Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'm doing my part. Feel free to paste this anywhere and everywhere.

this is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Be a cool space biker on this cool space bike for $35 and btw click I agree on this new TOS thanks.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Palisader posted:

Wait a minute, okay. I am not always a smart commando, so I could be missing something. But they've released a lovely TOS that has a bit in there about how it applies (I think) to new purchases and anyone who logs into the PU... and then right after have a big sale on a ship that is "reasonably" priced, to the point where even citizens on the fence after the TOS change might be tempted?

Your reading of the timing is correct

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wafflz posted:

Except it can't because their broke rear end engine can't do ship modes :lol:

Yeah, if this space farm tractor bike actually reaches fruition it will probably be missing the second seat.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Atreiden posted:

Why are both guys on the space scooter naked? I don't think I have ever seen concept art, where the artist thought "eh I'll just draw the guys naked" before.

Honest answer. It's because they have clip art that has two guys in the pose they needed.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Sandi watched a Netflix.

Just doing some research on prison life to get ready

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'm doing my part. Feel free to paste this anywhere and everywhere.

Just wanna let you know you're doing God's work, Commando. o9

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
After watching that last ATV I have come to the conclusion.

The only thing AAA in Star Citizen is Sandi's cup size.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tortolia posted:

Just doing some research on prison life to get ready

"Pusher"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm just going to keep on this topic because it's nice to have a fresh one regging on the site for us to roast and I'm still catching up with the thread

TTerrible posted:

Weird how Lazrins point isn't "star citizen is coming out suck it goons" it's now "star citizen might or might not come out but if it doesn't it DEFINITELY wasn't DS or goons that affected that in any way"

R u having doubts commando?

Is it more important for you to be sure that Derek smart was wrong than to get a return on your multi thousand dollar investment?

It's absolutely true, goons or derek did nothing to gently caress over Lazrin or his "investment."

That was all Chris Roberts' doing.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

G0RF posted:

Around the Verse: The "What the hell is wrong?" Edition

I have watched a great many episodes of this show - dutifully, more often than not.

Something appears to be seriously wrong in LA. There is a palpable nervousness as opposed to the usual awkwardness.

Not joking.

---

On a happier note, female models are finally coming!

Looks like they have a ways to go to catch up with Second Life but baby steps...

Wow you were not kidding... it's like Ben is begging the backers not to murder them all when it goes down the tubes.. :gonk:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I skipped ahead a bit and they're talking about "what a great first pitch that was, for Star Citizen."

Hell of a first impression, video.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not going to watch the rest, I'm just going to assume it's a retrospective of the rise and fall of this idiot scam.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I mean derek's a decent enough guy and fun to have around, but goons have been making fun of SC for far longer than he has and unlike SC backers, nobody here is around out of some sense of misbegotten loyalty to a slapfight between game dev personalities.

And before we were making fun of Star Citizen, goons were actually on board with Chris Roberts' fever dream until his incompetence became too obvious to ignore.

Yeah we were fighting amongst ourselves for a really long time before Derek showed up. There was an active contingent of true believers active in Games for the longest time (protected by moderators) that we just mocked from GBS.

So no those multiple threads, thousands upon thousands of posts and years never happened, we just sprang into existence not liking Star Citizen because of Derek Smart and feel like we have to protect his interests with forums posts, following his direct commands, for some nebulous purpose that isn't immediately apparent. It's some kind of conspiracy you see because Star Citizen can't be a complete joke that people are making fun of, it has to be some kind of organized resistance working for ulterior motives.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

MADS :swoon:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

SurfaceDetail posted:

So AI subsumption "hopefully by the end of the year". Is this CIGs way of finally saying no SQ42 this year? The dev even said "itll feed into sq42"

also no PG in 2.5

Yup. I'm getting some fantastic summary info from the "I'm cancelling my subscription" / "Me too" reddit thread...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4oexry/around_the_verse_episode_236_june_16_2016/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Brave 20 post commando on the official forums comparing evil EA to CIG's ToS.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/332430/2016-tos-update/p20

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Danakir posted:

Just wanna let you know you're doing God's work, Commando. o9

Thanks. I didn't like that I had to keep up the pretence that Star Citizen is something which will ever come out and be worth playing but I had that feeling of 'if I can stop just 1 nerd pledging their disability cheque this month then I probably should' while I was making it, which was nice.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
What the loving gently caress is AI subsumtion (sic!)

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Goons ruin everything! On their own!
When they're not blindly following Lowtax Derek.
Which is always, because they're all just salty asshats.
And they're out to ruin everything because they can't create anything nice.
So they all gang up and ruin things.
By following someone else.

Yes.

It all makes sense.

e: i might be having a stroke

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Brave 20 post commando on the official forums comparing evil EA to CIG's ToS.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/332430/2016-tos-update/p20

Logic Sol posted:

Also, You can't compare CiG's ToS to Origin's. Totally different type of service, with a totally different type of product, which is why they have a very different ToS.

Wikipedia posted:

Origin is an online gaming, digital distribution and digital rights management (DRM) platform developed by Electronic Arts that allows users to purchase games on the internet for PC and mobile platforms, and download them with the Origin client (formerly EA Download Manager, EA Downloader and EA Link).
So even the hardcore admit that CIG (sorry, CiG) isn't in the business of online gaming. Good to know.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

orcinus posted:

What the loving gently caress is AI subsumtion (sic!)

Adding scripted NPC behaviours to currently static NPCs.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Since the only reason we mock Star Citizen is Derek Smart I'd like to thank everyone for all the fantastic work we have done here in our hive of villany.

Things like

- Making the game be years late
- Making Chris Roberts endlessly shoot motion capture
- Make CIG steal artwork, repeatedly
- Make Christ Roberts an amnesiac and completely unfamiliar or able to play his own game
- Make CIG have endless concept sales that make no sense
- Write a cartoonishly evil TOS and force CIG to use it
- Make up a huge list of outrageous promises that will never be delivered and make it look like CIG were the ones doing it
- Preparing decades in advance by making Chris Roberts have a proven track record of over promising and under delivering
- Make the PU buggy and unplayable
- Make any work to the PU be bad, take forever, and solve nothing
- Walk back promises and features on the game making CIG look bad
- Producing hundreds of hours of embarassing, bad, stammering, idiotic, uninformative, outright misinformation in the form of their videos where we pretend to be them with Mission Impossible level disguises that we then hack and host on CIGs own website

These among other things are no fault of CIGs and must somehow relate to Derek Smart.

What you think CIG is responsible for all of this? Sheep.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Since the only reason we mock Star Citizen is Derek Smart I'd like to thank everyone for all the fantastic work we have done here in our hive of villany.

Things like

- Making the game be years late
- Making Chris Roberts endlessly shoot motion capture
- Make CIG steal artwork, repeatedly
- Make Christ Roberts an amnesiac and completely unfamiliar or able to play his own game
- Make CIG have endless concept sales that make no sense
- Write a cartoonishly evil TOS and force CIG to use it
- Make up a huge list of outrageous promises that will never be delivered and make it look like CIG were the ones doing it
- Preparing decades in advance by making Chris Roberts have a proven track record of over promising and under delivering
- Make the PU buggy and unplayable
- Make any work to the PU be bad, take forever, and solve nothing
- Walk back promises and features on the game making CIG look bad
- Producing hundreds of hours of embarassing, bad, stammering, idiotic, uninformative, outright misinformation in the form of their videos where we pretend to be them with Mission Impossible level disguises that we then hack and host on CIGs own website

These among other things are no fault of CIGs and must somehow relate to Derek Smart.

What you think CIG is responsible for all of this? Sheep.

yea time for us to all go buy some black cowboy hats because we're villains

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Wrecked Angle posted:

Thanks. I didn't like that I had to keep up the pretence that Star Citizen is something which will ever come out and be worth playing but I had that feeling of 'if I can stop just 1 nerd pledging their disability cheque this month then I probably should' while I was making it, which was nice.

Yeah, I definitely share that sentiment. I'm here to laugh at CIG and the completely nightmarish clusterfuck they've built around themselves primarily but I can't find anything funny about them scamming people out of their money. That part of it just makes me angry and sad. Their practices are just tailored too carefully to prey on vulnerable people for me to feel any other way.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

quote:

Chris really hasn't seen any game since the early nineties has he? This poo poo is in almost every character based game of the last 10 years.

And it's not even AI! It's just scripted behaviours. Unless anyone is truly suggesting that there is some sort of 'intelligence' in the background. Like he's actually gonna be thinking 'hmm, that guys glass is empty. Better go fill it up. Be right back, gotta go change the barrel' instead of 'walk to place X, play animation Y, make gesture Zzzz'.

Edit for huge loving :lol: that they are just now working on this when Sq42 is due out in less than 6 months!:laugh:

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 17, 2016

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I'll be positively shocked if their 'dynamic revolutionary AI' ends up as anything more than a basement bargain version of what was found in Oblivion. If that. (Actually I'm just having a laugh, cause that implies the PU is ever coming out. Silly me.)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tippis posted:

Adding scripted NPC behaviours to currently static NPCs.

Sounds like the patch notes for 2.8.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Wrecked Angle posted:

Chris really hasn't seen any game since the early nineties has he? This poo poo is in almost every character based game of the last 10 years.

And it's not even AI! It's just scripted behaviours. Unless anyone is truly suggesting that there is some sort of 'intelligence' in the background. Like he's actually gonna be thinking 'hmm, that guys glass is empty. Better go fill it up. Be right back, gotta go change the barrel' instead of 'walk to place X, play animation Y, make gesture Zzzz'.

But you see, in Freelancer, everyone in the fixed-camera bar would stand still until you moused over them, so this whole moving around in the scene has never been done before and will revolutionise PC gaming.

Danakir posted:

I'll be positively shocked if their 'dynamic revolutionary AI' ends up as anything more than a basement bargain version of what was found in Oblivion. If that. (Actually I'm just having a laugh, cause that implies the PU is ever coming out. Silly me.)

I highly doubt it will anything even remotely that complex. Oblivion AI, stupid and broken as it was (most of it was just a lack of “intent” and of memory of previous actions), would actually take in environmental cues and have a fairly decent library of reactions to them depending on the NPC's role and ability. What they're describing here sounds like nothing more than canned animations being semi-randomly triggered.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 17, 2016

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Wrecked Angle posted:

If you listen to the citizens, they literally believe there will be a system checking how much beer is in the barrel and that it will empty depending on how many patrons are in the bar ordering beer. Seriously they believe CiG will invent AI's to govern every single npc's life.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lazrin posted:

in the words of your leader, thats not how that works

media needs clicks. thats why they show car crashes and hockey fights as highlights more than the highlights themselves

you expected some kind of capitulation on cig's part because of smarts actions? hes the laughing stock of the industry. he did nothing. you did nothing.

whether sc or s42 ever see the light of day is another topic, but the fact is that goons and smart are irrelevant, whatever their effort and whatever the outcome

the room full of beautiful minds in here can't handle the truth

Posting from 300 posts ago because gently caress you.

You're right, we're irrelevant. Which is why CIG takes down art when we call out that it contains stolen stock images, they banned all discussion of customer service discussions after I posted my e-mail chain (HI SANDI!), they stopped taking questions off of Twitch during RTV, their original text for the Aegis Sabre sale page was Aegis POTATO, they edited RTV after Goons called out Sandi for dropping donuts in front of people on a diet, the word "Goon" is one of the CS labels, Sandi linked to a SA post someone made about suicide during an e-mail chain about refunds, they link external names to CS accounts ("Beer aka Beer4TheBeerGod"), or why they banned me for what I did off-site, told me that was why I was banned, then said it wasn't, then lied about it to the press.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 17, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Atreiden posted:

If you listen to the citizens, they literally believe there will be a system checking how much beer is in the barrel and that it will empty depending on how many patrons are in the bar ordering beer. Seriously they believe CiG will invent AI's to govern every single npc's life.

And the bar manager will fill out a form to the beer distributor requesting more beer, which then will go through the AI routine of filling out that order and delivering it.

JUST LIKE REAL LIFE.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Around the Verse: Episode 2.36
Jun 16, 2016

THEY ARE STILL SELLING SHIPS

IT'S ALL BULLSHIT

THERE IS NO GAME

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Excuse you guys but I've heard Star Citizens AI described (of course no documentation, proof or anything else actually exists) as that It will perceive the world around it and react according to it's surroundings. When it realizes it's in a terrible game, well that's basically Skynet.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Excuse you guys but I've heard Star Citizens AI described (of course no documentation, proof or anything else actually exists) as that It will perceive the world around it and react according to it's surroundings. When it realizes it's in a terrible game, well that's basically Skynet.

All AI upon spawning take a look around and just pull out their plagiarized pistol and blast themselves in the head, but due to the games poo poo netcode they don't register as hits :(

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Posting from 300 posts ago because gently caress you.

You're right, we're irrelevant. Which is why CIG takes down art when we call out that it contains stolen stock images, they banned all discussion of customer service discussions after I posted my e-mail chain (HI SANDI!), they stopped taking questions off of Twitter during RTV, their original text for the Aegis Sabre sale page was Aegis POTATO, they edited RTV after Goons called out Sandi for dropping donuts in front of people on a diet, the word "Goon" is one of the CS labels, Sandi linked to a SA post someone made about suicide during an e-mail chain about refunds, they linked my SA name to my CS account ("Beer aka Beer4TheBeerGod"), or why they banned me for what I did off-site, told me that was why I was banned, then said it wasn't, then lied about it to the press.

holy smokes double :thurman:

:thurman: :thurman:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

all the way

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lazrin posted:

why the gently caress would you think anyone at all would respond to smart?

the circle jerk in this echo chamber has to date provide no substance or proof of any of the claims laid out. so theres that.

goons are so irrelevant in this landscape now including your glorious leader, its time to let it go

We are so irrelevant that you felt the need to pay :10bux: just to tell us exactly how irrelevant we are.

Then again, you're an SC shill, intelligence is not your strongest attribute.

e: gently caress, beaten worse than SC at E3

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 17, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Meanwhile in CoD

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
'Yes, you'll be able to have a full on conversation with every single one of the 9 million NPCs in the game to learn their life story, likes and dislikes and future plans. If you take a particular liking to one of the NPCs you'll be able to offer them a job on board your ship, take them alongside you on missions and even romance them which could lead to your characters getting married.

But then the arguments will start. You'll leave the space toilet seat up and tempers will flare, you'll get drunk and then use your grabby hands to smack the bitch about a bit. You'll apologise profusely in the morning but it's too late, it's over. The love of your life is gone and the only time you'll get to share with her from now on is in the space court while you go over the divorce settlement. You'll argue that you already owned the Connie way before you met her but the judgement of the court is final, she's awarded all but your most lowly jpegs.

Why must art imitate life so well?'

• Locked thread