Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Aphrodite posted:

The way they cut on that Sara salmon ladder is very suspicious.

I read that Lotz couldn't do the entire thing but was able you get most of the rungs herself. I wonder if this season will finally see Diggle on the salmon ladder, particularly since David Ramsey can do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

iamnotcreative posted:

This was apparently at the beginning of Ollie's flashback

Zutaten posted:

Right at the beginning of the bar scene with Waller.

I absolutely love that they have moved past teasing Green Lantern to just straight up taunting.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Crunkjuice posted:

Just about to watch the premieres of the flash and arrow. Do i want to watch one show before the other or will it matter?

Doesn't matter.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Hollismason posted:

I really liked this episode but thought they were going for a more lighter tone this season? Felicity CEO subplots pretty terribad.

Lighter relative to season 3, meaning every single character isn't angry and sullen at all times, and a smattering of jokes and fun character moments. I think they are trying for a season 2 balance as oppose to being The Flash.

I'm glad that they included the shot of Sara's desiccated corpse, though if anything it should be more decayed after more than a year. It emphasizes that it is an order of magnitude difference between putting Thea and Sara in the pit. Thea wasn't even dead when she went in, she was in a persistent vegetative state. It also demonstrates just how unhinged Laurel has become about this, which is an interesting direction for her.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

flosofl posted:

Wouldn't most of the flora in the gut and blood that contribute to decay be destroyed by the embalming process? I thought modern embalming meant corpses tended towards desiccation as opposed to putrefaction.

I'm not sure, but Sara was never embalmed. When she died, Team Arrow ran some tests on the body for a few days before secretly burying her in her previously empty grave. As far as the worlds concerned she died on the yacht, and only a handful of people ever learned otherwise.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

zoux posted:

Was Lance ever officially named police chief?

I think every other senior officer died. At this point in Star City, senior government officials is determined by mafia style succession.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

hi liter posted:

Back to season 2 speed, I like it.

Season 2 didn't get up to speed until 5-7 episodes in. The first part of the season was mostly farting around with with episodes like the doll maker and the so forth. Though once it hit it's stride, and everyone forgot about the beginning of the season.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Rhyno posted:

Oh and in case nobody mentioned it, Katrina Law is still fine as hell.

In a cast of absurdly pretty people, she still stands out as unbelievably attractive.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Gaz-L posted:

I wonder if Malcolm's the one in the grave, actually. Think about it, he's technically the one that Sara should want vengeance on, and Thea has a pretty solid reason to blame him for her near-death experience too. Some female bonding via murder of a very fabulous Scotsman-cum-warlord might get the crazies out of them.

Maybe, but I doubt either Oliver or especially Barry would really care that much of Darke killed Malcolm.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ghostwritingduck posted:

Did Arrow have different writers last year, or is this season a case of the creative team reflecting on what people liked and didn't like and making changes around that? I've never had a show I like veer off into a direction where I had almost given up on it and then actually work its way back to something I genuinely enjoyed before.

Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg stepped aside as show runners between the seasons, though they are obviously still involved in other capacities. Between the two of them they were also working on the Flash, and developing Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, The Mysteries Of Laura, and Vixen. They said, or at least strongly hinted, that part of the problems with season 3 came down to them being unable to give the show the time and attention that it needed. Series writer and producer Wendy Mericle was promoted to showrunner for this season. I don't think she is working on any other show at the moment. So far it seems to be just what the show needed.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
At the end of last season, I would never have believed that this season Arrow would be on fire while Flash would be putting out middling material (though with one excellent episode). I'm really looking forward to Constantine next week, it seems like he will be a great fit for the tone of this season.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

buddhanc posted:

Why does every show have the friend who has a checkered past with hacking and can magically hack the~~NSA firewall~~ in like 2 minutes? I don't know if I feel right about this guys... *types 5 keys on an old laptop and magically breaks the encryption.* Cop shows are mostly guilty of this and Arrow does set up Felicity and the new fella to be actual experts that work with computers and tech, but it's just too cringe worthy sometimes and I know jack poo poo about computers.

Because it is a fast, easy way to keep the plot moving forward. Notice how they most often use it as a way of research some clue or track a villain. They get something identifying, like a fingerprint or blood sample, and then the computer person hacks the FBI database, runs a crosscheck, and find-outs a bit of important information. There are other ways the characters could research the same information, but they would take up more screen time and don't really relate to the story being told. It's a writing shortcut that is tired and overused, but still serves a purpose.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Aphrodite posted:

Amell has been teasing that he might actually put on the Green Arrow facial hair after all.

I hope LOT will include future Oliver with facial hair, old man makeup, and an even worse wig.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Senerio posted:

I'm glad. The actor was fine, it was the writing that was the problem with him.

Yeah, I actually liked Ra's Al Ghul as world weary and vaguely disgusted with events surrounding him. He was pretty great up until the midseason break, when he became Oliver Queen fan boy #1.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

SonicRulez posted:

He only stopped killing because Tommy asked him to when he died, right? And they did a weird thing with Laurel where she hated The Hood leading into Season 2 for...I dunno, because she's a girl and is emotional. I feel like there should be more to it than that considering he spent a smooth 6 years killing whenever it was convenient.

Tommy didn't ask him to stop killing, rather Tommy reacted with disgust when he learn that Oliver was the Hood. Then Oliver couldn't deal with the fact that his best friend died thinking that Oliver was no better than a common killer.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ville Valo posted:

Also Cyborg, Steel, Static, and Icon. Why not?

Well Static and Icon are Milestone Media characters. I'm not sure what the legal agreements between them and DC, but DC might not have free use of them.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

JazzFlight posted:

Arrow has some pretty bad fight scenes nowadays compared to Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. They want all of Team Arrow to fight at once and it looks goofy, like the enemies are just waiting to slowly get hit. The bow as a melee weapon stuff is pretty bad, too.

I think the fights and stuntwork this season have been really good overall. The Thea elevator fight from a few episodes back might be the best one they have done on the show.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

losonti tokash posted:

I enjoyed this episode, except for the part where they reminded me that Laurel is a DA because she is absolutely awful at it and only has the position because of blackmail.

She may have gotten hired through blackmail, but I think the real reason she is the DA is no sane person wants to be a public official in Star City. At least a dozen get assassinated each year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Yeah her surviving surprised the hell out of me, I already started laughing as soon as Nyssa drew her sword.

Season's not over yet. I would say it's Tatsu is in the grave, but if she was, really who would even care?

• Locked thread