Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If they're removing most dungeon rewards, have they said how they are going to handle the gifts for legendary weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did they ever add an after the fact digital deluxe upgrade pack for people that bought the base game?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It was blatantly obvious before season 1 even started.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

So I have begun my crafting of my Quip precursor, stage one involves three different kinds of tasks:

-Throwing harpy pheromones on things, including enemies like the molten firestorm
-Picking on (/laugh) at various NPCs in the game
-Eating too much candy and vomiting in inappropriate places

Heart of Thorn is a 10/10

So the precursor 'scavenge hunts' are unique and involved quests? I really like that

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I thought the mastery system was account wide

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Insert name here posted:

I jumped into the Halloween area cause I figured I could get xp and do the seasonal event at the same time then found out you can't gain xp for masteries in the Halloween area lol

Seriously? Not even the Tyria masteries?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm just coming back after a long time, is the map meta completion bar and rewards new with the expansion or has it been in? Because that is really nice.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't know if it's new to the expansion but I got a book the other day from an Airship cache that gave me a choice of recipes for Maklaine the Minstrel's armor.

I've noticed that the LS2 bundle is on sale, is worth picking up? I don't have any chapters unlocked and thought it might be worth it for the mastery xp.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if it's new to the expansion but I got a book the other day from an Airship cache that gave me a choice of recipes for Maklaine the Minstrel's armor.

I've noticed that the LS2 bundle is on sale, is worth picking up? I don't have any chapters unlocked and thought it might be worth it for the mastery xp.

Similarly, did they give up on adding LS1 as a gemstore purchase? I have a bunch of components from it taking up bank space.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

PsycheNotFound posted:

I like my HoT skin. I don't consider it too gaudy or not gaudy enough; I think it fits well with the theme of the zones.

Of course, it doesn't match any of the outfits I typically like wearing on my very much gaudy mesmer, so I'm going to have to go fashion shopping to fix that.

Kind of wish they would add glider skins for all the backpacks. The ghoul backpack could extend its arms and flap, the blades and karka could spin like a helicopter, the winters day toy pack could fart snow flakes like a Santa jet pack.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I main a warrior but haven't had the chance to try berserker yet. Is it really that bad?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Uziduke posted:

Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon. Hope I can find someone who has the recipe.

They're also rare drops from the airship caches, I've gotten the book twice so far.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Is this the case for Marauder inscriptions? I like the looks of Marauder stats for my dragonhunter and was going to make an exotic set (because lol at the cost of ascended). Also want to make an ascended Marauder longbow but have no idea where to start with that, I've never made an ascended weapon before.

I don't know if you saw but training the first rank of dragon hunter unlocked a collection for an ascended long now you can choose that stats for.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat I never saw this!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ydalir_(achievement)

As was mentioned I don't know if you can pick the four stat inscriptions and it's kind of intensive but if you like playing more than spending money it might be worth it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are the metal plates from the reclaimed weapons rare? Should I be saving these guys to use with Black Lion salvage kits?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Azazell0 posted:

I wish I could change my look more often based on mood or setting or whatever, have one set for guild missions, racial armor and other stuff. I loved the cosmetic tabs in LoTRO which worked that way. (you got one free and had to pay for others, IIRC) But GW2 system is of course about getting maximum payments squeezed from the players, so we are getting transmutation charges, and I won't be changing my look.

When they switched over to the wardrobe system did they take away the transmutation charge for 100% a cap city? Was thinking of spending an afternoon using the blank slot to level a dude to ten for the key and charges a few times.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How rare are the metal plates from reclaimed weapons? I've salvaged 6-7 and haven't gotten a. Single one.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Once you've completed the story, gently caress these spiders and go to Dragon's Stand. If you run boosters that meta event gives insane exp as well as "useful" currencies, and is way more fun than fighting pubbies for spider spawns for hours.
Just don't be me. Get the 64-bit client so you don't crash, and party up with someone so you have a way back into your map when you crash anyway.

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but according to reddit if you enter the guild hall and then exit through the southwest entrance, it shits you out in verdant brink no matter what your character level is. So anyone with updrafts and bouncing mushrooms can get any level 15+ character to the flax farm under Jaka Itzel. I know what I'm doing with all 8 alts tonight

So sub 80s do have access to mastery abilities? Does that mean if i start a new character once I hit Pact mastery they'll get bonus crafting xp

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are there decent areas to get Tyria master experience without grinding in a dungeon?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Alteisen posted:

:ughh:

And gently caress these map wide events, the game just doesn't have the in game tools to properly deal with them, they just went full retard after Tequalt.

To be fair it reads as if the currency is used exclusively as a bad luck catch up mechanic to buy boss drops. Like Valor Points in WoW circa WotLK

For the Living Story, i started running it the other day with xp boosters and it's been making GBS threads xp at me non stop

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm closing in on my first 28 day login reward and I'm wondering what the better investment is, legendary crafting gear for when I decide to do one or laurels to convert to gold?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ItBurns posted:

Laurels are definitely the best choice. Use them to buy a berserker ascended amulet so that you don't have to be one of the goons complaining about berserker ascended amulets because they converted all of their laurels into 3g worth of t6 blood like idiots.

Already done, it's my first full month of logins since I quit about a year ago and just came back for the expansion. I'm currently sitting on 70 laurels since I'm still trying to get up to speed on all the changes

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They could've at least changed the positioning so that the vendor levels were all after the corresponding exploration abilities

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kenshin posted:

These are good changes that I agree with.

Now, I need to start working on clearing up the 1-20 fractals I haven't done so I can actually use the drat LFG tool for 21+...

Maybe they'll they change so that once you cap Tyria masteries extra xp will go towards HoT

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Amante posted:

In the age of "competitive" raiding guilds, you pretty much have to artificially gate the content or people will beat it the first day/week, so no surprises there.

Isn't it hated by wings? I thought the preview mentioned multiple wings that would be released throughout the next few months.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I did but then it made me repatch and it worked okay.

Anyone that's killed a boss mind explaining what the raid masteries entail?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So is the Airship Essence, that costs 100 Airship Parts, bugged or is it supposed to only unlock the airship merchant tab for only one day.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dreggon posted:

good parts of story:

egg cutscene

choice of 2 paths thing, present in the first two story missions then never again

guitar frog

warbler ("ew.")

sylvari specific story events (these ruled)

Obviously you didn't join the Whispers in vanilla;

I've missed you Tybalt. Now grab and an apple and let's finish this!

One of the few parts of the story to legit make me smile.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there an option to tell the patcher to just chill if I lose internet connection? I'm trying to reinstall but every time I lose internet during the patch process it freaks out and just keeps trying to reestablish until the patcher has devoured every available resource.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm coming back after a long time away, have the HoT zones metas gotten any better? Is it still almost impossible to find a Chak Germany event that will succeed?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So glad I held on to my endless random quaggan illusion now.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is Revenant specialization no good?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dad on the rag posted:

New expansion announcement for tomorrow leaked. We are going for the dessert!

I know better than to click a link at this point but is there actually an announcement scheduled for tomorrow?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Do the Current Events only last during the appropriate Living Season chapter? Do I only have until Chapter 5 drops to finish Calabolg Regrown?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are there current crafting guides? The couple I found on google were from around release and I imagine a bit has changed in the last four years.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are those all ascended weapon/armor boxes? Do you have a phobia about opening them?

My first armor set was actually grinding karma to buy the Armageddon set from the temple of Melandru in Orr at launch. Felt like I was completing my first set armor.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know someone just mentioned waiting for it to be available again but there's a salvage bundle in the gem store;

Copper Salvageomatic
Silver Salvageomatic
3 ticket scraps
3 upgrade extractors
And 25 each of salvageable hides, metals, garments and equipment bags

For 1,360 gems

And apparently there's only going to six LS chapters this season?

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 25, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rand Brittain posted:

How many NPCs are actually available for Lazarus to shockingly secretly be, anyway?

I guess it would be somewhat surprising if he was Minister Caudecus all along, or Zojja.

Wait, I'm going with the Zojja theory; that would be an entertaining way to get around the expense of hiring Felicia Day again.

I'm still hoping for Palawa Joko to dovetail into an Elona expansion.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I do, but I also tend to horde everything when playing rpgs. I do have a ridiculous amount of t5 materials since I salvage everything and generally only play my warrior. I'll probably dump a ton tonight since I have a full material bank expanded to 500 and 4-5 full stacks of each in my inventory.

When I used the guide Arus linked me to a page or two ago I was surprised to see the inscriptions selling for less than the component trophies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does anyone still poke their head into GW1 at all? I was looking at the calculator and realized I only need about 100 more zaishen keys and an oppressor weapon to hit 30.

• Locked thread