Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Krowley posted:

The Harrison Fordiest moment in the movie

"Move, ball."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

GORDON posted:

Are the "Sand People" humans, or what?

According to the old canon, yeah. (One of them who became a Jedi eventually went full galaxy conquering Sith in the comics. That's the EU for ya)

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Puppet or swirling death machine?

Which would you have preferred?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Perhaps it's a video game or TV show or some other piece of marketing crap? 2000 words covers a small drop for Star Wars. I agree that title is lame. TFA was a limp noodle name, this one doubly so.

E: to sound slightly less crotchety.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Dec 9, 2016

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So spoil me: is it good?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Mark my words...the Snope...is a secret Vader 'prentice.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I could see Lord & Miller pushing to buff Jaxxon's story.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So spoil me gents. Waht does chewbacca's dick look like?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I don't watch the show but I think those owl things were shown off in Rebels. Does anybody know what they do without me having to watch one of those horrible Star Wars lore videos?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The SYNERGY!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I saw a lil white kid named Mace one time. Also more than one Anakin.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Len Weisman.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Dougie Jones.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

The idiot pod racer whose ride blew up at the starting line. It was hella funny, remember?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Of all the Jedi caves in all the island planets in all the galaxy...a porg has to walk into mine....

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Obviously it’s a lot like penguin meat.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

*Luke pulls back a mossy curtain, revealing to Rey a nest of Porgs*

Luke: They’re called Porgs, Rey. They’re cute, and they’re available everywhere.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’d be willing to bet a guy like Sio Bibble owns a couple of Porgs.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Gonz posted:

Here's something that has zero Porgs in it! It's a new TV spot featuring a cool Rey musical motif and Luke losing his temper and raising his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dptIA3P3v-M

Hm...it feels like it’s missing something....

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Hello new Facebook banner.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Nice.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Why was what Admiral Holdo did a good thing but when Finn tried it it’s a bad thing?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

You mean to tell me that while they were evacuating their secret rebel base, they had time to give C-3PO another gold arm?!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Ingmar terdman posted:

And whenever the Obi or Boba Fett movie comes out we can say that R1/Solo/that are a loose set of three unnecessary appendices to Star Wars (aka IV)

OPT = Other Prequel Trilogy

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

CODChimera posted:

TLJ helped sink everyones expectations so at least it has that in its favour.

And R1...

And TFA...

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

That big storm is the Kessel Run, guys. Call me a psychic. Han will be pursued by an SD and will prove his mettle by going the fastest through it.

This will be the climax of the movie because nothing interesting will happen.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

CODChimera posted:

If you didn't like any of the 3 new movies then what sort of expectations are you going to have for Solo then? Would you even bother to watch it?

I fully expect it to be another middling adventure movie. I’m not gonna wait in line for it. I’ll see it eventually, but I think we have a pretty good idea on what Disney wants from their Star Wars movies and it’s clearly just meta narratives about how they control the franchise. These movies all show obvious signs that they’re rushed because Disney wants to make a quick buck. I’ll get around to it eventually because there are talented people behind it and I like the universe, but these new ones all look so cheap and unimaginative.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Ingmar terdman posted:

edit: why is like half of the super bowl clip not in the full trailer lol

I bet none of these shots are even in the movie lol

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

God, XI is gonna be so bad...

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What’s a bad/poorly composed shot from the lava battle?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah, that’s been an established thing. I wanna say Janna the Hutt is anywhere from 300-600 years old. I’m not gonna bother looking that up for the exact number though.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

My feelings exactly.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

“Oh that part? It’s called the pathos piece. You probably won’t even use it, heart of stone smuggler that you are.”

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

These clips are the most lifeless poo poo, good god.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So the premier is tonight. How long until we get the verdict?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Ewan McGregor was there. At the premier, I mean. I'm sure there's no way he's awkwardly shoehorned in the movie. Just got a normal invite, like Frank Oz at episode 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Will there be dewbacks in Solo? Or perhaps Banthas?

• Locked thread