Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't think that's a common thing, but might make sense when they're announcing the new CEO. Definitely should've stayed home, however.

Especially as the current lawsuit alleges Travis was trying to maneuver the rules about the board membership in order to get at least shadow control of the company, if not the resumption of his prior role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gromit posted:

Crazily, this has a basis in fact with sexsomnia

"A man who was convicted of raping an underage girl after a DNA test showed he was the father of her unborn child has been cleared by an appeals court – because he was asleep at the time."

So I guess Woodward was hoping to get his client off on the same sort of thing. I have to hope that it is very hard to prove and you'd need a bunch of evidence to back it up. No idea what that might be.

Well, as a ex-polysom tech, I would think a proper sleep study, where the EEG array shows him ACTUALLY asleep as he is trying to hump random objects in the area might be a good place to start...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

This is how you know you took too many drugs.

Or, you know, the wrong ones.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

They're back, with less wheels than ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCGErwCUdko

Other than my balance sucking and I can't figure out how you are supposed to mount and dismount safely, that looks like all kinds of fun.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Are we still talking about that video?

The uni-hoverboard, yeah.

More like Old Attentionless...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

a kitten posted:

I've seen a handful of them cruising around Seattle and they seem like the easiest off all the self balancing scooter things to stash under your desk or stick in a closet or whatever. I couldn't find any videos of people totally eating poo poo on them either*, maybe they're super safe! Maybe.

*i didn't look all that hard, but I figured wipeouts would be better for this thread.

Yeah, the small size and surprising speed seem to really appeal to me. Wonder how the battery life is.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ariong posted:

You generally have a few weeks before detonation.

YAY! (Although that struck me as a bit better built than all the generic Chinese knock off boards.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

For at least the first few dates you have to maintain the illusion you have no unsightly bodily functions. See also "Don't fart in front of your date".

But, what if you fart AFTER the :butt: sex? :stonk:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

cause she basically has a flat white girl rear end. :sad:

She could twerk tackle me with that "flat white girl rear end" any day of the week.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sarcopenia posted:

Lmao she won.

My lovely knees and ankles are twinging in commiseration.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

cnut posted:

I hope she didn't hurt her tits :ohdear:

Looking at how she landed, pretty sure she did.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Think he broke it with something.

Looked like the base of a MagLite to me.

e: f;b

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Parts Kit posted:

Schadenfreude is on anyone who hasn't seen the movie this gif is from.

Seconded. The Lion's Roar is best roar.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Stop doxxing Ronda Rousey.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm just a terrible internet shut-in then, to me dwarves are from LotR books and THAT would be a horrible insult to call a real person.

Not so much. When a rather connected friend I used to play D&D with introduced me (to among others, Jerry Pournelle) at one of his parties, he said "Hi, this is [Sam]. He's a dwarf."

His parties were great, but definitely skewed geeky.

(I am half an inch under 6 feet, BTW.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Man the Stanford Rape Experiment really got out of hand.

I was just pissed off the class filled so fast. I couldn't even audit...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

trickybiscuits posted:

This would never happen because every police dog is a good boy.

They're ALL good cops, Brent.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, that is some thick snow crust.

What's really fun is when there's a decent layer of soft snow on top of the crust layer, so you think you're on solid ground and you don't realize it until you do break through.

This is me after breaking through, my husbands footsteps on top are to my right. His brother still standing perfectly fine behind me.

That is, you know, not an ideal place for a picnic.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Whoops! Guess not!

OTOH, being able to pee in a straight line will be an adequate recompense for my cucking over this.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Croccers posted:

On the topic of White supremacist/Nazi schad, do we know if BakedAlaska ended up with permanent eye damage or has he kept silent about it? And what happened to Crying Nazi Guy after he turned himself in to the police, that's been a few weeks now.

Fake
verb (used with object), faked, faking.
prepare or make (something specious, deceptive, or fraudulent):

He stopped whining about it except for one reference, which he falsely assumed was witty. Still being a big fat (Here's a word I thought of yesterday. Let me know how it works.) hateriot. (You know, like a patriot but with bile and venom. It works better verbally, granted...)

(I have followed him out of desire to see his latest retarded rants.)

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 12:03 on Sep 19, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Randaconda posted:

*gives you a swirlie, runs off to play football and bang cheerleaders*

Watches you bang cheerleaders, taking notes the whole time, on cameras secretly emplaced on all bedrooms at fraternity/sorority.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Memento posted:

Clearly I'm not qualified to comment on the legality of it, but I've seen actual legal analysis from actual copyright lawyers that said Campo Santo were acting within the law when they issued those takedowns.

Let's Plays seem not to be sufficiently transformative to qualify for DMCA protection, as opposed to critique/reviews.

The thing is, you'd be an idiot to issue a takedown on a Let's Play, because it's mutually beneficial for both parties. Unless of course you decided you don't want to be associated with someone at all.

Yeah, if I wrote a game, and The Crying Nazi started an LP, I SHOULD have the right to have it taken offline, especially if it is monetized/part of a Patreon.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Phanatic posted:

In a DMCA takedown notice, the bit where you claim that you are an authorized representative of the rightsholder is attested to under penalty of perjury.

Just once, just *once* I would like to see someone actually go to prison over that. That one thing would instantly halt most fraudulent takedown notices.

Especially with the content bots. I remember a case (not much more than that) where one division of some giant company ended up DMCAing another division of said company for using company assets. Because, bots.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Phanatic posted:

That's a good way to gently caress up your crack.

Notice the classic fencing response.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Takoluka posted:

This owns, and also, have you seen the story of Zone of the Enders? It is a gigantic mess, and while I love Kojima, unless he contributed directly to awesome mech combat and nothing else, his offering to ZoE isn't great, certainly nothing like MGS.

Chip and Ironicus did a lovely freaking LP of ZOE. And as always I learned to never play ANYTHING Chip does because he makes it look SO much easier than it ACTUALLY IS.

One sec.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772545&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

This is both ZoE 1 and 2.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

greazeball posted:

EROTIC VIOLENCE (use workplace discretion):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MekevQpgNmk

Jim Sterling on the latest Konami - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uphcEJW-MDA

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Velocity Raptor posted:

Yep. And he won, too. Digital Homicide went broke from the lawsuit and Valve pulling all their games from Steam.

Edit for clarity: Valve pulled the games because of the lawsuit. They subpoenaed Valve for the names of 100 users who left negative reviews on the grounds of defamation.

All he really said was that their games were pants, and, from some independent streamer watching, a blind deaf-mute could tell they were pants.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Not only bad, but didn't they end up having a lot of stolen assets in them as well?

Not that I remember, but they were a giant mess of generic asset store assets, so there really was no overriding design philosophy.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Let's get #dick trending people

Say, can we combine this with some of our Alt-Right Twitter commentary? Or me snarking at Lani Sarem's "friend" Thomas Ian IHadACareerAndSocialRelevanceOnce?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Which is odd since his typing reads like someone from rural Georgia.

Wouldn't that be Welsh then? Or just Yorkshire?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Testekill posted:

So basically skinheads were a subculture during the 60's & 70's in the UK. They were very working class and intergrated a lot with the Jamaican rude boys; basically they listened to a lot of ska, reggae and punk up until the 80's when a lot of them started joining up with far right groups.

And the far right groups started co-opting elements of skinhead style (like so much else they steal) as an easy, low cost tribal identification method, which partially led to the Oi! music movement.

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 15:19 on Sep 22, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TokenTrevor posted:

So for my 8th will Octimus suffice?

Octavius/Octavia would scan better methinks.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

syscall girl posted:

It's ice cream covered in booze and set on fire.

No. It's really more a baked dessert of cake and ice cream, with a thick layer of meringue to insulate the ice cream. It can be served flambe, but it is more than just flaming ice cream.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Weatherman posted:

I don't know if it's scootyfrooty but I definitely feel something seeing you yanks fellating your flag and anthem and military and dear leader and then having such a lack of self awareness that you call North Korea the crazy jingoistic ones

Well, despite said accusations, we do acknowledge our country's leader does, indeed, have an rear end in a top hat, despite your opinion and possible desire to label him as such.

So, yeah, not so much the same as Best Korea.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Although he HAS worked with Big Boi, no.

He did lay down a diss track against Neil Tyson over the topic - https://soundcloud.com/bobatl/bob-flatline-feat-neil-tyson .

Tyson's nephew counterattacked with - https://soundcloud.com/drtyson/flat-to-fact .

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Milder take: Boxing and Gridiron are the only dumb sports.

Milder yet take: Anything above bantamweight/welterweight in boxing is dumb. Gridiron is dumb too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Bobby Digital posted:

Bantamweight = 118 lbs
Welterweight = 147 lbs

That's quite a difference.

Yeah, but the lighter classes tend to use footwork and dodging and such. Once you start getting up into the heavyweights it's all ALL PUNCHMANS ALL THE TIME!

There's been a few exceptions, but, if I watch boxing, I want to see bob, weave, punch, bob, weave, dodge...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Randaconda posted:

But there are very few knockouts, which is why historically the heavyweights have been the most popular.

I understand and concur. It is just, when I watch boxing, I want to watch "the sweet science" not a head-trauma endurance contest.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Alaois posted:

you mean the fight that was somehow less legitimate than when one of the same participants fought a professional wrestler? or maybe you mean the fight with one of the most spectacularly botched decision finishes to the extent that most people just write it off as boxing being as corrupt as ever?

you're right, boxing is a very healthy sport with lots of room to grow

Yeah, because "healthy" sports like college football don't have ANY corruption issu...oh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

Woman Oozing Purple Liquid From Eye Due To Botched Tattoo

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/purple-eye-tattoo/
:nms: PICS MAY BE A BIT DISTURBING :nms:

I didn't even know this was a thing.

I remember seeing something about it a few years back when they were first trying it. The inspiration was Paul Muad'dib from Dune.