Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

It's a ballsy move, but when pulled off successfully it's guaranteed to leave a bad taste in the target's mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

ringu0 posted:

Initiate the desensitization protocol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDqWKgHjxcc

(disclosure: not much of freude, lots of :stonk:, no one is hurt)

If you click on the related/suggested video "Dad, what are you doing?" after this, it's mostly the same stuff but ends with a shot of a car going far too fast to stop heading straight into a guy pushing three children in a stroller. It mercifully stops before anything graphic, but there are no good ways that situation could be resolved.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

buttcoinbrony posted:

European PSAs are pretty intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL6t-Eu-IY

I can't tell if the cartoon SPLAT at :44 was in the original commercial or added by the uploader, but either way I approve.

God drat, I laughed harder at this than anything else today. It's so comical I'm surprised there isn't a laugh-track, since you (or at least I) expect that maybe the driver will hit one kid on his rush to get where ever, but nope. He goes straight for the multikill/ace. Classic British humor.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Anora posted:

The Cement Truck hitting a sink hole is amazing, it was like it was meant for it.

Th-this is my hole! It was made for me!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

This reminds me of the gif from the baseball game with the guy who tries to catch a foul ball but winds up knocking someone's phone out of there hand, then knocking a beer into someone, and something else. It's like a hat-trick of ineptitude, but it shares the same "I'm helping!" appearance that the guy in this gif has. "Oops, I held onto your leg for too long and now you've bruised a rib. Let me drown you while you writhe in pain!"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Dienes posted:

9 times out of 10 the guy has never even discussed it with her before hand, and the public proposal is to urge her to say yes.

If you aren't convinced that you and your partner love each other enough that the answer would be anything but "yes" even if you proposed in the middle of squeezing out particularly angry and boisterous shits, you aren't ready to get married. Not that it's a good idea to do that, but it's good to think about it before popping the question.

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Oct 27, 2015

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Scarf posted:

Had a buddy who played pool professionally for a while, he said he loved playing against guys like this. They're so easy to put on tilt, and then you pretty much will always win. According to him, the best way to piss them off is to just look like you're having a good time and not taking it at all seriously.

The schadenfreude will come later, when the thread derails into talking about British television shows.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

ayn rand hand job posted:

How many of those men are pedophiles

I don't know, but Peter Phile is from a different British show.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

I got around telemarketers by not having a home phone in use at all.

Are they really that useful today anyway? Unless you're someone who doesn't have a cell phone for whatever reason, everyone's gonna want to call you on that anyway.

They are if you have a family.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Slugnoid posted:

Car thief caught with his pants down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VaexS3tKYk

I love the whimpering the thief makes once the big guy's on top of him. "You're going to jail, fucker." "a bloo bloo bloo :qq:" "Bring me my pants. And bring me a knife."

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

"I'm just going to use all of it and see what happens."

It's like the high school graduates' version of "Hold my beer and watch this."

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQbL1YeUWog

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

I've never been on a skateboard but from looking at pictures of one I assume it's like this amazing ms paint I did

If I'm wrong then I guess the Schadenfreude is me.

A switched set of trucks is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for skaters to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the skateboard than on the skateboarder. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a bruised, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

The admins for the entire wikia system got involved, since he was the head admin for the SH wiki, and blocked him from the wikia system (since he'd apparently started spreading his circumcision craziness to other game wikis he was an also an admin at).

At least he saved us the trouble of figuring out what forums he posted to if/when he goes off the deep end in real life, assuming his username is his real name.

It was a wild ride from start to finish, but Alex Shepherd is the name of a character in Silent Hill: Homecoming. You'll know when he reregisters because Silent Hill (and Xenogears/Xenosaga) Wikias will start having long, anti-male genital mutilation rants on every character's bio.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

My younger brother was a skater boi, and they are the most insufferable pieces of smarmy crap to grace this forsaken planet. Not only can you not talk to them like a human, they just break poo poo all the time. Phone in pocket: broken. Brand new skateboard: broken. Left radius bone: broken. Fuckin' youths....

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Teddybear posted:

Was? I'm very sorry you had to say see you later, boi. :smith:

He grew up, made decisions that, on aggregate, were better than his friends', got a degree and is working as an apprentice electrician where I hope he'll gather many stories of schadenfreude or OSHA violations from the field. I should probably give him a call some time...

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Delicious

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

"Man, ants are some creepy poo poo. They way they move around on all those legs, and climb up and all over your body and you can't DO ANYTHING GET THEM OFF OH MY GAW-"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

In memorandum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8UOfp3znB8

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I dunno what the hell you're on about, funeral homes make first contact with grieving potential clients via email all the time :shrug:

Maybe it means, like, "Your father has dropped the mic on life, come see us for your funerary needs."

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Ah, golf. The drunk driving sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5YQ3eDDkUQ

e: This one's a lot better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jiNEjVbt0c

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Apr 11, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Elizabeth Warren is an amazing woman and she has been taking no poo poo from anyone for ages.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I show my pride in my country by displaying my Patriotism Belly while drinking America Ice at my kid's little league game.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Aramek posted:

Good thing I'm a really jolly and complacent drunk! Much less chance of getting my rear end beat.

Hear hear. The one time I got a DUI (a life changing event), I spent the ride to the station complimenting the arresting officer on getting me off the streets and I just asked a bunch of questions about her job. I remember having to piss like crazy while they got me set up for their in-house breathalyzer but at the end of everything they drove me to my friend's house and overall it was about as pleasant an experience getting arrested as you could ask for.

The only other time I've watched someone close to me get arrested was when I was in 9th grade and the cops came to my house to arrest my mom. She had kicked my step-dad out of the house so he called the cops and told them that she had threatened to cut off his penis. That was a wild night, and she called our pastor from jail to pick us up and have us spend the night with his family. My mom and my ex-step-dad still play pool sometimes :psyduck:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Poetry in motion

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

:yayclod:

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVwPT6CsUUc

Go ahead and skip to 1:35. Most of these challenges are boring, but this one cracks me the gently caress up every time.

Best video about barfing I've seen all day, although I don't approve of using cusses in front of children like that.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Oldstench posted:

She's probably high.

She was certainly blazed

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

SSDDR posted:

Found the original story, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arty-party.html

Best part, she took a picture of it.

I don't think she took a photo of it. I think a local paper sent a photog and a reporter to have her recreate her moment of stupidity.

"Okay, now hold up the letters for your kid.. perfect"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Vorkosigan posted:

Really, did they just do no curation at all?

I don't think anyone at Apple wanted to admit that they knew what vore or yiffing was

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Yeah it sucks that this guy didn't have the correct opinions on everything and then further worsened his brand by sharing them online. Ken Bone is the everyman, warts and all. I'm glad he didn't create a new Reddit account for his AMA because it paints a picture of a modern human and not a hollow mask made for the new publicity.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I'm just a meme.
Yes, I'm only a meme.
And I'm sitting here near Donald and Hill.
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the front page of Reddit.
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in this debate,
But I know I'll be a star someday
At least I hope and pray that I will,
But today I am still just a meme.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Agean90 posted:

Civil servant lyfe

Same. Every so often we get offered OT to work a few hours on Saturday or Sunday, and the union would burst a gasket if someone was asked to work 80.1 hours a pay period without going through like 10 different approvals first. Then again, my union has prevented me from training for a promotion because "You don't get paid to do supervisor work, so you don't do supervisor work." How am I supposed to demonstrate that I can replace my boss if they won't let me even when he asks me to? Unions, man. Great at keeping me at a 9-5 with zero chance of being fired, bad at getting rid of crap employees which ultimately makes everyone's job harder.

Anyway, have a pukin' president.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOnDatqENo

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I pull in at least 100k gil a year, easy. Sometimes I diversify and get some foreign zenny, but my real wealth is in the gald I buried.... you know what, I've said too much.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Bull fighting is too serious, these guys need to lighten up and learn to laugh once and a while. If I lost an eye to a bull and then got gored in the same socket later, you better believe the eyepatch would have a bull's eye on it. It isn't every day the universe gives you a soft-pitch to Chuckleville like that.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I went looking but I couldn't find a video of freakouts at tabletop gaming sessions. That has to be a treasure trove, but why would anyone be filming a Warhammer match?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gonna need some examples of people that have been hosed over by a Trump presidency before I start throwing gas on a fire. Nothings happened yet, and I doubt anything meaningful will. We've just got 4 years of crazy rhetoric to look forward to. And my guess is Democrats are gonna act as much the spoiled children as the Republicans did the last time.

Yes, the Democrats are going to be spoiled babies who prevent meaningful legislation with their control over....? The Supreme Court? No, GOP wouldn't let the president fill the empty position, and how the Dems don't have the power to prevent another right-wing SCOTUS. The House? Nope. Congress? Let me check my... no, they don't have that either. So that's the three branches of the government and the highest court in the nation under one historically backwards political party, but I guess the people with no leverage can act spoiled by being upset.

I admire your optimism, but Trump has surrounded himself with figures that represent, across the board, an affront to civil liberties and a long history of shoving their morals down their constituents throats. Giuliani's stop and frisk. Pence's pray the gay away. Christie's bridgegate. Cursory examples skimmed from the frothy top of scum now dividing America amoungst themselves. If you think that Trump won't make life more difficult for the majority of Americans, even poor white folks who will wear the hat for the next 4 years, I don't think you've been paying attention. America has entered it's orange phase and god only knows what it's going to look like on the other side.

Also, for people saying that Trump isn't a Republican so he'll be more moderate that expected: This would make more sense if anyone associated with Trump had even a whiff of liberal values. He might try to be a centrist, but his cabinet won't be. His Supreme Court picks won't be. It's red, red, red all the way down.

e: I'm meelllltttting. Meeellllting. What a world!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9da0wqVTucc

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 20:11 on Nov 10, 2016

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

FAROOQ posted:

All of the claims of racism are coming from blue states with an above-average % female population

Well, there's no racism in red states.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

If you watch closely, you can see the build up of character happen in real time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP14X8MXAXA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

yare yare dare