Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

Reddit is now demanding an Ask Me Anything session with EACommunity like the PR team is going to be able to discuss motivations and processes around business decisions.

It just sucks because the system EA has in place (decision-makers never have to explain themselves to the customers, PR team is deliberately left in the dark) is working exactly as intended for a huge company and a whoooole lot of very angry people don't seem to get it.

edit: I can't stop cringing at this poo poo, oh my god

Lmao at this dude trying to ask questions as if EA isn't a giant company whose end goal is to make money. Does he not understand how businesses work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I should specify that yes, loot boxes are garbage and there's way too much grind in battlefront 2 to get the hero characters, but "Is profit really the only driving factor in making games, or does it just seem that way to an outside source?" is a really naive question to ask a business.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

BovineFury posted:

Didn't you see the thread about Fark? Nobody goes to that dead news aggregate anymore. :cheeky:

RIP the Digg button.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Known Lecher posted:

What I don't get is why the truck is swerving to the right, further into the path of the car turning in front of it. In fact I think if the truck hadn't clipped the car he would have pancaked that idiot standing in the middle of the intersection.

Edit: And possibly avoided the collision entirely if he'd just kept going straight but stomped on the brakes.

Someone inverted his controls before handing back the controller.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Serious answer though, it looks like his tires throw up some smoke from hitting the brakes right before impact, and the slide might be from him trying to stop so suddenly with a shitload of mass.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

zidane13 posted:

Thought Antifa were anti-Nazi? Just as bad, just being pedantic :v

Schadenfreude is what the audience experiences. So Nazis would enjoy seeing an antifa person getting hit by a truck.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Elohssa Gib posted:

What were these, the account is suspended.

The guy who protested safe spaces by putting on a yellow shirt, a diaper, and sucked on a pacifier while coloring a coloring book on a college campus left his conservative activism group. I'd post a picture of him but gently caress it's uncomfortable looking at pictures from that protest.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Oh man, I'm garbage at these puzzles.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

dialhforhero posted:

I also can’t tell the difference between FYAD and the entire rest if the forums.

Fyad is pink

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Two Feet From Bread posted:

You wouldn't do poo poo and posting here about how much you wanted to commit attempted murder, at best, just shows how unhinged you are or how full of absolutely poo poo you are. And that you say it while fully expect accolades from fellow poster really shows how vile your side is. This is how Lowtax gets the FBI knocking on his door and why antifa is considered a terrorist organization.

Freedom of speech, and all other civil rights, is more important than your infantile and pedantic feelings. Deal with it that someone doesn't agree with you. It is called growing up and being an adult. Civil rights are literally more important than you.

The schaden is how much it pisses people off that he he is winning all his court cases for blatant civil rights violations by publicly funded schools that, supposedly, champion civil rights. The fact that the US Constitution is being upheld and how much it pisses people off is amazing. I. loving. Love. It.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Phanatic posted:

Unless the incitement is both intended and likely to lead to imminent lawless action, they are. Note that all the words in that sentence have specific legal meaning.

Chaplinsky? You might as well go back to Schenck or Debs. Chaplinksy was, as your indicate with your date, very pre-Brandenburg. And subsequent cases, while they have not totally eliminated the fighting words doctrine, have curtailed it so much that it’s difficult to even envision a case where a fighting-words exception would apply. People have tried to shoehorn all kinds of “speech I don’t like” into the fighting-words doctrine (flag burning, wearing a jacket that says “gently caress the draft,” etc), and courts have never had any of it. If you think Chaplinsky means much about anything, then you should look into Gooding; if calling a cop a “white son of a bitch” while trying to strangle him isn’t fighting words, it’s hard to see what would be. The doctrine is all but dead.

Moreover, if you’re going to suggest that if people get upset over a form of speech and get violent, then that makes the speech fighting words and hence unprotected, you are providing a hell of incentive for people to get violent when confronted by speech they don’t like. That’s called the heckler’s veto and courts don’t like it.

Alternately: if the state should oppress Nazi speech (or if it’s okay to punch Nazis) then shouldn’t it also oppress the speech of radical Islamist preachers (or it should be okay to punch them)?

Obviously, it’s okay to trust the Trump-led Department of Justice to tell the difference between the “radical Islamist” imams and just the plain regular non-radical imams, right? Nothing bad could come from having that be the policy in a country where most people can’t even tell the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh.

lmao