Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Ms Boods posted:

No pictures, soz, but some train schadenfreude: two guys on my morning commute this week, bit squiffy despite the early hour (about 9am), loud & abusive to the other passengers, etc. One of them got a call from a mate waiting for him at the next station, and he kept shouting phone-matey that he was on his way, yep, next station, yep yep, he'll be there soon, it's the next station at XXX, yep yep.

Dude in front of the noisy guys suddenly stands up with a look of John Candy-esque joy on his face, and says in a fruity Birmingham accent, 'You getting off at XXX?'

Loud matey: Yep what's it to you, gently caress you, etc.

John Candy: You're on the wrong train, mate -- we're going in the opposite direction!

Loud matey and his pal hurl a torrent of abuse at everyone on the carriage for not telling them.

John Candy: That's ok -- just get off at the next station, cross over the platform, and the train you need will just be pulling in.

Loud mateys bustle to get off the train as we pull into the next station, and see that their train is not only sat there, but pulls away as the race down the platform to the pedestrian bridge to cross over. The next train back is an hour later.

Schadenfreude, or instant karma, who knows. The John Candy guy, though, was so happy to be the bearer of the bad news :allears:

Did he try to sell you shower curtain rings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
So thanks to a closed-captioning snafu, Giants quarterback Eli Manning is now known as "Penguin Boy".

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

So, basically a bunch of fat, clumsy people plummeting headfirst into a crash pad? I'd pay to see that.

It's Stone Mountain, too, so some of those fat, clumsy people will also be white supremacists. Let's all hope it's a small crash pad.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

An Alabama millionaire paid skywriters to write anti-Trump messages above the Rose Bowl Parade yesterday: http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/01/politics/donald-trump-skywriting-rose-bowl-parade/

quote:

"America is great! Trump is disgusting," were the words dotted clearly across the sky on what appeared to be a mostly cloudless morning.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Just when you thought it was safe...

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

wayfinder posted:

Wait did they throw actual poo poo, like human feces?

I'm guessing not, but only because they didn't have immediate access to it.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Dammit, Jerry!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Planned Parenthood got defunded in part because of these videos, so it's not exactly what I'd call a net win.

Only in certain places, and the legality of those defundings is in question (at least one has already been declared unconstitutional).

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

CATALITY

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Decrepus posted:

no whammies no whammies no whammies... gently caress

Speaking of Press Your Luck, I realized that this story is somewhat relevant to the thread: That time a guy figured out the show's lazy-rear end board sequence and broke the game wide open to the tune of $110,237.

http://priceonomics.com/the-man-who-got-no-whammies/

quote:

After six months of scrupulous examination, Larson realized that the “random” sequences on Press Your Luck’s Big Board weren’t random at all, but rather five looping patterns that would always jump between the same squares. He wrote down these patterns, memorized them, then honed his timing by watching re-runs and hitting “pause” on his VCR remote when he suspected the board would land on a given square.

Most crucially, Larson determined that two squares on the game board, #4 and #8, always contained a combination of cash and an extra spin. Since he’d memorized the patterns, he knew exactly when the board would land on each square.

When the game ended, Larson raised his arms in triumph and emitted a primal scream: he had secured $104,950 in cash, a sailboat ($1,015), and two all-inclusive trips, which brought his total winnings to $110,237. ... Larson had made a fool of CBS: He'd spun the show's board 47 times. He’d won more than any other daytime game show contestant in history. And he’d done so by finding an inherent flaw in television’s most “technologically impressive” game board.

Protip: Don't read what happened to him after. :smith:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

^ I don't get a whole lot of freude out of that. Depending on the lighting/time of day, even a fake painted tunnel could reasonably look like a tunnel to a driver.

The real freude is the train that hit him after the crash.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Because people like giraffes and don't want to taint them by association?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

SPIDER-MAN INJURES INNOCENT PARKGOER

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I'm flabbergasted that people would donate $81,158 to that. I mean poo poo, even loving Star Citizen is at least a new thing, in concept.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

"We are merely exchanging long protein strings."

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Now that medtech company Theranos's blood tests have been proven worthless and the company is being investigated by multiple federal agencies, Forbes has downgraded the CEO's net worth from $4.5 billion to $0: http://qz.com/696835/forbes-just-cut-its-estimate-of-theranos-ceo-elizabeth-holmess-net-worth-from-4-5-billion-to-zero/

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Sex Cop posted:

Something Sensitive crap

I'm only surprised that it took this long to happen.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

The Aeschylus one is apocryphal. Funny, but apocryphal.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Good thing the PTA lady was white.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

What the hell was this idiot even doing?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I'm looking forward to reading the Leper's Colony in the morning.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

betterinsodapop posted:

The G train is the best train on the entire system, as far is the station locations, where it goes, etc. The G train is the 2nd WORST train on the service (second to the L) as far as train frequency, punctuality, crowdedness, etc...
I remember back in 2009, you could take the G from Greenpoint all the way to Astoria. Those were the days...

The real scoodyfroody: the L train has a HUGE ridership and is headed for an imminent shutdown for undetermined amount of time. Oh boy...

Best part: It's the train all the Brooklyn hipsters ride.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

I think my favorite are the people complaining about the game now having two lesbians, why does the game need two lesbians? :what: Of course none of the other characters have been outed as lesbians, but apparently some guys assume Zayra must be a lesbian.

I hope they show her married to a burly lumberjack who adores his swole sweetie.

I'm trying to decide if this would be funnier than a skinny, sensitive guy who works as a grief counselor.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Azhais posted:

http://i.imgur.com/jkkUeiT.mp4

Not sure what the actual goal was here

"I learned all about how to throw a stage punch at theater festival! Watch, I'll show you!"

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

Apparently someone threw dog poo poo at Martin Shkreli and nailed him in the face.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a52299/martin-shkreli-dog-poop/

Let this be the tone-setting event for 2017: fuckers getting theirs.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

spog posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was simply a case of them being great fans of Bruce and simply respecting his views.

Is anybody going to play at this inauguration? It seems like it is heading towards an empty stage.

I believe the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (those members who haven't quit, anyway) and whatever Rockettes really need to pay off their student loans are still booked.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Beautiful. *kisses fingertips*

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

ranbo das posted:

The Pats are a good team who deserved to be in the Super Bowl, but who also have magical wizard powers that cause their opponents to pass the ball when running it is the very obvious game winning move.

Like just three runs and a FG means the Falcons win, instead they lose 23 yards on pass plays and end up losing the game. Seahawks pass instead of run and get picked. I wish I had Belicheck's black magic.

Also the same rear end in a top hat gets a holding penalty on 3rd and long THREE TIMES IN A ROW. How do you not pull that guy and send him to the locker room to be beaten?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Awwwwww, he's posting in GBS.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Fixed the newelpost!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

He's probably got a feather.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

They've tried. I can't find the link right now, but some people last year during the campaign used third-party apps to view Twitter and saw that the really incendiary tweets with awful grammar and a total lack of diplomacy or sense were made from an Android, while the normal "Thank you for existing Cleveland!" tweets with pictures of cheering crowds and such were made from an iPhone. This suggests that Trump just gave some staffers access to his personal Twitter account and the staffers tried to make normal tweets to keep attention while Trump threw out insults and bizarre screaming at 3:00 AM.

It's his personal Twitter rather than the official POTUS one that he's using, which is probably one of the reasons it's so hard to wrest control from him.

It's been noted that his craziest Tweets come around sunset on Friday, aka when Jared and Ivanka go home for Shabbos.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Pogo here is a possum by trade.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Panfilo posted:

*Cat sits up abruptly, starts nonchalantly kicking its paw*

*minutes later, behind a bush*

"Fuckin' meow... fuckin' meow..."

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Christ, people.

Here's 8 minutes of morons on skateboards (warning, you will see limbs bend in ways they shouldn't): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYziUEW-_NE

Senior Woodchuck has a new favorite as of 00:18 on Apr 4, 2017

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Should've given her a grappling hook instead.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

"Hello. My name is Bambi. You killed my mother. Prepare to die."

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Arby's has had their social media people doing nerd and video game references non-stop since September 2015, but they've succeeded and practically doubled their shares on Facebook (meaning double the attention they normally get) by doing a bunch of really creative and elaborate sculptures with food packaging.

This is brilliant and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

SubponticatePoster posted:

I have a friend who lives in ATL and from what he tells me this seems like pretty average traffic.

No, more of 285 should be red for that.