Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Syllables in English are the second worst thing about the language, and it's not surprising it's so related to pronunciation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

flavor.flv posted:

"Squirreled" apparently has only one syllable which is compete loving bullshit

case in point

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

that's one syllable

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

jeebus bob posted:

tag urself

I'm growth

I'm toxic

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Paging CodfishCartographer to this thread.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

A pasta dinner:

1. Spaghetti that is boiled and then strained, served plain on the kitchen counter in the colander. Next to the colander is a jar of beefy pasta sauce and a plastic shaker of parmesan cheese.
2. Garlic bread that is thin slices off a long italian loaf of bread covered in butter and garlic powder then baked for a few minutes on a foil-covered sheet pan. This sheet pan is also placed on the kitchen counter.
3. Bagged salad placed on the kitchen counter with a bottle of italian dressing next to it.

Everyone serves themselves from the kitchen counter then eats their delicious pasta dinner in the family room while watching the TV

are you a cousin of mine

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

RoastBeef posted:

From the replies:

So that's is what they call Little Italy

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nenonen posted:

Actually makes perfect sense

(there's a hidden Nazi base underneath Antarctica)

I knew Argentina was just the worst

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What is the appeal of a white car?

it's the cheapest color

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

In my case I didn't want to pay 5k banana republic bucks more for just a literal new coat of paint, so I'd say it's utilitarianism on my part.

But I'm also really boring as a person, so

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

What is unix time, i dont touch computers for a living, or a hobby

It's Neckbeard Clock, essentially.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I much prefer the interpretation of "removing timezones" as having a single global timezone where everybody starts and ends work at the same time and finally unshackle ourselves from the tyranny of the sun

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm gonna need a second opinion from a less biased username

I'm inclined to agree with the moon in this circumstance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So Utah just doesn't report their numbers...?