Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is it possible to boost an already-made character to sixty rather than a new one? I played during the big 12x-exp-for-story-missions and that was a ton of fun. Then I hit the first expansion, the exp boost ended, and the storyline was bad so I lost interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ZenVulgarity posted:

Holy gently caress I am level 15 and I'm not even at Dromund Kaas
Yeah speaking of levels and the gaining thereof, I know the new exp is 6x planetary and 6x storyline but is that subscriber only, or do F2P proles get the good exp too? Not really enjoying Sith Warrior that much at high level but not willing to buy an instant 60 character either.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

quote:

Stuff about exp.
Good stuff, thanks guys! Had no idea it was a complete re-work and not just a boost.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I have 2585 cartel coins solely from having my security token from not playing. Is there anything on the cartel market I can flip? :D

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I'm going to throw my referral link up here in case anyone wants to use it. Looks like I'm actually missing 1 of the pets. I thought I had them all for some reason.

http://www.swtor.com/r/mDfqzx
I used it, not sure whether I'll use much of the bonuses but always happy to help out with refer stuff. :)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Posting for an invite and to ask again if there's anything I can buy from the cartel market that's good to resell for useful credits.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So are dungeons fun at max level when you are actually forced to take a healer and tank? Because 'tactical' FPs are a russian roulette of garbage.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The Sith Inquisitor storyline may have spoiled me on the rest of the game because that end of end-of-act-one plot twist was incredible.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Are the level 60 tokens like the WoW character tokens and it gives you a bunch of basic level 60 gear, or does it just dump you into the world naked and you need to rely on your main to get them into some threads? Still liking the stories a lot but maybe not enough to have to do a bunch of non-storyline quests every time.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Cheers guys. And is the 44% discount on 60 tokens likely to go away soon?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How do post-50 storylines work? Is it there still individualism or do they all flow together into a WoW-style plot with you as the non-specific hero?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

poptart_fairy posted:

My BH's outfit is finally coming together:

Just finished that storyline. Ultiamtely betrayed Tormen and sided with the Chancellor. Partly because gently caress Sith, partly because My Reputation, but mostly because since becoming a Mandalorian I noticed my motivation in missions went from "gimme money" to "gimme a challenge". Corpsing a Sith in his own flagship seemed to fit into that quite nicely.

Would you guys suggest I just focus on storyline missions for Cartel and Revan content, then come back to them when I'm done with the Knights stuff? I don't know how many rewards would actually be relevant even though I'm 65.
Bounty Hunters get a Jawa companion!?!?!?!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Spoilers for the Sith Warrior/Inquisitor plot: So I'm 2/2 on corrupting padawans now. Jaesa's was cool because it felt natural and was a big act climax but wow Ashara's felt just more dumb than anything else.

As a Jedi do I get to un-corrupt Sith apprentices? Turnabout seems fair play.

Also yes LS Sith Warrior is fun.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Iron Tusk posted:

Jaesa's DS conversion was more fun (turn to the dark side young one. Wait wait whoaaaaa too much dark side reign it in a little), I like Ashara's result better as she figures out a synthesis of the two philosophies.
I've literally only just recruited Ashara so I can't speak to their storylines as companions yet. Jaesa agreeing to go with me was a much more compelling scene though as she got to experience the failures of her Jedi master right in front of her and I gave her a new path to follow. Ashara watched me gun down two of her masters after she herself let me into their secret Jedi sanctum and then went "welp guess I can't go back, I'm yours now" and the VA made her sound barely concerned about it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Cythereal posted:

Ashara's fall to the dark side happens *after* her recruitment, not beforehand like Jaesa. Ashara joins you because she kind of hated being a Jedi, has nowhere else to go, and if you're threatening she's terrified of you. Her character and what she's doing on your ship only fill in after she joins the party.
I'll look forward to that then. Companion storylines are tied to character storyline progression now right, not the favour system? Fuckin' hated that system.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So I hosed up, bought and used a Level 60 token without knowing the character is created having already gone through the storyline. At this point would it still be possible to get a refund on it or is it gone and I should accept my dumb fate?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
No I mean a refund on the token itself to get my cartel coins back.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I've found a use for my useless level 60 token: Making characters, stealing the cool armour from them to put in legacy storage, and immediately deleting them. Some of that armour looks pretty fuckin' sweet.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Unlucky7 posted:

Apparently I have a bunch of Cartel Coins now. What should I get with them first?
The beginner travel pack which includes rocket boots and some other neat convenience stuff.

Also new characters should make one of their first ports of call the mission terminals on the Fleets because they give you quests to complete a Warzone (you don't even need to win it, just play to completion) and complete a Flashpoint, both of which give you 100,000 exp which is like four levels right there.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
People keep mentioning new characters (or at least new 60s via token) get a dye, where does that turn up? Can't log on and check right now, is it a quest you can do real quick or something?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Dangit, that page is under maintenance apparently. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Captain Oblivious posted:

Edit: Everything is Ancient Sith Lord Ghosts. Everything.
The Sith Inquisitor storyline is literally the meme "why can't i, hold all these force ghosts?".

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man I'm really not feeling Operative, so much so that I'm considering just abandoning it and trying Sniper to get my Agent storyline done. I'm using Lethality because it sounded like a Warlock-style path using dots to deal damage, but I'm at 30 now and the dots themselves feel weak and I just rely on Rifle/Snipe/Overload to kill things. Concealment doesn't look like it would be much different. Is this how Operative is or does it get better at higher levels?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Toxic Blast (41) is super-key to the Lethality rotation and will up your DPS by a lot. Concealment focuses more on front-loaded burst damage and stealth/evasion.
Urrrrrrgh I loving hate that "the class will feel weak and bad until you get X skill" thing. Does BH have the same problem or is their power curve more even like SI/SW?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah so it was me being dumb. I forgot they changed it so that all companions could heal/tank/dps now and I had mine set to tank.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Shadow of Revan sucks because the great purple weapon it hands you at the start that you use from basically 55 to 60 is a sword and not a lightsaber. :argh:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

prefect posted:

When I got to Rishi, it gave me some quest-completion reward of a legacy-bound purple weapon for any class (I think the idea is that you can equip your alts); there was a lightsaber among the choices, so I used that myself. :shobon:
The 'prelude to Revan' thing right? Yeah that's the one I'm talking about, as a Sith Juggernaut I just got the choice of two identical vibroblades. :(

Also wow I miss getting those blue heroic boxes as F2p. Also I miss operations. And artifacts. A lot of stuff in fact, they really punish you for not spending money.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I just realised: You unlock races for all jobs by getting that race to 50 right (i.e. get a Sith up to 50 and you can play as a Sith even on republic side)? So does that mean by making a 60 character using a token you unlock that race by default?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Aaaah got it.

Still wish they'd release Voss as a playable race. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I just checked my ship quests and found one for Dread Masters, which appears to be storyline chapter 4. Where does that come, before or after Shadow of Revan?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah I'm doing all eight original storylines but then only taking only character through the 50+ stuff.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Got a 30-pack of the new packs from security key + amazon code + monthly coins and while I didn't get a single piece of what I wanted (Malgus gear) I think I got some good enough poo poo I can probably just buy it from the GTN (two of the new Jungle Gundark gold mounts, a jetpack mount, three of the new bayonet blaster rifles). :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If anyone wants one of the new Farmhand lightsaber crystals just ask in a couple of days when they un-bind from me and I'll hand one over. :)

Also if anyone has any of the Mandalorian Seeker/Malgus pieces and wants to trade lemme know, I have spares for pretty much all the other sets.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Hulk Smash! posted:

I have a full Mandalorian set that I'd trade for other sets/pieces. I'm looking for alliance reconnaissance and skiff guard, mostly.
I have Skiff Guard Supplementary, Skiff Guard Lower and Alliance Recon Upper, I'd trade all three for Seeker Lower and Supplementary, sound good? I'll throw in a Farmhand crystal gratis. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm offering because I have a bunch of the farmhand crystal is all, people can grab one if they like the colour. :)

Mercurius posted:

I got an absolute mountain of armour crates from the three supercrates I bought (and two jetpacks!) and I have some of the stuff you guys were asking about although it'll be another 24 hours or so until they unbind. I'm looking for the Outlander Observer and Skiff Guard Upper Body Armour boxes and the Mandalorian Seeker Supplementary Body Armour and in return I have a whole set of Snowtrooper/Overwatch Enforcer along with 2 spare Mandalorian Seeker Lower Body Armour crates and Darth Malgus' Lower Body Armour.

Medullah/Nipponophile I don't think the new jetpack is as rare as the older one but I'm happy to donate one of them to the bank so you can use it as a prize for the next competition thing you do.
EDIT: Dangit, too late. :(

Pierson fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 9, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think I missed something pretty important: The GTN said it had sold one of my boxes but there were no attached credits to it. Like an idiot I deleted the mail without reading it because it was just a GTN mail. Where did the cash go. :what:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Fuzz posted:

I'll totally take one! :dance:
In-game name?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So I sold a bunch of my gold/silver cartel items and have about five million credits to throw around. Rather than do something useful with them like get into some fast 220 gear I'm gonna play pretty princess dressup.

Is it me or is there a distinct lack of 'Jedi-y' armour in the cartel market? If I want to look like a badass Imperial Officer, Mandalorian or Sith Lord I'm spoiled for choice, and most of the republic armour is for Troopers or more 'wizard-style long robes and dresses. Where there is the kind of robes-and-light armour thing going on that I'm after it's usually the stuff storyline NPCs wear and thus ludicrously expensive. Is there any adaptive armour that is more or less like the stuff on the character creation screen?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Those are exactly the poo poo I'm looking for, thanks guys. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I won't lie I would whale the gently caress out (well, a hypercrate) for a chance at the cross-guard Saber if they had the sheer chutzpah to put it in a cartel pack.

• Locked thread