Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm gonna write a proper OP for this thread tomorrow because it sure as hell deserves one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Davincie posted:

repost:

mosquitoes should be genocided

But what about moesquitoes voiced by Sawashiro?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Generally, yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

aers posted:

The character designer for OPM tweeted that he's seen a bunch of people talking about the anime having a big budget, when in reality it has an average budget, and they just have a lot of passionate animators who want to work on it.

I'm guessing that their scheduling is also pretty good since they had the first episode complete a month in advance?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think Unlicensed still kinda works independent of the Kamen Rider reference. He doesn't have a driver's license, so he's riding a bicycle!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

The new episode should go up on Daisuki or Hulu later today, right?

:f5:

Go to bed. It won't be up until you are.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm hungry. Wanna get lunch?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bobulus posted:

I'm a little worried at this pace that we won't get to some of the villains by the end of the season. This episode, it felt like they could have cut the Sweet Mask stuff and put in the next round with Sonic easily enough.

We are actually at a pretty good pace to get to the latest stopping point in Murata's version by the end. This is the first time they've gone less than 3-4 chapters an episode and we have 14 more chapters to that last stopping point. It'll be fine. We have time to kill.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's 12 episodes and going at a pretty decent pace to get to the latest stopping point in Murata's version in that time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

*Knocking on door*

Have you felt the good fist of our savior One Punch Man?

Keep your gospel to 20 words or less.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, within the next couple episodes, we should be getting into one of the first "real" arcs, and we'll even get to see people who aren't Saitama or Genos fight!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, the fights where the other heroes are fighting are where the real dramatic tension comes from.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sorry, Blizzard. You're not gonna get a part for a while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

glassyalabolas posted:

The sword bite was amazing. Can someone gif it?

Ok.

Gif not mine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, the BDs have English subs.

I'm tempted.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This one in particular was an entire chapter.

Well, an entire part. As the series got on, Murata started releasing chapters in parts. The first half of this episode, for instance, was an entire chapter split into 4 releases.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Saitama is the best egg.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm kinda fine with them just ignoring the extra chapter, because then he's just a fabulous prisoner and not a rapist.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Look at where we are right now, and consider that the Murata version is still adapting Garou. We don't nearly have enough content for another whole cour.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Motherfuck, now I'm the rear end in a top hat who got confused.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Probably very little. Everything is a race against the clock.

One Punch Man seems to have slightly better scheduling than a lot of shows, though, seeing as they had the first episode broadcast ready a month in advance for the Nico preair. It's another cause of the series being so good, as a lot of animation weirdness in shows isn't due to budget, but just running out of time and going "gently caress it, we'll fix it on the Blu-ray."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't believe they broke the pattern of episode names being The Adjective Noun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

jwang posted:

I was looking forward to this episode, mainly because I can now post this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWefSrqDtLE

A quick summary of everything up to the end of Sea King fight, and why you should go read the manga. I'm kind of surprised that ONE is still having One Punch Man as his hobby instead of his actual main work, but then again it probably wouldn't be as good if it wasn't.

There are a couple flashes here from a bonus chapter that showed that this isn't the first time Saitama and Licenseless Rider have met. Again, more incentive to read the manga, because it's got a lot of little bonus chapters and side stories not part of the official chapter count that probably won't get adapted.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, this is definitely already my pick for anime of the year, even in a year that had Jojo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We already saw a bit of Genos' character development in last week's episode.

He stopped doing the Naruto run.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Again, the BD OVAs are supposed to be original stories written by ONE, not extra chapters.

Edit: Well, some of them are written by ONE. It doesn't seem like the ones we know of are extra chapters, unless I forgot one.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 1, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Yeah but some of those side chapters are actually really good and it's a shame anime-only watchers are gonna miss out on them.

They won't miss out on them if they read the manga.

P.S. Read the manga

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Those people are loving idiots and both have their merits.

Read the manga.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nah. Mob Psycho should just stay ONE's. It's what he does for a living, let the man have his job.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I want 'em. There's going to be a special One Punch Man sale at the Laforet Harajuku department store between the 7th and the 26th.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You've heard of One Punch Man, get ready for Many Kicks Woman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I loving live for ONE-style Tornado

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Sandman posted:

I see nobody commented on Tatsumaki's glorious ONE-face yet.

Waffleman_ posted:

I loving live for ONE-style Tornado

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

e X posted:

Somebody explain anime production and seasons to me. Who exactly produces anime? Do the channels order them from the studios, or do the studios operate independently and offer them to tv channels? Basically, who needs to make money for OPM to get a second season?

Shows in Japan actually buy the time slots from the channel. That's why a lot of shows have advertisements for their own merchandise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I believe it has been said that Saitama has yet to use the money Genos brought.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Probably a rights thing, since I don't think Shueisha owns the original webcomic. Plus, anime in general is basically an advertisement, so with this being an advertisement for Shueisha's version, why would they want to compete with themselves by adapting content they haven't put in their version of the manga yet?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Really, an anime-only ending would only happen in a series whose dramatic momentum necessitated its story to be closed, like Soul Eater or FMA. Stuff like One Punch Man is more arc-based, so they can get away with "The Adventure Continues!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That av is sorely tempting, but I don't think I've given ol' Ida enough time yet. Usually like to keep my avatars around a year and I only got this in May.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

dogsicle posted:

it's Iida, a character from the good manga My Hero Academia

Moreover, he has been cast in the role of the villain in a simulation exercise and is committing to being QUITE EVIL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fun fact: Boros is literally named after a Magic the Gathering card.

• Locked thread