Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Abner Assington posted:

Maybe he's a gundark who's tired of seeing his species having their ears pulled off by rear end in a top hat humans.

a lowly womprat standing on a crate

i had a dream i saw the first 15 minutes of star wars and snoke was a giant snakelike space pope, so there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Mystery Steve posted:

So the star killer fucks planets to death?

in the original script it was called the "planet fucker 5000"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Eiba posted:

You don't need to know anything about her. Just look at her! Soo cool! :swoon:

I got the force awakens chrome plugin that makes your new tab backgrounds giant hi def tfa pics and whenever a phasma one pops up i open a new tab instead of replacing her. Shes awes in hidef

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
looks like this guy:

and this guy:

had a baby

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This was originally going to be outright spelled out in Episode III but even Lucas realized that was loving stupid and just limited it to the vague poo poo Palpatine says at the space ballet.

Even with subtle hinting, the space ballet is literally sperms implanting a giant egg :v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Insonix posted:

I just saw the movie. I'm willing to answer any question, if it's made using spoiler marks.

I really liked it! For starters it's way better than the prequels.

How does the fighter battle compare to ANH & ROTJ? Are there only X-wings on the resistance side in the whole movie? Where da y-wings at

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Ren was beating Rey easily until he lost his erection due to Rey beginning to control her emotions through use of the light side, which is what stumped him earlier in their mind reading battle. His insecurity about his own powers (despite obviously being strong) is his weakness, and he did not have his boner pill (helmet) to get his erection back. Once he got it in his head that she was going to do something to best him, he was bested.

The fight is not about their physical skill with a saber, but about their attitudes & confidence in the force.

Ren is a good character. That was a good fight. It had a narrative to it that was missing since the OT.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
While the theming and design in general was great in TFA, I been thinking about Kylo's helmet. Its loving awesome. First of all it cribs off the Revan design which was great in KOTOR, and it looks very cool in the movie. The voice modulation is great. But where it loving KILLS is the sound design & weight they lend to it. It THUNKS to the ground every time he takes it off. It stews in Vader's ashes. Kylo puts on this rock, feels the weight of his perceived destiny on him, and is afraid he is inadequate to the task.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
So Phasma is coming back for the next one, do we know if Maz is? I really liked her character and Im pissed that her cantina theme wasnt included in the soundtrack. Of all the effects in the movie shes the one that looks least likely to 'hold up' 10 years down the line, but dangit if I don't love weird old lady alien with magnifying eyeglasses.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

blue squares posted:

What are some good things to pay attention to during my second viewing?

Pay attention on the starkiller base after Finn & Rey are reunited. Finn gives Rey Poe's jacket because its snowing out :kimchi:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

D-Pad posted:

I don't know if it is ever mentioned in any of the movies, but at least in the books (and even the new Disney books) it gets frequently mentioned that Tie Fighters don't have any kind of real protection or escape system for the pilots. It makes me wonder if:

A. They gave this Tie Fighter ejector seats since the characters have plot armor and they didn't really think about it
B. They stole a black tie fighter, so maybe it was a special Tie for officers or something that has an ejector
C. The new order is smaller and pilots aren't easily replaceable so they gave their Tie Fighters ejector seats

they stole a special forces tie fighter, which has 2 seats and extra armor and other poo poo. Normal tie fighters were 1 man death traps.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
You can also consider that the force guided them to Maz, since in the visual guide it states she could have been a jedi but chose to go her own way.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Finn can become a Jedi & him and poe can gently caress up the knights of ren while Rey takes down the boss man

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Werent the original rumors that one of the new chaarcters would be Luke's ADOPTED daughter. I'd like that twist for Rey.

"Rey, I am your caregiver"

"NooooooooOOOOOOoooooooooo!!"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I dont know what i want more, a biracial conventional relationship in ep8/9 of star wars, or a biracial gay as hell relationship in ep8/ep9. Can we have both?!?!

edit: I mean come on

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 29, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

Speaking of that, James Cameron's gonna have to sell the poo poo out of Avatar whenever it comes out. What's going to be the gimmick to get people to see it?

Everyone gets a free piece of titanic wreck wood for attending a screening.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
They were really cutting it close, but Luke's beard finally came in fully on Dec 15th and they were able to, thankfully, wrap production and send the film out to the movie theaters next day express for the Dec 17 opening showings

The hollywood premiere unfortunately featured a Luke with a much scragglier beard

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Krispy Kareem posted:

So the version that terminally ill guy got to watch was just Luke with a pube stache?

He died without ever knowing that Luke can grow a full rear end beard

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Phasma hunting finn next film for revenge could be cool if she's dogging him and poe all movie.

I also liked the idea posted of finn being captured and reindoctrinated. Would be an interesting cliffhanger ala han in carbonite.

Mostly i want to see poe and rey team up to save their bae

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Jose Oquendo posted:

There's certain amount resemblance between the two. That's very interesting when you consider that in the early concept stages, Maz was a 1,000 year old force user, which almost sounds just like Snoke.

Maz is a 1000 year old force user :eng101:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

This would - in fact - owen real hard

I'm pretty sure at least one of the original drafts of TFA had a montage of the saber making its way to Maz. I recall a scene described as a warlord riding some giant creature into a battle using it.

I wouldnt be surprised if something like that showed up in the next 2 movies.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Wank posted:

There is not one good original design in TFA.

Unkar Plott & the Robo-Jawas own & Kylo & his knights & phasma

POOOOOOOOOOOOOORTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIONS

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

cargohills posted:

The original blasters were all based on WW2 weapons. Much better that way than generic sci-fi guns.

None of the TFA blasters are 'generic sci fi guns'. A lot of the TFA guns are based off of AR bodies. Basically the WW2 equivalent for 2015 ie guns used in the gulf war. They looked fine? You can even see the magazine well for the AR body in Finn's gun, like you could see the magazine well of the old stens in the OT star wars blasters. The TFA stormtrooper guns are the old models but with 'modern' accouterments like polymer body & molded stock.

Finn's is infact very similar to the old A280 blaster rifle the rebels used in ESB & ROTJ, which was also based off the M-16 body. And in the movie they are considered republic surplus, outdated tech, given they are upgrades of weapons used 30 years ago and now outdated, that makes sense! Poe uses the same one Finn does but with an extended stock and it looks nooice

TFA followed the gun design aesthetics of the PT & OT pretty much by the numbers. A lot of the more outlandish looking guns are all on background characters that you can only really get a good look at in the visual dictionary, and a lot of them are very cool I wish they got some screen time.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 19, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

plainswalker75 posted:

Why does the new stormtrooper blaster have both a fixed stock and an adjustable stock?

Swag. (also in the movie most of the blasters dont have the fixed stock)

In the visual dictionary the fixed stock is a removable customization & the 'folding stock' is just a collapsible grip.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 19, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Better than the last "leak" in that it incorporates real spoilers that have come out, but then it also fails to address some of the other spoiler points like Kelly Marie Tran's character. You're almost there fake plot outline "leakers".

This is why i dont get these people trying to make up summaries. Its why Im sticking to low level things like a single script page

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Im all about these leaked rogue 1 images. Love the weirdo alien rebels especially fat bothann. Hopefully played by jack black

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I'd reshoot the movie too if I ended up accidentally shooting a Gary Whitta script and then got Christopher McQuarrie to re-write it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Chris pratt to star in stand alone dash rendar film

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
They are 90s as gently caress

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Very detailed Rogue One spoilers: http://pastebin.com/HYf47fWy

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Mantis42 posted:

Google "Rogue One cast" and click images.

idgi?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I seriously must have missed that, or it was such minor chit-chat that I was focusing more on where they were, who was chasing them, and why.

Its a throughline in the entire movie. He calls her it when shes a kid. He says it again a third in at the hologram. Pretty sure he also says it at Eadu (where she is calling him Papa like at the very beginning of the movie). Then the plans are named Stardust and Jyn is like STARDUST...ITS THAT ONE FOR SURE. And everyone watching the movie is like "Duh"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Poldarn posted:

I'm a sucker for scenes where characters are completely ready to die, and Saw dropping his oxygen mask because he wouldn't need it anymore was a good one.

His face right as the shockwave hits him and a split second before it cuts was really impactful too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Saw was trained by jedi maybe it simply annoys him since he knows jedi are the real deal

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

gradenko_2000 posted:

I can see the Death Star in 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, and R1, but what's the Death Star of 2 and 3?

The actual death star is in 3 and the literal death star plans are in 2. And theres some other miscellaneous death stars roaming around both movies. Theres some death star cuckballs full of clone sperms and death star turret cuckballs full of full grown clones.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Yer wailin that jizz too hard, Figgy! You gotta let the jizz flow out smooth and free!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

TheMaestroso posted:

The scene where they list off her various crimes?

Listing her crimes is less cool than showing them. Imo what coulda been cool is after the rogue one title we cut to a montage of jyn growing up under saw doing crime and learning to be a terrorist (like 12 year old jyn building an ied that blows up a troop carrier) intercut with mads working on the death star and looking stoic thinking about jyn. End it with saw abandoning her during an ambush/raid gone wrong and her ending in jail with the same scenes of her getting busted out. Change the cassian scene to the guy knowing jyns where abouts and stick in between the two prison scenes.

I think it would have been better than the awkward multiple quick scenes. Just imo tho i still liked the movie alot.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
We get a great shot of tiny kid Jyn looking furiously pissed at Krennic for shooting her mom and abducting her Dad, and then she grows into a mopey woman "that doesnt have the luxury of political opinions" and "doesn't look up" at the Imperial flags.

Woulda been better if she was a hardass terrorist paying the empire back for shooting her mom IMO

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The bottom video was semi worthwhile because it was extensively sourced. The first was a video that seemed to just say this article saying first look would be x is right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Codependent Poster posted:

Isn't that supposed to be done by a famous person doing a cameo simular to Daniel Craig? I'm blanking on who though.

Tom Hardy is in the next one

• Locked thread