Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like 00 Raiser but don't care much for 00 basic. The swiveling drives is a cool idea but the way they hang off doesn't look well integrated.

Also the GN-X is funny because apparently nobody in any nation thought hey maybe we should make them look less evil. It's surprisingly fun to play in Versus for a basic rear end grunt suit, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What are everyone's favorite basic rear end grunt suits in Versus?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mech games should really only have one of two speeds, slow and lumbering or BOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOST.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Hirai's character designs are the biggest reason I just can't bring myself to rewatch Seed or Seed destiny. His art style only worked in Scryed imo.

Majestic Prince.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The voice of the Pale Rider's pilot is certainly not what I was expecting.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Wing has Relena, making it extremely difficult to top.

There are apparently people out there in this crazy world of ours who think Relena sucks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dudermcbrohan posted:

wing and relena are very good but 00 is better cause it's way more coherent as a series. also GN drives are cool as hell

Season 1 maybe, season 2 no.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

00 is a lot more like Wing to the point it's a running joke in SRW that Heero and Setsuna are best friends.

I imagine their dialog is a collection of ...s and hmmms.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think he asks Une for the latest number and lists some names. But I choose to believe he memorized all of them up to just before the battle, because Treize is great and owning Wufei is also great.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Same but Relena.

gently caress you, mobile suit, get off my lawn. gently caress you, high ranking military official, I'm going to rip a gun out of a soldier's holster and fire at you at a crowded gala.

You think your bunker is safe and I'm a good hostage? gently caress you, blow us all away Heero.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Remember when Wufei's colony blew itself up rather than let him come back?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Caros posted:

Right up there with 'We killed fan favorite Lockon, but don't worry, here is his identical twin brother who we will also call Lockon and never really mention it past the first few episodes and a nod in the finale'

Also his nice girlfriend dies and everyone shits on him constantly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I prefer Daybreak's Bell, personally.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Important question. Who wore it better: Loran or Tieria?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dulkor posted:

This is kind of silly, but it always bothered me that CB suddenly had uniforms in season 2 after spending all of S1 as such a civilian style group everyone just had regular rear end clothes or normal suits.

I'm cool with it because the CB uniforms are rad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was thinking about 00 season 2 today since it's been discussed here recently, and man in retrospect so many of the plot points come across as "We couldn't come up with enough stuff for a full season."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Booyah- posted:

Why do they have faces though?

Why not? People personify tanks and planes, and there's the thing of painting shark teeth on old bombers. I mean in reality designers wouldn't waste time or money on more complicated parts, but it's at least not a stretch.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That they included the eye activation sounds was one of the best parts of build fighters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Marvel's getting a bit insane with the rebranding for all their known heroes.

https://twitter.com/Bootleg_Stuff/status/923394351056728064

Also you just know someone's getting thrown off that plane in the back and shot in the head but you can't see it because of CAPTAIN AMERICA.

Everyone knows Duo is the American one, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

We all agree that the Tallgeese is the best unique mobile suit and the Leo is the best grunt.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgylfF_Y8oY

Seriously, look at this and tell me it's not perfect.

You're not wrong, but so is Tallgeese.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

All this mention of good grunt-suits and nothing about the Space Jahannam?

Look at this motherfucker. Look at how angry his crotch is.

Those are also some strong grunts, because they are evocative of the Leo. I do like that the Reco grunts are beefy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Tallgeese I is the best Tallgeese.

This is correct. It is followed by Tallgeese Valkyrie, Tallgeese III, then the other two.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And then in 00 it was a surprise that Allelujah was only like 19. I think Feldt and Soma and maybe Setsuna were younger, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah basically just add 10 years unless they are literally a child or still clearly in school. Treize and Une could have been mid 30s at least pretty easily. Likewise with most of the SEED adults.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 2, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is apparently from Battlogue, so I guess it's going to show up in the next episode.

I really like that design.

Yeah that's rad, I might have to order one so it can sit in the box on my shelf next to the others I still need to build.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tulalip Tulips posted:

At some point I should try gunpla, if only to have something rad to put on my desk at work (and have it broken by a small child).

If you're not doing filing/sanding of nubs or panel lining you can put an HG together in like an hour or two. Just do it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you've seen Build Fighters I'm surprised you had not already succumbed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just lol if you don't wear an appropriately themed flight suit to gunpla battle.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dub Wing narrator is the stuff of legends.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Strike Suit Infinity my dudes. Get a bit of X-Wing/TIE fighter along with some super robot.

Strike Suit Zero if you want a campaign with some Homeworld skyboxes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Now rewrite Destiny.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

I think that was...64? I know that 64 is the game where you get a route split choice to join up with Trieze's faction...at the cost of permanently losing Wufei.

I feel like 'choice' is a strong word there.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man I sit down thinking I'll play just a match or two of Versus (against the AI because I'm a scrub) and then suddenly it's an hour later somehow. Finding the ones that click is great, and for me it's been Tallgeese I and Emma's Mk. II so far. I still really want Destiny and 00 Raiser, though.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Nov 15, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poopus Wrecks

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Doesn't SEED have a character come back after their robot exploded?

It has at least 3, one of them twice.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I do like that Lunamaria survives Destiny, and with one of the cooler gundams to boot. Blast Impulse is very much my poo poo. Probably the least regrettable hookup, too.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 18, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not to mention Murrue and Andy make a better couple.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Lacus and Kira, Domon and Rain, and Shiro and Aina are the only good ends I can think of right off.

Zechs and Noin, everyone in Build Fighters though I guess that doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Replace Bright with Boomhauer.