Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Hmmm that's interesting, I wonder if HK will be able to change specs or if he'll be limited to DPS still.

Objection: Master, I really must convey my disapproval at being asked to perform such non-lethal tasks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dandywalken posted:

DLing now to play, but I never purchased the 2 expansions. Just the main game way back. Will I just be able to do the main content, and unable to logically access the new stuff when released due to lacking the previous expansions?

You can access the new stuff (Knights of the Fallen Empire) AND the previous two expansions, if you subscribe - after either the 20th or the 27th, I'm not certain.
If you don't subscribe and don't purchase the past 2 expansions, you will not be able to play any expansion or KOTFE content.

The Bramble posted:

If the 12x xp boost is expiring on the 19th, have they talked about anything specific replacing it? All I saw was a promise of a more "streamlined leveling experience", whatever that means.

Class quests give 6x exp and planetary quests give 6x exp. So same as it is now but you need to do planetary questline as well as class.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Berke Negri posted:

Non-spoilers question: is space PVE worth doing at all? Like, I mean the heroics at the end. Is their payout kind of worth it at all for the cost of upgrading your ship, or is there GSF stuff you can buy with space comms?

It's the only way to get a few of the achievements. But it's totally distinct from GSF.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

the panacea posted:

As there is no way to transfer existing chars between US and EU I'm in a non goon guild with Waldorf (I think there might some others in there too).

We're still open to new members btw - I think progression raiding is going to take a hit after 4.0 though so not sure what will happen to raid events and things.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

TheCrushinator posted:

Which server/faction? been so long i might as well start a new character

Red Eclipse, Rep side (though we have an active sister guild on Imp side too)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

TheCrushinator posted:

I think all my alliance characters are on Red Eclipse already, my Imp ones are on Tomb of Freedon Naad.

Who should I whisper to get an invite?

My internet has been really spotty lately but I'll try to get on for a little bit now. Whisper Bona'dea if you get online soon.

E: Nope, internet not stable enough to stay online for more than 2-3 minutes at a time. Try "Cope", "Quso" and "Chedo" and if you get any of them tell them Bona'dea sent you. Otherwise I think you can do a search by guild name? It's "The Warlords"

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 11, 2015

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, if you have an android phone you can just download it from your app store. Its what I use and its really easy.

Or an iPhone

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

the panacea posted:

gently caress, I always neglected datacrons. Which are the one's that'll suffer the most from level synched mobs?
I guess those planet wide decoration drops will also go up in price?

Talking bout achivs: I noticed that my two launch chars don't have their achievements for finishing the story content and hitting lvl 50 because I maxed them before achievements were introduced.

At least one of these is properly bugged and won't unlock at all. Agent, I think. If you send a support ticket they'll give you the achievements.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dely Apple posted:

I was going to be doing an impromptu drinking game where I guzzle for every time you find an original trilogy name poorly renamed and then I died

Well you can hardly blame the players for that when Bioware do the exact same thing with their characters. Ever notice how Deron Cadoruso ("We fight for Revan!" Deron, so intense!) is an anagram of Canderous Ordo? :v:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

....I hate you now.

What did I do? Worse than Lord Kurse!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

unseenlibrarian posted:

And Sano Thrica is Carth Onasi, of course.

...Kurse seems to be the odd one out there unless I'm forgetting something.

:aaaaa: I saw Deron's anagram as soon as I stepped into the room but never saw Sano's!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

prefect posted:

Oh, I know. I've done my every-class-to-fifty work to get the special recognition once the expansion comes out. :smuggo:

There's just so much that I have no clue about, since there have been two expansions since I last played. What I really want is a way to turn off the "quest available here" display by quest types. Don't show me the flashpoint/operation quest givers right now; I'm trying to figure out if there's a story quest I've overlooked. :argh:

And yesterday I found something called a "Macrobinocular" quest? :psyboom:

Macrobinocular and Seeker Droid are part of the RotHC expansion. They're side-stories that are worth doing at some point, but they don't reveal anything major to be honest.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Upcoming event and conquest schedule!

Event
Oct-20 Bounty Contract Week
Nov-10 Rakghoul
Nov-24 Bounty Contract Week
Dec-8 Gree
Dec-15 Rakghoul
Dec-22 Bounty Contract Week
Jan-12 Rakghoul
Jan-26 Bounty Contract Week
*Also you can see some of our event rewards, in Archive from our live stream.

Conquests
Oct-20 Death Mark
Oct-27 Flashpoint Havoc
Nov-3 Titans of Industry
Nov-10 Rakghoul Resurgence Ald
Nov-17 Revenge of the Revanites
Nov-24 Death Mark
Dec-1 The Trade Emporium
Dec-8 Relics of the Gree
Dec-15 Rakghoul Resurgence Tat
Dec-22 Death Mark
Dec-29 The Balance of Power
Jan-5 The Dread War
Jan-12 Rakghoul Resurgence Cor
Jan-19 Emergency Operations
Jan-26 Death Mark

Rakghoul 3 months in a row? :stare: Maybe I will finally get the last pet I need.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

You'd better loving believe that armour is animated

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Catsworth posted:

I've always wanted this mount for my Inquisitor but never got around to doing any raids. How hard will it be to get after the expansion?

You'll need to join a guild that does progression raiding and you'll need to be able to farm NiM Dread Fortress. It's easy-ish with an experienced and well geared group now. Playing it at level? Gonna be really, really hard to get it on farm again.

E: Unless they unbalance the gear somehow, it's hard to say what the numbers themselves will be like :shobon:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Promethium posted:

The Underworld set armor shells are craftable but very rare to find on the GTN depending on server: The Harbinger seems to have more of them than Jedi Convenant but the chestpieces are running for 1mil+. At the moment they also drop as non-set Verpine pieces from the story mode Oricon operations, and might be introduced as legacy sets after the expansion. There are also animated Kell Dragon set versions that currently drop from nightmare mode Asation and Darvannis. The Jedi Knight set especially looks quite good (it's what the knight in the KotFE gameplay trailers is wearing).

Jedi Knight Kell Dragon belt best belt in the game. Flashy Republic logo!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dexo posted:

Jesus christ I hope that Imperial Characters can recruit M14X.

This times a million holy poo poo

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Guys I'm updating, it's happening
So get your launchers launched or whatever. Servers still not back up for a few hours though I think!

E: It's installed, I can launch to 4.0's splash screen. But servers still down :f5h::gonk:

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 20, 2015

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hulk Smash! posted:

Servers are down until at least 11AM EST. Go have a coffee or something :)

Yeah it's supposed to be 4pm my time (1 hour and 12 minutes!) but I'm checking their Twitter every now and then just in case. I should really grab some lunch anyway!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
EarlyAccess.jpg

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
It is fairly lovely that anyone outside the US has lost a day of their "early access", as lame a subscriber bonus as that was anyway. I was looking forward to playing this tonight (but it's okay I shot all the aliens in XCOM instead).

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ainsley McTree posted:

So if my patch download is literally not moving at all, that's because the servers are down or whatever, right? I don't need to cancel and start over? I'm always paranoid about canceling anything SWTOR-related in the middle of a download for fear that I'll have to flatten and reinstall the game or something.

Download servers and game servers aren't the same thing. Download servers are working at the moment - but yeah I'd say just leave it for now!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Hmmmm do I stay up until half past midnight to see if their "just one more hour guys" is actually one more hour or do I go to bed and sulk like a child

This is a lose/lose for me :smith:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hahahahaha hell yeah. I did notice in that area there was something like 20+ hostile NPCs but there were about 20 players as well so I just figured the area was some kind of... massive brawl? I guess they spawn when you click the item and don't despawn if they evade or something.

PS: gently caress Bioware for making another item that only one player can click and it's necessary for the story. Dozens of people crowding round one clickable item furiously mashing the right click.

PPS: Chapter X sucks
PPPS (spoilers): What do you mean goodbye Koth? Did he leave if you're a massive rear end in a top hat? He told me how awesome I was :smug:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
The duelling arena that was supposed to be a big part of this patch was delayed and isn't in 4.1 :thumbsup: 4.1, total non-update.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hulk Smash! posted:

Nonentity: :):hf::) on that color crystal

Last night on fleet I found someone who was sad about this crystal

:smith:: I got this green colour crystal, it's rubbish.
:eng101:: Actually it's based on the colour of Luke's green saber from the movies, similar to the Farmhand Blue crystal!
:unsmith:: Oh that's actually kinda cool

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Anyone else completely unable to log in? Can't get past the first screen of the launcher.

E: ^^^ oh I guess so

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Welp now that they've broken raid for the next few months my guild has actually disbanded! We were progression raiding but now it's impossible due to the game-breaking bugs. I am kind of at a loss for what to do at end-game now :smith:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

End game is running HM KP and EV non stop until you can't take it anymore and throw yourself off a cliff.

We did that a few years ago :smithicide:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Man, google image searching "Thana Vesh Cosplay" leads to some hilarious results.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

mastajake posted:

So I'm not eligible for any of those things apparently, because while the thing says I'm eligible for the daily reward, there is no actual reward showing. This is on all my characters.

Another thing: it used to be that if my companion popped out (when exiting a mount) he/she would activate my class buff but that is no longer the case.

This is bugged at the moment. You can't get daily rewards from group finder. Group PvE content is basically a no-go area until 4.3 in a few months.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

BrianWilly posted:

I'm getting rewards on one character but not another. Is there any conceivable reason for this?

Bioware

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

There's a bug right now where bosses don't turn around graphically so if you don't know the raid you risk standing in the wrong spot.

According to my guild this is not the only problem. Apparently the turning also affects cones and directional attacks? There was some reason we can't progress on Revan or MasterBlaster anyway.

Raids are broken not until the next major patch, but the one after it, afaik

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Yeah from what I've read it affects visual cues and the client thinks the attack is going in a different direction than it is. So for Blaster, if your tank has him turned around so the giant cone knock back only affects him, it still looks like Blaster is facing the raid and the cone faces them even though the attack is going the other direction. Other fun ones are the Reaches in DF facing away from one another and Brontes laser being invisible. Again, all stuff that sucks but if it's your 900th time running that op it's pretty much just annoying.

I imagine it makes Hard Mode raiding much tougher, but SM it's more of a nuisance. But considering the Hard Mode raiders at this point are mostly comprised of "have everything on farm" groups and not people trying to progress, they don't see it as a huge issue.

I don't know of any HM raid teams on my server who have Revan and Cora on farm. In fact I think only one or two guilds have even killed Revan at all. We'd gotten to last platform but now we can't even kill Underlurker because the position markers are all hosed.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

theblackw0lf posted:

Are playing the Flashpoint missions essential for understanding the story? And are there certain Flashpoint missions that are more essential for story than others?

Also, what are the best Flashpoint missions?

Revan questline
(you pick up a quest chain for these on the fleet)

Boarding Party/Taral V
The Foundry/Maelstrom Prison

Malgus questline (you pick these up as part of the Ilum story)

Battle of Ilum + False Emperor

All the other flashpoints after False Emperor (excepting Kaon/Lost Island) will be part of the story if you play through it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Sometimes I am jealous of your server having mostly English speakers in general and then I see this poo poo and I'm like nah I'll stick with incomprehensible Eastern European languages thanks

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Dalris Othaine posted:

Which server is that?

And yes, if you haven't relegated General to a chat tab that you only look at when trying to pug raids on Fleet, I despair for your Internet soul.

I'm guessing you guys are on one of the American servers. I'm in the European one.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

If you do the class quest on a fresh character you'll be level 60 when you finish it anyway.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Yep definitely no bugs in this upd-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Aleth posted:

Jorgan is feeling the heat and has decided to fight Zakuul naked in all the cutscenes.

Edit: people are saying if this happens the whole chapter is bugged and you need to reset, at which point he finds some clothes.

This bit can't be stressed enough. If your Aric is naked, sorry chums, but reset that bitch. If you finish the chapter without resetting, you won't get your companion.

• Locked thread