darth Zash. No spoilers, pls, just finished Balmorra.

I felt the same way you do when I was your level. :allears:

prefect fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 14, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's ok. Tarul wine is listed for 4 mil so I'll be rich again in no time

The companion gift? Seriously?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, the rank 4 green one lol

Nobody's actually buying it obviously but for the past few days that's been the list price. I'm not going to be the one to crash it!

Back in my day, there were tons of companion gifts available, for reasonable prices, too. :corsair:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

If you want to make money crafting Implants are looking good for it.

Implants are so freakin' expensive on the GTN! :argh:

Less complainy question: archaeology materials used to be grade 1 through grade 6, at 400 skill. The next category up (401+) is grade 9. Why is that?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but what if your jetpack was tandem jetpacks?

I want the speeder that's a big circle and you sit in the middle of it. The circle would have to be too large if you wanted to get two people in there.

edit: Holy poo poo there are a ton of speeders, and a bunch of them look fantastic. :swoon: http://dulfy.net/2012/05/29/complete-high-res-catalog-of-all-swtor-speeders/

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

How many Crown Royal bags did it take to make that sweet shirt?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

Someone brought up lightsaber stances earlier, and what they should do is actually make the 2-3 you get change how you hold your lightsaber.

Like I bet there are actual canon (or pre-Disney canon anyway) ways each of those stances actually holds theirs.

Here's Lightsaber combat as it looked when the original Wikigroaning article was on the front page.

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 16, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

It just needs to be the Fleet idle stance to make 90% of people happy. Make it change to generic when you're in combat.

According to that Wiki link, the default stance for Guardians is the lovely, not useful in real combat baby Jedi stance.

Hey, hey, hey, it's useful in real combat:

The key to truly mastering Soresu seemed to come from grasping the concepts and philosophy of the form rather than adhering to its tactics and maneuvers. While Kenobi displayed a strong preference for Soresu, he continued to apply elements of the relentlessly dogged Form I as well as the erratic strokes and acrobatics of Ataru. At one point just before the conclusion of the Clone Wars, Mace Windu acknowledged Obi-Wan Kenobi as "the master of Soresu."[5]

("Form I" is the default Jedi one.)

(Why can't I stop reading about this poo poo?)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
So I spent the weekend playing a sniper (because I wanted to see the storyline again, and originally did it as an operative) while trying to max out dark side points (because I almost never choose DS anything for any character). Even with diplomacy I haven't yet hit Dark IV, but I still feel a little sick. I don't know how people do this. :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Asimo posted:

It's much easier as a Sith Inquisitor, where you get to cackle maniacally while torturing puppies with mind lightning.

I've already done a lightning sorcerer; will it still involve sufficient evil if I do it as an assassin instead?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

It's the same story as they are both using the Inquisitor base story so yes.

Yeah, that makes sense. The sniper uses a blaster pistol during cinematic scenes, even though he doesn't have one; it makes sense that all the evil lightning you need would be available to the assassin, even if it doesn't match an actual power. :tipshat:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

:hfive: I kinda wanted a look reminiscent of Obi-Wan's armored look from the Clone Wars cartoon.

That's a good look, but most Jedi robes have the belt going around the robe, so it looks like you're wearing half a skirt, instead of something more cape-like.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mikesaysno posted:

Does anyone know how long it normally takes them to respond to a ticket? I came back a month or so ago and bought that Amazon bundle. My account is flagged as a subscriber but when I hit 50 over the weekend and tried to fly to Makeb it said I needed to buy Rise of the Hutt Cartel. I'm not really in any hurry so I just rolled a new character, it's just annoying.

I got a next-day response after asking them to undelete a character I had deleted three years ago.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rouncer posted:

Ready for tomorrow

A. I envy you.

B. Hey, you're one short! No love for Skadge? (He is the worst.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Real men keep spreadsheets.

When the entries say "alt 164" and "alt 129", does that mean that's the average quality of their gear?

Or have you had over a hundred fifty alts? :ohdear:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

No, that was necessary because when I came over from POT5 in order to keep the names I used alt codes for the weird squiggly characters in their names. So when I mail things from republic to Nichódemus I have to type Alt 162 to get the stupid O.

I was drunk.

Oh, duh. I probably should have thought of that. :doh:

Sorry 'bout that. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Don't feel stupid, you couldn't possibly predict how OCD I am so the thought wouldn't occur to you that I would track poo poo like that on a spreadsheet. At least I don't track which companions have Yavin gear, THAT would be obsessive!

Dang. Is there any way to get that kind of character info via the Web, or do you have to continually alt-tab between the game and a spreadsheet?

• Locked thread