Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

should i resub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

maybe one day they'll actually revamp dungeons

squad dungeons. they're exactly the same as regular dungeons except the mobs and bosses have 1000x more HP and damage but you can bring 50 people into it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

The next expansion will add a new playable race we've all been waiting for, Dark Asura.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I would be ok with arah story if there was actually a final boss fight instead of... that.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Lyer posted:

I doubt people in GS were/are doing dungeons for fun, but for most it's either an easy tolerable way to make gold or something that's a change of pace. I don't think fractals are well done either, the encounters there save the last bosses are laughable in terms of mechanics and even then, those bosses are pretty basic compared to other games.

I really think GW2 would be fun if it approached mobs like diablo 3 does a bit; tons of mobs with low health, that you just smash through, instead of the singular mobs with high HP.

That would really be fun as hell, the biggest complaint I have with the combat is high HP mobs.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Moot precursor collection involves eating tons of food.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

action camera looks great, can't wait to play with it.

also i liked that dude, he was excited about his pet project and wasn't afraid to call current gw2 combat things like autotargetting poo poo

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Fargin Icehole posted:

Since i'm so behind, I seriously have to ask. Does that annoying rear end character Scarlet actually return.

There's a new mechanic in Heart of Thorns, every day a random Sylvari player has their character turned into Scarlet and lose control of that character slot. After the players kill her your character is deleted permanently.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Degs posted:

Nevermind, this post came off as whinier than intended.

Basically I really like elementalist and am trying to get into other classes and it's weird having fewer skills. Think I'm gonna say gently caress it and power through with warrior anyways.

play engineer with kits

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Totbot posted:

The reason I'm interested in it is exactly because the people who play mobas won't be playing the GW2 moba due to it being a not as good version.

As awful as the GW2 population is, its still nothing compared to the poo poo people that mobas get.

GW2's player base is a bunch of sweethearts compared to the shitheads you find in mobas.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

STOP!
SLOW DOWN!
PAY ATTENTION TO
THE STORY!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Cool expansion, masteries are neat, gliding is great, action camera owns. Enemies could definitely use a major HP nerf tho.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I saw that the expansion dropped and thought about coming back to try it out after like 2 years of not playing, but is there really no way to buy it without rebuying the core game in a bundle? :psyduck:

I have a very hard time believing any expansion is worth $50, and reading the last couple pages makes it sound like it's...kind of poo poo. Is there any talk of creating some way to purchase the standalone expansion? I had enough fun with the base game that I'd drop $25 on an expansion that added fun content, but I don't think I could bring myself to pay double that price for the privilege of having a second copy of a game I already bought.

nope

also the core game is F2P now anyways

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

also, the octovine event is genuinely awful due to it involving a million variables and any one of them going wrong ruining it for everyone

the octovine event is really cool in theory, in practice it's a bunch of brain dead pubbies running around while 2 or 3 people yell at them for being idiots and the event is tuned for way too many people compared to how many people even attempt it

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

the xpac is actually a really cool and fantastic base marred by a bunch of poor design choices thrown on top for The Grind or naive ideas about how the player base acts

removing the itzel 4 mastery gate for the story is a good sign, so hopefully they'll take everyone's other complaints seriously

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

mind the walrus posted:

Can we take a second to acknowledge the irony that gating the hero points behind huge maps and challenges to mitigate binge-gaming is actually getting many people to say "gently caress better do this fast before the crowds disappear and I have to beg people who already completed it to help me"?

anet still hasn't figured out that what they intend players to do has never aligned with what players actually do

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i have only once found a hero point with other people at it, something has to be wrong because while the maps are big, they're nowhere near big enough that every area is loving barren

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

there's genuinely no way they won't change something or other

imagine if this was a korean MMO

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Dukka posted:

just fire up the chinese version when they get the content, pretty good simulator of such most likely

actually, is there a recent writeup about all the differences and stuff in the current chinese version besides no skulls, im curious

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it's really loving dumb how you can't play the expansion content with the class spec everyone bought the expansion for until you've grinded for 20 hours to unlock frog farting

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Kessel posted:

i'll just leave you with this tidbit: the playerbase calls it the mystic toilet in Mandarin too

yessss

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Arthil posted:

Funny thing about that.

I pre-ordered the standard edition, still got an extra character slot.

standard comes with a char slot for old players, other ones come with 2 slots for old players

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

kater posted:

Action camera is terrific simply for jumping puzzles, but I don't think I'm going to use it by default. No auto-attack is terrible, it's way too easy to interrupt yourself. Also it's funny that you can use it to target heals on allies when they didn't want that to be a thing.

Auto attack actually works perfectly if you use your skill 1 bind. Mouse click does not start auto attack for some reason.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Your Computer posted:

Tired of purple mesmers, I tried for some Symphony of the Night vibes:

oh my god i seriously love that outfit. you did really good job.

edit: my mouse broke and i can't get a replacement for about a week. has anyone come up with a janky controller set up for action cam yet or am i gonna have to suffer with my drawing tablet?

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 27, 2015

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i'll check it out, if it works better at all than my drawing tablet i'll count it as a success

edit: oh my god, this is super janky and weird as hell but it's way better than my previous solutions so i guess i'll level alts with this because there's no way i can do HoT content with this lmao

ShadowMar fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 27, 2015

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Orv posted:

Mecha Legs is the best trait in the worst tree.

empty quote

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

mmo players are the only people who hate quality of life changes

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Your Computer posted:

I don't know about this specific thing, but I tried to watch the guy once on twitch a couple of days ago and he was going on and on about how whiny everyone is and why HoT isn't overtuned but in fact undertuned and everyone's just a big baby. The guy even managed to complain that the new meta events are more-or-less doable in PUGs/map chat and he wished it would require a coordinated guild effort. What's that? Content for non-poopsockers? Not his fault you're a filthy casual :smuggo: He has a bunch of good videos on youtube, but I guess they're more informative and less opinion-y than his streams.

dont watch his videos about anything that isn't lore or cut content p much

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

mike12345 posted:

Ugh Anime invasion

someone post Asura rear end

here you go

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

does any one elses launcher get stuck on "initializing" randomly until you restart a couple times, only started happening after the update that broke poo poo for a lot of people

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Cuckoo posted:

I haven't played Reaper yet, but Ranger seemed to be easiest. The pet isn't the level of support you'd see in WoW, but it does help, and ranged combat seems more forgiving in general.

Okay thread, one more question. Does that Mastery exp kick in only after you've hit 80, or does it level up as you level from 1? Like if I wanted to mess around in the vanilla game, do I need to buy the expansion immediately in order to get mastery experience or would it not matter anyway, since I wouldn't see it until after hitting the level cap?

masteries only work and gain xp at 80

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Ciaphas posted:

I'm closing in on 80. What should I do first to get on track to opening up Reaper?

100% map completion will get you about ~200/250 HPs for reaper and/or you can join the hero point trains people are running to get all the HPs you need in HoT.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

So I went to the reddit page for those motherfucking wings Kakapo linked in /g earlier and this comment made me chuckle

GW2 Goon Squad: now lore-friendly :patriot:

wings are anet's apology for tengu never being implemented

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Kitty Fantastico posted:

I got that in the exact same spot. That was my breaking point after my previous attempt fizzled out on an updraft which wouldn't trigger my glider. What a horrible, buggy mess.

that mission will be fun when they fix it in 3 years

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Lemon King posted:

Why do we have wings but no badass capes or cloaks?

~clipping~

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

whydirt posted:

I just wish they'd either up the token rewards or reduce the price for armor skins.

theres like 3 pieces i want for some future outfits and it really kills my drive to get them because dungeons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Harrow posted:

Why not PvP reward tracks? They're often faster to get what you want from than dungeons.

i have played pvp all of 1 times

• Locked thread