Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sailor Senshi?
This poll is closed.
Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino 6 4.51%
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno 15 11.28%
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino 23 17.29%
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino 42 31.58%
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino 6 4.51%
why didnt you put the outers on here fucker 41 30.83%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

the thread gets posted before the poll gets added

after 8 goes at this you'd think you guys would have this figured out

This is my first time seeing it happen live, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

nerd things are cool

I assume he means shouting them during the movie, which is uncool as hell

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

once every couple of months a theater near me will do late night showings of classic animu films, normie tier stuff like akira and miyazaki, but still fun to see them on tha BIG SCREEN again

i went with some friends to see their spirited away showing, and a few rows back from us there was this guy

every time something fantastic or whimsical happened, like yubaba turning into her bird form or seeing pig parents, in a loud and nasally voice he would say things like

"OKAYyyy...."

"well THAT just happened"

"Wowwwwwwwww"

he murdered comedy, and to this day i regret not turning around and telling him to shut the gently caress up

I love Mystery Science Theater 3000

But

It's hard to deny that it has had a toxic influence on nerds

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

I, for one, am looking forward to all of the fan service in Nisemonogatari that makes all of the nerds uncomfortable

I'm gonna dig up the epic post from the Nisemonogatari thread about it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I found the posts, in the old Nise thread when a guy asked about the toothbrush scene

quote:

Hmm. Interesting responses. I suspect my worries are finding validation.

I'm feeling pretty down in my life right now, and as a result I've begun to feel down about the state of the world. So, should I watch the first episode of this, or should I instead watch the Republican debate tonight? I don't think I can even predict which will be worse. Perhaps others can.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

those types of comments come off as imitating internet critics and e-celebs. which I guess is still being inspired by MST3K, just after it went through an extremely unfortunate game of telephone

p much

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Knorth posted:

...what on earth?

Even for old ADTRW that post was too weird

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Grats on the spooky av Sharkey

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've been playing more Rune Factory 4 and these ghosts are kicking my rear end

Spooky......

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

lol I assumed it was the KLK girl flipping a table for some reason

Same

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Kill la Kill din't have horns

It's hard to tell with an emote that small!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The post with timestamps of the mommy bad touch scene

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

13:30 - far shot of satsuki hanging in the cage
13:34 - shot of satsuki’s feet, ragged and hanging, Ragyo laughing. Panning up to Satsuki’s face until 13:43, without pausing to stare at her boobs like so many other animes
13:43 - close-up of Satsuki’s face (look of rage at 13:53)
13:54 - Looking at Ragyo talking to Satsuki
13:58 - medium-far shot of Satsuki, her body is darkened rather than well-lit. Ragyo gloating
14:11 - beginning of bad touch scene. The lighting of Ragyo is bright, the lighting on Satsuki is dark, guiding the eye to Ragyo, not Satsuki.
14:21 - Four second butt shot
14:25 - Close-up of a look of rage on Satsuki’s face
14:29 - Close-up of Ragyo’s face. Gloating.
14:36 - shot panning downwards from above Satuki’s face to her face. Seven seconds. No cleavage.
14:43 to 15:39 - Backstory.
15:40 - Far panning shot of cage.
15:56 - Butt slap.
15:57 - Shot of Ragyo and Satsuki’s face. This time, the lighting is on Satsuki.
16:03 - Closeup of Satsuki’s face into a close-up of Ragyo’s face. Still enraged / still gloating
16:09 - Shot of Satsuki’s legs from halfway down her thighs and panning downwards.
16:17 - Backwards shot of a bad touch sweeping down from Satsuki’s chest down to her behind.
16:28 - From Satsuki’s face into Ragyo’s face.
16:36 - Butt slap.
16:37 - Far shot of cage. Dark. More butt slaps and Ragyo emphasizing how much she wants Satsuki to hate her.
16:40 - Close up of faces. Butt slaps continue.
16:44 - Satsuki’s face, still mad. Still slapping. Maniacal laughter from Ragyo.
16:51 - End of the scene.

Let's recap -
lots of exposition
no lingering on boobs
lighting that deliberately de-emphasized Satsuki's body
lots of focus on the faces
fostering Satsuki's anger made a part of the conversation deliberately

If you think they spent a bunch of time on Satsuki's body you were paying attention to the wrong loving thing and you're using disgust to justify voyeurism. The scene wasn't fanservice. God drat.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Having rewatched Jigen Daisuke's Gravestone tonight I can say that hell, I liked it even better the second time around and when I first watched it, it was already one of my favorite Lupin things in awhile!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The folks who made the Jigen movie put so much attention into so many tiny details, it's rad as hell. They really thought about body language for pretty much every scene.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I just wish it didn't have the robogimp scene or I could show it to more people.

Yeah. That scene is legit weird and I wouldn't mind giving it up so I could show it to anyone.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have decided, that everyone has to watch Jigen Daisuke's Gravestone.

Participation is mandatory.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

I really wish somebody would sub the new Lupin series already. That art style is so good.

There have been subs out!

Just not for the episodes that are Italian dub-only.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wish the Jigen episode in the new series was good but it has a bit of a lame ending.

It was gonna be hard no matter what because of Jigen's Gravestone, but dang I don't like the way it ended.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

Oh, cool, thanks. Will the subs be limited in any way as the series progresses, or does that mean it just takes a bit longer for the subs to come out?

Hasn't been licensed so no telling when the fansubs for each episode will hit, but it does look like there are a few folks out there that will continue working on it so that's something.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There are literally over a dozen episodes of the new Lupin show unsubbed, because Italian anime nerds are probably spending freetime on productive things and their personal instead of providing me with translations of the Italian dub.

It's hosed up.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

gently caress THO

they took down the diebuster mad i used to post all the time

drat shame that one ruled, best mad ever

That sucks :(

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Give me your courage!

VIIIIFAM

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

Seafood that was a good effort post.

I like people critiquing things but I can't stand when it turns out like Lord justice's posts.

The agreed emote

Also speaking of him I keep wondering if he's waiting for page...75 I think it was? Of the Madoka thread so that the mod challenge no longer applies. That would be amazing, in a way.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

parks and rec got realyl boring

I haven't watched the last two seasons and heck, I'm not sure if I want to!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It was a show going in a direction where it felt the writers just cared too much about everyone and wanted them to succeed at everything

Which is good as a person, but not necessarily as a writer.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

the funny writers of parks and rec either left or killed themselves so it god bad

Always a bummer when that happens

I guess it's something that happens to most sitcoms if they keep going

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

i just learned there is a movie called Jungle Book: Origins in production right now.

gently caress

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jungle Book: Origins

Starring Christian Bale, and Benedict Cumberbatch

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I can't even make that into a joke!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

*The Eva congratulations video only everyone is saying happy birthday instead*

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

You made the second part up, right?!

I wish!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

VIfam starts with them finding the Monolith.

I haven't watched a non-episodic 80s thing in awhile so hell, I might queue up Vifam tonight.

I know that Tim Eldred, the dude who made that cool, Votoms fan guide thing, really likes the show.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

I don't even think that Bimberdankle Cumbersomepatch is a bad actor or anything, I'm just incredibly tired of seeing him.

Yeah, to me it just seems like him and Christian Bale in a Jungle Book prequel is a punchline to what could be a good joke, not something that is actually happening

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

The animation is really good in it so far, there was a cut where a nameless pilot ejects out of his big robot into an escape pod that has a lil laser gun and he goes after the thing that took him down shadow of the collosus stle, flying all around it while it rotates trying to track him.

Very short cut but a pretty impressive one.

Gonna look forward to seeing that shot, sounds v nice

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The main things I know about Vifam are the cool OP, the basic premise, and that Tomino helped out with it but he didn't direct.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

link the cool votoms fan guide thing

I wish I could find it, I used to have some pics saved

But this is the only relevant thing I could find

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

also does anyone know anything about PCs

I want a decent gaming one (nothing super powerful just 'can play recent games on mid settings at a good fps') but every pre-built one has like 30 1-star 'belched fire and ate my cat' reviews and i dont know how you'd even go about building one.

id probably want a pre-built one just for convenience's sake

I know it sounds like a terrible idea in theory but I have a friend who recently wound up getting a Dell and customizing it on their site, since some models have a bunch of different options.

He definitely knows how to build a computer because he builds and codes computer stuff for a living, but he told me that he got a good enough deal that the savings from building one wouldn't have been worth the hassle.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

anyways im glad to have an anime to be excited over again

welcomehome.jpg

• Locked thread