Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Skaw posted:

Winston was supposed to have a much larger role in general. I guess the schadenfreude is on race relations where when it came time to cut things, the black guy suffered the brunt of it.

They had originally wanted Eddie Murphy, but when they couldn't get him, the part was cut down a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

syscall girl posted:

have you tried crystal skull vodka?

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's not bad, but it's super expensive. Just drink Tito's or (if you can find it) Wheatley's.

I have a bottle autographed by the man himself from when he went on tour with it when it was launched. I haven't opened it. It was like $50 a bottle back then. I saw it in a gift pack with skull shot glasses in Costco last week for $30.

Wheatley's is great, I sampled it at the Buffalo Trace Distillery while taking the tour in 2015 and bought a bottle. I saw it for sale at BevMo recently.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Just the first bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g79fzlYxmkg

Also ragebro's pajama pants and slippers.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bo Jackson could do that irl though

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

plain clothes ICE agent in American flag t-shirt with PROUD across the front drops his gun and blows his ankle off in Orlando International Airport.

I work there and saw it happen. He was slinging his bag over his shoulder and it caught his gun in the holster. He also had a goatee.

So I'm assuming guns don't normally just go-off when dropped, right?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Half-Life Free to Play

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bethamphetamine posted:

https://twitter.com/bakedalaska/status/896032349770612736

White supremacist gets recognized by an Uber driver and she throws him out. Where was he heading before he had to stop and whine about reverse racism on twitter?

To speak at a white power rally, by golly.

The camo hat gave it away.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Novum posted:

Wonder where those cops were when the racists were running people over.

Well, I'm sure you already knew this

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement/ posted:

In the 2006 bulletin, the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists. The bulletin was released during a period of scandal for many law enforcement agencies throughout the country, including a neo-Nazi gang formed by members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department who harassed black and Latino communities. Similar investigations revealed officers and entire agencies with hate group ties in Illinois, Ohio and Texas.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

must have been looking for a man with four fingers carrying a briefcase

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

or other items of value ha ha ha ha lol

"We didn't bother digging a basement for this pile of termite fodder we are selling you, so your garage is now your basement. We are quite literally the only developer in town, and possibly the county, so your only option is to buy from us." - California.txt

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

McGregor couldn't box against Nate Diaz, this whole thing is silly.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

gently caress, I hate it when Nazis and corrupt cops get away with their poo poo.

So, have a tweet about a supposed white supremacist getting his shoulder/neck snapped in a German suplex. This is pretty brutal.

Edit: I'm a clod, this is thanks to Zyla from the Trump Thread.

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/901525565512925184

That's not a good sound.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Can't get enough of this flood coverage, watching people drive their trucks into 10 feet of water.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

Was the Lamborghini going into the ocean the guy who was committing insurance fraud and got busted by the video?

It wasn't a Lamborghini.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

I thought that's what the guy on the video said, apologies. What was it?

He did, which is also part of the humor. It's a Bugatti.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

They both look like they're well into their 80's. That's some aging right there.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

minato posted:

Jesus I had heart palpitations looking at that. In the context of this thread, I was expecting her vertebrae to explode and take someone's eye out.

Steroids are a hell of a drug.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

zoux posted:

Inside Juicero's Demise

An insufferable raw vegan, you say.

quote:

drank milk at team meetings

I drink milk and everything but this seems like an odd place to do it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

The dog gate will keep him in the kitchen.

https://i.imgur.com/Q8Q6Z95.gifv

I have this exact gate to keep the dog out of the bedrooms. She can jump clear over it. But she doesn't unless you're running the vacuum. When you finish, you find her whining and crying and pawing at the gate because she doesn't know how to get back across.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

"He's one of the good ones."

Only while the team is winning.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Haha I sorta know this guy through his parents.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Being a sports fan and being Russian are very similar. If you don't understand either of them, you aren't drinking enough.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

quote:

GOP congressman Tim Murphy of PA announced Wednesday that he would resign from Congress amid revelations of an extramarital affair in which the anti-abortion lawmaker urged his mistress to get an abortion when he thought she was pregnant.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

canyoneer posted:

That is an incredibly stupid law

Don't besmirch Hammurabi.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

*takes tinder date to $$$$ rooftop restaurant*
*refuses to spend $50 at a tailor*

Full disclosure - I went to highschool with this guy and he is desperately trying super hard to get involved in the Philly political scene. Also he grew up near Philly, lives in Philly, and is a very outspoken New England Patriots fan.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can't not link the article. This is gold.

paywalled

http://www.philly.com/philly/living/sex_love_dating/donald-trump-election-dating-sex-year-change-anniversary-20171107.html

quote:

The first date was going great. Until politics came up.

It was a summer evening at Nineteen, and for two hours, Bryan Leib and the woman he met on a dating app had been enjoying drinks and a bird’s-eye view of the Philadelphia skyline.

Then she asked for whom he had voted in the presidential election. Leib, treasurer of the Philadelphia Young Republicans, answered honestly: Donald Trump.

“She stopped in her tracks and said, ‘You know what, Bryan? This has been a lot of fun, but I think we’re two completely different people,’” Leib, 32, of Center City, recalled. “And she literally got up and left.”

Since Trump’s election a year ago Tuesday capped a divisive presidential campaign, changes have come to health care, environmental and immigration policy, tax plans, and our education system. But sex, too?

Dating in the time of Trump seems to have changed the way couples court, debate and tolerate. What once was a bullet point in a list of get-to-know-you questions may now be an asterisk. What’s more important to know: Do you have herpes, or did you vote for Hillary? And if you’re tolerant enough to enter a relationship with someone of another party, how many Muslim bans can one couple withstand?

Steve Ward, a Philly native and the 36-year-old CEO of the national matchmaking firm Master Matchmakers, said dating has become “much more polarizing” since the 2016 presidential election. He said these days, it’s more often that politics takes precedence over traditional dating criteria like physical chemistry, religion, and geography.

“There was always a rule that you shouldn’t talk about politics on a first date, but now it’s almost impossible for people not to express themselves and not know what the other person believes,” Ward said. “People on opposite sides at this point have lost the civility of being able to agree to disagree.”

There are some data to support this, according to Melissa Hobley, the chief marketing officer of OKCupid. She said the app prompts every user to respond to the question: “Do you enjoy discussing politics?” In the last year, OKCupid saw a more than 50 percent increase in those who marked the question as important to them.

“We’re finding that politics are becoming a bigger deal-breaker today,” Hobley said, “maybe the most they’ve been in many years, and certainly since the inception of dating apps.”

OKCupid allows singles to review each other’s answers to questions about everything from personality type to preferences in the bedroom. In February, after OKCupid noticed an uptick in interest related to politics, the company added 14 political questions, among them: “Do you believe we should ‘build a wall?’” and “Do you think the left wing is guilty of perpetrating ‘Fake News’?”

Hobley said that of the new questions, the one “that holds the most weight in terms of importance” for users asks simply: “Trump?” Of OKCupid’s estimated 2.5 million monthly users, more than a million answered the question, with 65 percent responding either “no” or “hell no.” (Trump won about 46 percent of the popular vote.)

Match.com‘s “Singles in America” survey released in February found that about 80 percent of its 5,500 respondents who discovered on a third date that a suitor had a political affiliation different from their own wouldn’t be bothered at all or only “a little.”

Leib, for instance, is open to dating Clinton voters. In fact, a bigger turnoff for him is someone who didn’t vote at all.

Posing the question on Twitter got results more in line with OKCupid: A person’s presidential vote could be a deal-breaker.

That’s how it is for Kate Flaherty of Northern Liberties, a registered independent who voted for Hillary Clinton and said Trump is “blatantly racist” and a “misogynist.” She indicates in her dating profile that something she “thinks about a lot” is “how the hell we’ll survive Trump,” a move to deter Trump’s staunchest supporters from pursuing her. But she wishes she didn’t have to.

“I don’t like that who somebody voted for is a sign of their morality rather than just their politics,” she said. “But I think you can’t deny that’s how it is now. And I can’t look past that.”

Annie White, a Philadelphia-based dating coach and founder of Sick of Single Dating Service, said she was floored this year when a client told her dating a Trump supporter would be “a nonstarter.” Since then, she said, she’s noticed an increasing number of clients indicating political affiliation is more important now than ever.

Still, White, 30, encourages the women she coaches to work to find common ground. Whom someone voted for is “a technicality.”

Ward, the matchmaker, said singles who use the 2016 election as a litmus test for values should identify specific “boiling points” — abortion, gay rights, climate change or immigration — rather than a specific candidate.

“The best approach for any sensitive subject is to approach with caution,” he said. “Learn rather than teach.”

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

NFL commissioner being offered the same type of contract that the league uses to exploit the players

https://deadspin.com/roger-goodell-reportedly-furious-at-being-offered-non-1820289814

quote:

Perhaps the most unjust thing about the NFL is that owners are not required to offer players guaranteed contracts. Commissioner Roger Goodell, who has become fabulously wealthy thanks to the guaranteed contracts he’s enjoyed for the last 11 years, has never seemed too concerned by the fact that so many of his league’s players can have their salaries voided at any moment. With that in mind, please enjoy this paragraph from an ESPN report about Jerry Jones’s mounting efforts to undermine Goodell:

A person who spoke recently with Goodell said the commissioner is “furious” about Jones’ and other owners’ insistence that his next contract’s compensation should be more performance-based, including incentives that would allow him to be paid at roughly the same level of his current deal. “He feels as if the owners have made a lot of money and he should be compensated accordingly,” the source said. “The incentives thing really angers him.”

Man, does that feel good.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Right now the Schaden is me because the last Firefox update is incompatible with SALR and I've completely forgotten how to operate without it :saddowns:

Didn't the forums add a ton of the features natively that SALR provided like ten years ago?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

CommonShore posted:

That woman from California who roasted Sessions in the Senate sessions on Sessions's Russian sessions seems pretty cool.

Kamala Harris?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

zoux posted:

The left hates her. Former prosecutor who failed to go after some bad financial actors in the wake of the 2008 stuff.

meh, she's more progressive than Feinstein

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3838405

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Isn't bitcoin a bit like right before the great depression when people would make up companies on paper only just to sell stock?

It's like in the 1930's during the great depression when people would put coins in their butt to hide them from highwaymen and also because the FDIC hadn't been established.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

GrandpaPants posted:

Fairly certain the last time America said this, the trees bore strange fruit.

Edit: That's a lovely snipe, have a thief being caught:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1-SfUvmU8E

Amazing the thief and the homeowner have the same car.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

lol if you dont think this actually makes him money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkkM9YAJ-Ts

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bitcoin is deflationary because its not based on real life economics but rather the whims of maniac libertarians.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Drone_Fragger posted:

It's even better because most homeless people who aren't suffering mental illness or substance issues actually do infact want to work, but can't get a job because most places refuse to employ people with no fixed address, which they in turn can't get because they have no money because they can't get a job, and so on.

Or you live in California and work two jobs and have to live in a tent city surrounded by mentally ill people because the cost of housing is so high.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

zidane13 posted:

Mortadella (Italian pronunciation: [mortaˈdɛlla]) is a large Italian sausage[1] or luncheon meat (salume [saˈluːme]) made of finely hashed or ground, heat-cured pork, which incorporates at least 15% small cubes of pork fat (principally the hard fat from the neck of the pig). Mortadella is a product of Bologna, Italy. It is flavoured with spices, including whole or ground black pepper, olives, myrtle berries, and pistachios.

Oh christ that sounds delicious I'll never find that here(Maine).

https://twitter.com/AMAZlNGNATURE/status/947229951144574976

If you see it at the deli, it looks exactly like bologna with chunks of fat and pistachios in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Besesoth posted:

Even perfectly level and straight stretches of road can have different traction levels from tire to tire. I lost control last weekend because of that - snow was coming down so I'd dropped speed (enough that people were passing me), hit a slick patch, and wound up on the side of the road. Sometimes you're just gonna hydroplane and just have to hope for the best. :shrug:

(No injury, no damage to the car, and even the glassware I had in the trunk survived. I got lucky!)

Check your tire treads. Hydroplaning is caused by two things - worn out tires and inappropriate speeds.